CH/21 Heartfelt

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

                  Could a single person be so important to replace everything in someone's heart?

 

                  The clock kept on ticking, thin lights from outside penetrated into the white fabric in between the folded dark velvet curtain, casting a distinct section of paleness printed upon the sleeping figure in bed. Taeyeon's fever only worsened since yesterday, the number along the thermometer climbed up measure by measure. Midnight hour, she'd got above 39°C, eyes shut close, body laid lifeless, and as Baekhyun carried the fevered Taeyeon in his arm walking in solemn pace in long and dark hall, back against the dreary lamps, everyone was silent, the interest of the game was long gone.

 

                  It was just a fever, except Taeyeon was too weak the illness had shown much severe effects on her. Anemia, one of the reasons she was stuck in an unwakened nightmare, Baekhyun never known she had anemia yet she never told him. Luhan had convinced him Taeyeon would be fine soon, after all it was just a fever, and under normal circumstances it couldn't really kill anyone

 

                  Could a single person be so important to replace everything in someone's heart?

 

                  Next to her bed, Baekhyun sat emotionless in one chair, for the whole night he was staying beside her, watching her then the thought came to him, could she? Was she the person who replace everything inside of him, his works, the company and all at the moment when Taeyeon fell dead to the ground seemed fadingly insignificant. Did this mean love?

 

                  Memory from last night kept replaying in his head not letting to be erased, the second she fainted, he felt the world was turning dark, the jarring pain in his chest couldn't be relieved by any assurances from medical aspects, Baekhyun feared, even if it was ordinary sickness everyone was to experience, he really did think she left him.

 

                  Baekhyun couldn't sleep last night, or rather, he didn't sleep, he anxiously guarded by her side not willing to let her go, as if one take of absence she would disappear. Holding her soft hand, feeling the scorching temperature seeping from her skin his heart wretched in agony. His eyes bloodshot from lack of sleep, his lips dry from the thirst and his spirit was completely drained, God knew how much he wanted her to just open her eyes, to talk to him, Baekhyun didn't care, even with Taeyeon throwing persiflage at him he would gratefully accepted. But she didn't.

 

                  By the next morning, Taeyeon was still unconscious.

 

                  The knuckles on Baekhyun's hands turned almost white as they clenched onto the arm of the chair. Luhan had kept telling it was fine, but the anxiety in his heart nevertheless burned him. He finally collapsed in the chair, putting one hand over his eyes, he really wanted to release the mixture of stifling pain and frustration inside him, and there was only Taeyeon who could possibly done that to him.

 

                  Exhaling deeply Baekhyun lifted his eyes up again to studied the sleeping person quietly on bed. Taeyeon looked like a unprotected angel, after the ordeal of fever she seemed much more brittle,  breakable, and Baekhyun was hurt to see her like this. He reached one hand to wrap around hers tight like what he had been doing over the night. Her skin wasn't as hot now, he heaved a relieving sigh, and bent over to watch her slightly frowning features.

 

                  Did she have nightmares? Supporting one arm against the soft mattress next to her head, his gaze travelled from her lightly locked eyebrows to her eyes, those long and dark lashes sometimes flapped in unease, to her pursed lips. Did she know he was here all the time?

 

                  Baekhyun scoffed but in an affectionate way, while this troublesome little evil was sleeping so peacefully he was worrying about her to death, and the usual scheming self ran back to him. Baekhyun crooked a brow, leaning down close to her face enough their foreheads touched. How dare she do this to him? Baekhyun pinched her cheeks but soon loosened his action, in the end he still couldn't leave a baleful hand to disturb Taeyeon from her sleep let along with the fact she was sick. Shaking his head, the hand on her cheek softened as he caressed down her sleek skin.

 

                  He couldn't help, shifting his head a bit forward his lips just brushed across her forehead, his fingers away the bangs and her forehead revealed under his vision. And with next move he pecked her forehead. That was for making him fretting all night. A smile crept onto the corner of his mouth, Baekhyun chortled against Taeyeon, he was really tired now.

 

                  Unexpectedly, the person under beneath him stirred. Taeyeon tilted her head sideway and her eyelids flapped few times, she seemed to be awake.

 

                  What was this? Sleeping beauty? So his kiss was the magic, if he'd knew that worked he would kiss her yesterday. Baekhyun pressed back his laughter but couldn't deny he was overjoyed to see Taeyeon started squirming. He withdrew his leaning position, thinking she might have a heart attack since well, after having this pretty nasty fever then finding his face right above him would seriously freak her out.

 

                  Taeyeon rolled in the bed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter