CH/18 Like?

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                  When Taeyeon stepped into the breakfast hall Baekhyun had already been waiting for an hour or so, he changed his suit from the party to a new shirt like her and was sitting in one of the chairs with his fingers crossed together, the hall was empty, but the table was placed with few desserts she craved to satiate the hunger. Taeyeon took a seat in front of Baekhyun while eyeing him carefully, he was pulling up that smile again, undecipherable yet the secret behind remained. Somehow she thought his facial muscles were forced to that smile.

 

                  "What's the thing you want to tell me?" Taeyeon decisively took the cupcake in the plate, going straight to the point of their morning.

 

                  "You said you don't like desserts." He chuckled, the posture of his fingers stayed motionless, even if it wasn't realistic to her Taeyeon saw his knuckles almost turned white as if something was compelling him, the smile didn't break.

 

                  "That's an excuse to avoid me being choked again."

 

                  Taeyeon nonchalantly replied and when she looked to the flat surface of the table a white piece of paper was laid before her, due to the effect of the morning sunlight she couldn't distinguish the title printed on the sheet. Her eyebrows locked in confusion as she drank the coffee made by the person across from her.

 

                  "What are we really doing here?"

 

                  Baekhyun didn't give her a response instantly, his stare fixed on Taeyeon, and slowly pushed the paper towards her direction. Taeyeon's gaze fell on it, the paper was about her future plan on succeeding her grandmother's company which her family had decided since her existence in this world was known. Her eyelashes flipped shakily, guessing every possibility she was going to face during their talk. But before Taeyeon could ask Baekhyun spoke.

 

                  "This is what Mrs. Kim wants to show you."

 

                  Taeyeon read the paper in silence, from the way she pursed her lips Baekhyun sensed dismay. "Grandma has already made the final?"

 

                  "You'll have to get that from Mrs. Kim face to face."

 

                 "You don't have to worry about this yet, I'm just following Mrs. Kim's will to present you this to make you prepared." He said, knocking his fingers lightly into a irregular rhythm on the table and apparently Taeyeon sensed there was more he wanted to tell her.

 

                  "Your visit here will be abbreviated to one month and fifteen days."

 

                  The formality in his tone stung when it came to Taeyeon's ears, she looked blankly at him, digesting what Baekhyun had announced. One month and fifteen days. If Taeyeon's calculation was accurate her staying at the mansion had already passed about twenty days so far, with this unexpected compression of time it meant nearly half of the dates were gone. Taeyeon looked up to the high window on the wall, she remembered how she had secretly hated the idea of being enclosed in this house, hated her opportunity of abroad vacation was denudated away by her grandmother, hearing this news from Baekhyun's mouth should elate her.

 

                  It should but Taeyeon couldn't quite des

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter