CH/2 The Sixth Elite

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

              By the evening, the shades of the night had already casted its way over the last glimpse of the sunlight, the sixth elite had not showed up.

 

              It wasn't really bothering Taeyeon, since she had absorbed enough new things in the past hours of staying. Mr. Jeon had brought her luggage back to the room she was to live in the next two months, and conceivably the architect had irrigated in as much efforts as he did on the exterior design.

 

              The ambient of the room was classy and harmonious, and in the center of the silk bedding Taeyeon was still in her white summer dress, slumping on the soft sheets motionless, as if a decayed noble was waiting for the final sentence by whatsoever the sound that was judging. But she heard none, the room was in dead silence. Millions of thoughts crosses through her mind as she lied, facing the ceiling staring into blank space. She could've done something more productive, yet today was an exception for her usual functioning brain.

 

              Just one or two hours earlier Mrs. Kim had simply waved her off to do whatever she pleased to do, disappeared into somewhere in this enormous mansion working on her upcoming projects . Having no one familiar to converse with, Taeyeon was thrown into complete boredom.

 

              So she somewhat ended up here, killing every minutes by subtle eye movements. Opening, closing, opening, closing, until the lethargy stealthily claimed her consciousness, weighing somnolence down her eyelids, cornering her to the edge of a deep slumber.

 

              A sudden knock from the door kicked her out of the sleep almost instantly, her body twitched and straightened up almost in simultaneity with the ebb of the cutoff, Cautiously turning her way to the door, silence ensued Taeyeon's surrounding once again. Avoiding of being scared twice she got on her feet, body still tensed but pattered between wooden floor and the scarlet-red carpet adroitly, and halted at the door. That was when Taeyeon noticed there wasn't a peephole on it.

 

              Damn the architect. How could she possibly know who was behind the door? If the person who'd came to check was Mrs. Kim, she was so dead for not answering the door this long. What if it was one of the elites? That would be fine as long as it was not Sehun, and it'd better not be Kim Jongin too.

 

              The knock repeated again, louder this time. Taeyeon frustratingly floundered her fingers through her hairs, eventually convinced herself it was not a big deal. Grabbing the handle, Taeyeon flipped the door open while hunching to see whoever it was.

 

              Because the door was supposed to be opened inwardly, but she'd done it outwardly, the piece of furniture hit the person's face followed by an audible whimper of pain. Taeyeon was also shocked by the unanticipated event, quickly tugged the door back, only to see Chanyeol whose hands were covering his forehand, frowned.

 

              She knew she'd done things drastically impolite.

 

              "I am really sorry, I, I wasn't aware of the door and, I'm really, truly, authentically sorry..."Taeyeon stammered at her words, endless of "sorry" was gushing out of .

 

              Chanyeol bitterly smiled, he let his hands down to catch those of hers that were anxiously shaking in the air, trying to explain to show how much it was just an unmindful accident. Honestly he hadn't met a girl who panicked so much just because of that.

             

              "I know it was an careless slip, I wouldn't abhor you because of that little knock, here." He pointed at his forehead, where noticeably a small faint red mark left fresh on the skin. Taeyeon mumbled apologetically before withdrew her hands from Chanyeol's.

 

              "Sorry again. Um, may I ask the reason you're here?"Taeyeon lifted looked up a bit due to Chanyeol's height, almost a head taller compared to her.

 

              "Don't have to be this formal, Taeyeon. Hope we can be friends in the future months, better for both of us, right?"Taeyeon nodded, Chanyeol continued to expounded his visit. "And it's dinner time, shall we go ahead to the dining table?"He said just when Taeyeon found out it was quite late, and her stomach felt hollow.

 

              "I'll follow you."

 

              They crossed corridors and stairs, eventually stopped at the second floor. It wasn't what Taeyeon had thought would be the chamber she had her lunch desserts, this floor's dining hall was much bigger and formal. Around the long dark maple table,  Mrs. Kim and the other four elites were already seated.

 

              "Taeyeon, please sit." Mrs. Kim instructed. Taeyeon skimmed through the table. Prior to her, Chanyeol had taken the seat next to Jongin, and his brother was playfully making faces at her which caused Taeyeon to quiver in disgust. Who knew why she had such a brother. Not wanting to get close to him Taeyeon had to sit next to Sehun, who adorned the mask-like expression since this morning.

 

              "Got your head banged on the wall? Huh?" Jongin teased.

 

              "Nope."Chanyeol unfolded the serviette to put on knees. "The door."

 

              Food on service was a typical set of western meal, Taeyeon recognized it although her cuisine dictionary comprised only the basics. Across from her, the seat placed on the other side of the table was unoccupied. The sixth elite, and the seat reminded Taeyeon he had not appeared till now.

 

              They ate while conversating, most of the time it was Jongin who was speaking, Mrs. Kim, Chanyeol and Luhan replied, whereas herself did not engaged in the scene, next to her Sehun was eating in silence. Mr. Jeon would constantly refilled the empty glass on the table, serving its house's hosts with great civility. Taeyeon wondered what would it be like if she had a family like this.

 

              Family. The word just popped up in her head, the thought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter