Sequel: One Day

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

ONE DAY

 

 

Sequel Part/3

 

So, Taeyeon summarized everything in her mind, she basically shared the night with Baekhyun again, to his great scheme.

 

Smashing her face into the pillow, she let out a cry of frustration and embarrassment, the dark hair male’s “good night sleep” still stuck in her head. Walking out from the room she saw her boyfriend was keeping himself busy in the kitchen. Taeyeon crossed her arms at her chest. Good.

 

While the breakfast was served with some dishes of refrigerator food in quick process, Baekhyun had lifted her to snuggle on his lap while the decision of Lyon trip had been made, nothing grand since Taeyeon asked for none but a perfect time for them to reunite, they chose to spend the rest of the day at Vieux Lyon, a tranquil and antique district in the city.

 

She went inside her room, strapped up a white scarf and her cardigan as she went outside, he was already in his black coat by the door, a light brush of smile on his face, the extended hand intertwined with hers naturally like in habit. It was the first time she felt that just having someone hold your hand could make you feel the luckiest person in the world.

 

They took an open-top tourist bus instead of fancy limousine to the area, Taeyeon pulled out her polaroid, sometimes snapping a few photos at the running streetscape, the old-fashioned shops and the bronze statues enchanted her eyes with great wonder and delight. Baekhyun had one arm on the back of her chair, the corner of lips unknowingly stretched upward, seeing his girlfriend rejoiced in the landscape of the paradise city made him happy.

 

He quietly circled a her waist as he tugged her to him, she leaned her head on his shoulder while checking the little white crop polaroid cards in her hands, she felt him placed a peck on her hair.

 

"Really like here?"

 

She nodded under his chin, then she realized he was smiling too finding out just how much they felt the same on many things, the thought warned her heart.

 

"We can live at here together."

 

Taeyeon looked at him abruptly. He said, he wanted to live together at Lyon.

 

He...

 

"How about the company?" She asked.

 

Against the drizzling sunlights, Baekhyun stared into her eyes with the most promising tenderness.

 

"Nothing is, and will never be more important than you."



 

It was the weekend, the street was unusually crowded with the tourists and meandering people. He never broke their interlaced hands as the crossed every stores, every restaurant and every cafe; the air, as Taeyeon felt, was unusually crisp and musical today. Their date proceeded till late evening, to be honest she actually thought herself was quite running out of ideas of what they should do since she never had such an experience before, it was her first date ever.

 

Baekhyun seemed to understand her apprehension, her girlfriend’s cute nervousness did not escape his eyes, he owed her too much, hours, days, months, and she shouldn’t be the one who worried. Clinging a hand over her shoulder he pulled her closer to his side. “Leave everything to me.”

 

Taeyeon could only complied.

 

Walking few blocks further she carefully tugged his sleeves, Baekhyun turned to her and planted a kiss on her temple, blood instantly rushed on her cheek. “...I’m hungry.” She stuttered, dangling her hair low as she heard him chuckled lightly. Public intimacy, every hard-hit-in-love couple needed to overcome.

 

"Where do you want to eat?" He tucked a strand of her blonde locks behind her ear, different kinds of dining houses were filled along the street of Vieux Lyon, but instinct told him she didn't like those luxurious ones.

 

"You decide." She looked at him and he laughed a bit amusingly while knitting his brows together pretended to think hard. "That...will be a difficult task, since there are many options."

 

Taeyeon could see he was playing with her, staying at the mansion for almost two months she was sure he had a print of explicit memory of her taste in food, so she shrugged, choosing to cooperate with him in his game. "Then what do we do?"

 

Baekhyun shook his head with a smile and suddenly hauled her running down the street hand in hand, a squeak escaped swished out from the girl as they stopped at a Italian dine at the end of the valley. "You didn’t really think I would forget your favorite?" He pulled her into the restaurant, the French waiter found them a table in the corner of the floor.

 

Taeyeon leaned her back on the metallic round chair. "Good for you." He then knocked his index on her forehead softly as if punishing her distrust. "Promise me, you will not doubt me, okay?" She chortled, but finding other meaning behind his words. "Fine, Mr. Byun."

 

The name made the smile on Baekhyun's face slackened a bit. "I like to hear you call me by that nickname."

 

Nickname?

 

Oh. That one.

 

"That was just a slip." Taeyeon said, averting her gaze from his somewhere else to lessen the embarrassment she felt, as her avoiding eyes travelled she spotted a two familiar figures walking towards their direction, and quickly recognized who they were before regretting.

 

Crap.

 

Jessica and Minseok, her friends in university .

 

"Taeyeon! Bonne soirée mon aime! Hey what are you doing here?” And without getting a permission from the petrified girl the two slid into the seats in their table, Jessica next to Taeyeon with Minseok on the other side.

 

All Taeyeon wanted to do right at this moment was to pretend not to know them because as far as she learnt these duo was the genesis of all gossips and rumors.

 

Her hands shakily brought a glass of icy water to her lips and took a small sip.

 

“Who's this?” Minseok pointed at Baekhyun who was not a bit offended by any of these unanticipated intrusion, the calm expression wore on his complexion crept her out.

 

"Oh!" Jessica suddenly exclaimed and gaped at Baekhyun then her friend, a full display of enlightenment. "So he is the long lost brother you were talking about!"

 

Taeyeon nearly choked on the water.

 

"N-no." Wondering how would Jongin's ego be destroyed by this shocking remark. Amid of her rather violent coughs she secretly stole a glance of two at the male sitting across from her and hoped he won't kill her for hiding the truth for this long. From his boring gaze on her that pair of scintillating eyes was somehow written with expectancy; expectancy towards her explanation.

 

Taeyeon gulped.

 

“He...” Both of her friends sent a questioning look towards her. “He’s my...”

 

It literally takes whole ten seconds for her to sputter out.

 

“Boyfriend.”

 

The shrill sound of glass breaking, well it didn’t really happen in reality but the burgeon of another gossip was unmistakably breaking its way to the network of their college student news, and for sure the journalism club would cultivate it with great care.

 

Jaw-dropping fact, because in university despite Taeyeon’s charm and lines of admires and pursuers, herself always asserted that she was single, and now out of nowhere there was this mysterious boyfriend popping out in the public. Minseok and Jessica were gawking, while Baekhyun was, in the obvious, deepening the uncontrollable smile.

 

“You...didn’t you say you don’t want to find a boyfriend?”

 

Taeyeon mentally face-palmed, she meant, she didn’t want to find a boyfriend in the university because she already had one. “That’s not what I mean——”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter