CH/11 Punishment

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

              The summer rain did not stop, it poured out heavy torrent into the forest's trees, covering everything in water and dampness. Their hug didn't break even though they both felt like it was an eternity. Baekhyun gently Taeyeon's head trying to comfort her painful sobs down. After this long search he finally found her. Baekhyun couldn't say what was the feeling inside him that haunted him terribly when he had discovered Taeyeon was lost, but putting all these confusions away, the only thing he wanted to do right now was to wrap Taeyeon in his arms.

 

              Taeyeon was still shaking, her hands clutched tightly to Baekhyun as she buried her head in his already dampened chest. Senses began to return to brain slowly, opening her eyes she found herself in Baekhyun embrace and extremely tired.

 

              "Where's my breakfast?" Her whimpering voice muffled against his black coat.

 

              Baekhyun chuckled, reluctantly ended the hug since they had to get going by now. "I'll make that up for you." He promised. Borrowing the soft lights coming from both of their devices Baekhyun could see Taeyeon's eyes red from crying.

 

              "Okay." She sniffed, her body shivered under the disconnection from his warmth and the rain's cold drops immediately soaked her into an unbearable chilliness. Baekhyun's heart broke at the sight of Taeyeon so fragile in the rain, her thin clothes was wet and pierced, innumerable of little cuts were left fresh on her pristine skin. Without a bit of hesitation, Baekhyun took off his black coat wrapping it around Taeyeon. Taeyeon opened to say something.

 

              Before she could Baekhyun forcefully put his hands on her shoulders and brought them walking towards the entrance of the forest. "You're weak, you need something to wear unless you want to get sick, and I'm fine with this, so don't worry about me."

 

              His tone was firm and authoritative, allowing not a single protest from her. Taeyeon lowered her head and could only oblige to his command, Baekhyun was being stern but nonetheless failed to cover up all the tenderness and caring in his words, she smiled slightly as  they made their way out of the woods. By the time when the first sight of the road plunged into their view Taeyeon knew she was going home. The sports car under the side road's lamp was as wholly wet as they were.

 

              "I hope you don't mind taking the rain-washed car." Baekhyun tilted his side to Taeyeon who just mumbled in fatigue, looking at the miserable thing with great pity. "I hope it doesn't mind taking two wet bundles." Getting into the car, Baekhyun the engine and drove the vehicle rushing onto the road leading back to the mansion.

 

              Apparently even after the crisis had ended Taeyeon seemed not fine. In his peripheral vision Baekhyun saw her pale as wax. "Hey, I'm sorry." He apologized, and her gaze faltered into the dark road ahead. "If I knew it earlier I wouldn't bring you to the forest."

 

              Taeyeon pursed her lips tight, trying to suppress the remerging fear and the suffocating feeling up to . She couldn't speak nor shake her head, afraid that once she did tears would flow again. No one could understand what Taeyeon had gone through during the dreadful hours in the forest, with the engulfing darkness lurking around her like apparition, the world had shunned her out of the door.

 

              "...It's alright." She muttered, trying to avoid through the topic. The rain spilled densely inside the car, splashing droplets on their face and clothes, none of them cared.

 

              "No it's not." Baekhyun's gaze locked at her profile, it was filled with sorrow and self-blame, but more was the anguish seeing her shoving him off, pretending everything was fine when it was not. No longer eyes on the road, Baekhyun turned his body and reached a hand to Taeyeon, she shivered at his touch.

 

              "I don't know how to comfort people, but if you need me I'll try my best to be there."

 

              There was always a trauma after something you dreaded the most happened, it made your heart soft and brittle as if it was made of cotton. When Baekhyun soothing voice ran into Taeyeon, her heart wrenched in both consolation and agony. She didn't reply him yet she nodded, tears glistening under the highway lights, they didn't fall down again that night.

 

 

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨※¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

 

 

              The table was piled up with different plates of delicious relish and some of the most expensive materials for dinner. They all looked appealing but none of the people around it were eating them. Ticking sounds from the huge clock announced it was already 01:30AM, so technically it wasn't even a dinner, rather, a leftover of the leftover.

 

              Mrs. Kim, Jongin, Kris, Luhan, Chanyeol and Sehun sit motionless and utterly quiet as all kinds of expressions hanged on their face. Angry, serious, worried, blank, cold, the table was literally a visual performing display of emotions in dead silence. Right next to their serve, Mr. Jeon, the old butler stood on his spot straight for the whole day.

 

              Since this morning when Chanyeol first found out Taeyeon and Baekhyun's disappearance, the entire mansion seemed direly dead. Mrs. Kim who had expected all the members from the mansion to attend the breakfast realized their absence without permission was right on the boiling point of infuriation. From the breakfast she did not speak a word, yet her grimly solemn face expressed extreme discontent towards their demeanor. The rest of the elites did not dare to mess with her, so as a result the five of them were noiseless.

 

              The rain stormed outside the mansion in howling whirs, shaking the hollow house in slight vibration if it was even perceptible. All the dinner on the table was now cold as ice. Chanyeol was the particularly concerned one of all, and within all his duty he should worry about Taeyeon and Baekhyun's safety.

 

              01:40AM. They still didn't return.

 

              In the midst of their silence conference, the door bell suddenly rang from the bottom floor up to the attic, its ringing by the contrast of the stillness in the mansion and the outside roaring sounded unnaturally clear. Mrs. Kim did not go to the door to check by herself of course. And Jongin, who didn't want the eruption of anger to be actualized, volunteered to open the door for whoever that might be. Quickly sprinting down the stairs by the banister, Jongin leaped to the door, the bell kept on alarming, as if one second it was not unlocked the ring would never stop.

 

              And the door was creaked open.

 

              "HOLY JESUS CRAP!!"

 

              Jongin's scream could be heard from the second floor's dining hall, by the sound Mrs. Kim's face darkened more. Chanyeol carefully suggested. "Mrs. Kim, shall we have a look down stair?" Mrs. Kim nodded, however her temper was not decreasing as she gestured all of them to follow her to the ground floor.

 

              Jongin gaped in horror as two figures stood at the doorway, and they were, as in expectation Baekhyun and Taeyeon. However when he saw them, the two were in a devastating state of condition. Shirts ripped and torn, hairs wet from the wailing rain, severe scars and some blood all over their body. And both of their eyes were in intense fatigue, complexion as white as corpse. He could've say that there were two prehistoric sample humans came for a visit, if plus the dim lights and the midnight background, Jongin's precise description would be: Prehistoric Serial Killers At the Haunted House.

 

              Oh, something was curious. Taeyeon was wearing Baekhyun's coat?

 

              "Where the hell have you guys been?!" He screeched, eyes popping wide.

 

              Baekhyun, who was just not in the mood of talking to the questioner simply tilted his head a bit, motioning Jongin to get off the way. Realizing he blocked the entrance, Jongin apologetically bowed to his Hyung, not forgetting to throw inquisitive glances at Taeyeon. But she was as pissed and tired as her companion, dripping bangs completely covered her eyes, just like Baekhyun.

 

              While Jongin stepped aside, from the corridor came Mrs. Kim and the other elites, even Mr. Jeon the butler. Although Taeyeon was supposed to be scared at the sight of her austere grandmother, she just want to get over with whatever the blames, lectures and all that stuff.

 

              And Mrs. Kim still put on a strict face, but she was sure as well surprised by the horrifying appearance of her grand-daughter and her favorite elite.

 

              "You two," The old lady's voice was shaky from the fury, "Are utterly the disgrace of education. This irresponsible behavior to the mansion and others of yours, deeply disappoints all of my efforts in nurturing you two!" Her condemnation was loud and harsh, it echoed across the ceiling to the every ear in presence.

 

              "And it's such a shame of you two...." Mrs. Kim studied their condition in disbelief, speechless. "Making yourself.... this unpresentable! What did you go? A war?! Have you two been fighting——"

 

              "NO!" Baekhyun and Taeyeon shrieked in unison, startling elites and Mrs. Kim, whose face was almost distorted at their sudden outcry.

 

              "Enough! You two. As for your coordinative punishment, we'll talk about that later after cleaning yourself up!" From the corner of the dressing chamber, Mr. Jeon had brought two towels for the two to dry themselves, but Baekhyun did not take it. Instead, he coldly said.

 

              "We two," Baekhyun circled an arm around Taeyeon's waist, pulling her into his side. Jongin's jaw dropped.

 

              "Need to ing eat."

 

              This time, literally everyone in the room was in pure shock. Jongin couldn't believe what he was seeing, he had to pinch himself to remind that he was not dreaming or anything. Baekhyun actually swore in public in front of Mrs. Kim and all of them? What a miracle. And the intimacy between him and Taeyeon...Where did the Baekhyun who hated interaction with girls go?

 

              And it turned out that the dinner was quite useful for the victims from all-day-long famine. Despite the food was not really edible since all of the them had already lost their freshness and heat, Baekhyun and Taeyeon were too hungry and devoted into devouring as many food as they could to notice the ill-flavor in them, completely ignored the stunned crowd around the table watching in astonishment.

 

              "Did they go to hunger game or something?" Jongin whispered to Kris who only gave him a punch. "Hunger game is not like hunger game, idiot. They must went to Africa." Jongin grunted sarcastically. "Seems legit."

 

              Taeyeon put down the silver fork and knife on the table as she heaved a long and relieving sigh, the fulfilling of her empty stomach felt like heaven for her, and she never knew hunger could be this awful. To be honest, the steak she was previously eating tasted crap. It was cold and all that weird to eat the frozen pepper sauce, seriously gross but better than nothing.

 

              After the food emergency was gone, a piercing pain suddenly penetrated her back when she leaned on the seat, Taeyeon immediately remembered when she stumbled in the forest, her back was severely scraped by one of the logged down trunk. Then the same soreness invaded her legs. Perhaps on the way back to the mansion the pain weren't that intense, but Taeyeon thought now these things were actually starting to hurt as time passed.

 

              Mrs. Kim had taken a seat in her usual spot at the end of the table, she spoke: "Baekhyun and Taeyeon, you two both knew that what you did today was out of the rule. And in my regulation both of you will be receiving punishments." She said while drinking the already cold coffee. "Boys, sit down and let's have a talk about this."

 

              Being called, the elites quickly got into their appointed seat, and some of them such as Jongin and Kris were especially happy about themselves giving punishment to Baekhyun, the boss of the six, literally. Smiling evilly, Jongin sent Baekhyun a vicious look, and later was returned with Baekhyun's glared back.

 

              "So, boys." Mrs. Kim joined both hands together, asking formally like she was in the company. "What do you suggest?"

 

              "Separate Taeyeon from Baekhyun hyung." Sehun coldly proposed, which made Luhan raised an brows in interest. Baekhyun crossed his arms and threw him a disgusted look, scoffing in annoyance. When did the maknae become so active in conversation?

 

              "Ugh-um..." Chanyeol coughed into his fist in front of his mouth, eyeing Sehun in confusion. "This is not really a...punishment, Sehun." However, Sehun didn't reply to Chanyeol's interrogation. But someone as smart as Kim Jongin understood Maknae's scheme.

 

              "Keke...Well, it's a punishment for Baekhyun...Oops." Jongin snickered and tried to shut the laughter off yet failed. Mrs. Kim shook her head in disapproval. "What they have done does not deserve such a small prize."

 

              "How about let them run around the outer-ring mansion of the mansion 10 times?" Taeyeon quivered at Kris's suggestion. She wanted to shout at Baekhyun for promising her that she would not get into trouble after their Escape, seemed like the reality turned against his words.

 

              "I don't think they can complete even one round just by looking how much scars they got, seriously." And indeed Taeyeon and Baekhyun looked pathetic in their currently clothes.

 

              "Let them dance and sing, then." The Chinese-Canadian again raised his hand high in total enjoyment. His second idea pissed Baekhyun off.

 

              "That doesn't really help them to remember the rules though."

 

              "Wash my socks."

 

              "Ew." Taeyeon grimaced, and Jongin cracked so hard he couldn't even stop joking now.

 

              "Silence." And all attention went back to Mrs. Kim, obviously had enough with all the elites screwing around with the privilege they got. "A punishment, that assures they follow orders, rules, and basic courtesy." She paused, gaze fell between Baekhyun and Taeyeon. Taeyeon thought her grandmother was going to declared their final penalty but she didn't.

 

              "Mr. Jeon." Mrs. Kim summoned the old butler at the back of the table for the whole time. Bowing in great politeness, Mr. Jeon waited for the host of the house to proceed her speech.

 

              "Tomorrow, we'll have two more

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter