CH/3 Breakfast Crisis

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

              Taeyeon was woken up by the convulsion in her dream, technically speaking it was not really a dream, rather it was comprised of pieces of broken figments from yesterday, and what Sehun had warned her at her door kept echoing in the deepest of her sub-consciousness.

 

              When She checked her phone left under the pillow last night it was merely 4 o'clock in the morning, the thin gauze of curtains let the filmy natural lights from outside peeping through its cover. The room was still dark at this time. Without further wish of sleeping, Taeyeon changed her sleeping gown into casual white button shirt that draped over her upper thighs, and tied her blonde hair into a low ponytail.

 

              Slipping into the black leather shoes taken from the luggage, she opened the door wide enough for her to slide out the chamber, and stepped into the pitch-black corridor. Taeyeon tried her best not to make a noise while closing the door, when it was seamlessly shut her eyes fell on next room. In the gloaming shadow the room was quiet, but unwelcoming nevertheless. Rethinking about the elite's words only bumped up the shivers from head to toes.

 

              How dangerous could he be though? Whatever, negative thoughts ain't healthy for you. Taeyeon shrugged, scurried lightly on the floor of the hallway, the dreadful conception was forgotten as the first peek of faint light from the sunrise illumined the dark wood door by the girl's scrunched unlatched.

 

              Fortunately, Taeyeon actually paid attention on the way yesterday when Sehun was sending her back, it took her short to get to the dining hall. But then she realized a problem, breakfast was not on service, Mr. Jeon apparently was still in dreamland, perhaps she was too early to enable the old butler catch up. Her stomach grumbled currently demanding for food. In the boarding school Taeyeon used to attend everything was require to be done by self, therefore at least she had little experience on cooking, if she'd be able to find the kitchen, she could feed herself up.

 

              Taeyeon tried hard to recall where Mr. Jeon went when he brought the wine up, with no clear direction she could only assume the place was the kitchen.

 

             Left, right? Left to the table next to the candle stand. Taeyeon assessed her location, walking closer to the barely visible room. In a minute her hand touched the cold handle of the room, feeling overjoyed by her finding Taeyeon pushed the door agape, but what greeted her was not what she had expected.

 

              A vintry? Seriously?

 

              "What the hell are you doing here?"

 

              A voice suddenly came just behind her head, Taeyeon reflexively screamed and pushed the person. However the next thing awaited was that her hand was immediately seized by a stronger one even before it landed.

 

              "Ah!"Taeyeon squirmed under the grasp, yet the strength the person owned was terrifying in degree.

 

              "Ya, stop! I'm not a ghost!" The person bellowed.

 

              "Excuse me but I don't believe in ghost..."Her voice was still shaky from the shock. In midst of obscurity she heard him chortled lightly.

 

              "Watch."

 

              And chandelier instantaneously illuminated the dining hall. The blazing light invaded her pupils making her winced. After a few second Taeyeon opened her eyes, and the first thing that came to her view was the devilish face.

 

              Byun Baekhyun?!

 

              Like seeing a deadly virus Taeyeon's first impulse was to break away from him, but Baekhyun didn't let go, the grip on her right hand became tighter.

 

              "Wow, wow, where do you think you're going, Miss Visitor? "Baekhyun smirked, "If you can stay still, I promise I'll take you to the kitchen, how about that?"

 

              That calmed Taeyeon down, after wasting her energy on him she felt drained.

 

              "...Right."She unwillingly uttered, pulling her hand back.

 

              "Why are you this early? Don't you girls always sleep in?"

 

              "General judgment again, Mr. Byun Baekhyun. I'm not one of those 'you girls'." Taeyeon scoffed.

 

              "Can totally see it."Baekhyun chuckled.

 

              He moved across a passage just around the corner of the hall, and path was now leading to another chamber that located at the end of it. That was the real kitchen, where numbers of instruments Taeyeon could not named were stacked neatly in the cupboards near the wall.

 

              Taeyeon headed towards the refrigerator, grimacing uneasily when she saw all the raw food and vegetables looked just fancy enough to stump her in the way. Behind her, Baekhyun was already preparing for the cooking operation while walking directly passed Taeyeon at the freezing machine, taking a pack of bacon without leaving a glance at the girl besides him.

 

              Seeing Taeyeon still not moving, Baekhyun cackled. "I'm not sure staring at the refrigerator will get you anywhere to breakfast."

 

              Expectedly, his words annoyed her. Indeed she was fretting how to cook these things, but seriously couldn't he just shut his mouth? Having no choice, Taeyeon quickly grabbed the toast inside the refrigerator and closed it immediately, the chilly gases coming out of it was freezing her.

 

              Yet witnessing Baekhyun actually cooking was something else that awed her pretty badly. He knew how to cook? Byun Baekhyun the scorn at its most? And Taeyeon had to admit his manner of cooking was quite professional.

 

              But that wasn't a question, with only one butler the people who lived here had to survive in independence. Taeyeon dragged her feet to the table, slumping in the chair before slowly nibbling the toast gravely.

 

              The pain when you had no idea h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter