CH/24 Confession

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

There were only faint highway lights illuminating against the dark night, and the details were, as a result, all soaked in the filmy vision.

 

Her skin was terribly cold, an effect from the the rushing night breeze constantly smacking against her body over the front glass of the car Luhan had instructed her to find, she didn’t pay attention to the brand of the car, Taeyeon only knew when she slipped into the driver’s seat and almost hit the engine to life even before she shut the car door close everything came blurry.

 

And the blurriness, as a result, was an effect from the hot tears constantly amassed in her eyes, the wind would dry them, and it started all over again as the salty liquids welled up, dried away, continuing in a cycle. Taeyeon did neither cry nor sob out loud, in all time her teeth seemed embedded into those pale lips with much force they bled under the lights. Her hands on the steering wheels were shivering badly, partially due to the her con weakness but mostly was because of the vigorously suppressing emotions inside her, driving the nails dug deep into the leather cover. But even though she managed to drive along the road in the gloomy darkness.

 

Her mind drifted back to the mansion, the dinner, the coldness in Baekhyun’s face comparable with the same coldness at night, Taeyeon remembered he stood with hands tucked loosely in the pockets, so casual as he announced his departure to a place she’d never gotten a chance to reach, he said it was in two days.

 

     So, she guessed it was a goodbye then.

 

    

He was someone so outstanding, so remarkable his schedule compact, she was just someone who didn’t even want to face the future of succeeding his grandmother’s company. He was so enterprising while she locked herself at the corner of everything. He was a real entrepreneur and she was a craven only knew to evade. Her breath labored, trying hard not to let the tears fell down her cheeks that her whole body was trembling in agony. They were so different from each other, she didn’t deserve him but she couldn’t help, she couldn’t control herself but fell in love with him.

 

Would he remember in this evanescent summer there was once a girl loved him secretly?

 

His voice, his smile, his warmth would all be gone the next day.

 

And, hurt in stifling pain, if she was correct there was nearly no chance they’d see each other again after that. He would be successful with his business overbroad and she, would watch him from afar in her own apartment. Taeyeon couldn’t let herself kept drowning into the thought of it, she turned the car sharply it screeched to a stop along the road. She ran out of the car and slamming the door behind her, standing in the middle of the empty highway. Her hollow gaze expanded into the blend of faint yellow lights and the obscurity of the night, the chilly night wind gushed into her thin clothes, it was cold but her heart was colder.

 

Only then she realized she was alone under the sullen moonlights, a couples of meters away a bar embellished in neon colors plunged into her teary vision, Taeyeon dragged her feet lumbered on the asphalt ground, slowly shambling towards the building. Sadness addled her sensibility, she vaguely recalled Taemin told her that alcohol was the best medicine.

 

Broken music and unkempt counter, once she paid the money she guzzled down a full glass of Vodka immediately as if it could save her life from death, the transparent liquid burned her cavity and pierced its way to the pipe, she coughed, the pungent alcoholic smell choked her sense as she shut her eyes, the tears were squeezed out staining her pale cheeks wet.  

 

She had poor alcohol tolerance, one glass of high-concentration vodka was more than enough to hit her head dizzy. She sniffed, taking the strong odor in as she filled another glass. The constricting pain in her chest mitigated a bit, and in replacement was a more stifling weight of heaviness and emptiness.

 

Why it had to be her? Taeyeon breathed shakily, why it had to be her? She was lonely, and she wanted to see Baekhyun, but he wasn't here for her, because he didn't care.













 

Baekhyun couldn't concentrate on his screen, what Chanyeol had said tugged at his flesh like an sharp anchor.

 

Is it really what he want?

 

Is it right to leave her when she was crying?

 

Frustrated, he shut the laptop, tossing the files away from his sight. The fact Taeyeon was crying pained him. She was sad, but he wasn't the first one who comforted her and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter