CH/20 Secret Garden

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                   Taeyeon had been spacing out in the bathtub for an hour, or she would say that was a rough appraisal of hers since she wasn't counting every minutes that passed across the room as the water was already cold. She didn't really know why she kept being like this ever since she said she liked Baekhyun as a friend. That day with him helping her practice has gone fine, everything just appeared and carried on as they were supposed to, it was all like a friend-time. But now thinking back Taeyeon saw it quite differently, there was a little acerbity inside her when the moment she claimed her words out.

 

                  I like you as a friend. Nothing really wrong about it, Taeyeon thought, but then the intuition felt in the opposite, everything was wrong, yet she didn't know what was the wrong part her brain alarmed her. All this time when the scene flashed back to her there'd always been a tiny collision of a mixed emotion in her heart. Heaving a sigh she spanked her hands into the foam floating on the cold bath water, sputtering rings of bubbles, now she hated Baekhyun for making her mind messy and perplexed. While she was lying itchiness shocked up from her nose followed by an unexpected sneeze. Taeyeon frowned, the sensitivity to the low temperature sulked around her was instantly awaken from the daze. Being too engrossed in the meditation on her feeling she didn't even noticed how long she had been staying here.

 

                  Quickly got up and wrapped a towel around her damp body Taeyeon slid the bathroom door opened, and without putting clothes on she dropped herself onto the bed, the white fabric of the towel snuggled against her wet skin. Taeyeon's head light, the dizziness must have been the result of the intemperance in showering, or overthinking, but she didn't have the energy to decide which was more factual. Even under the normal room temperature she felt cold, goosebumps were stirring beneath her skin as they tried spread, it wasn't right, Taeyeon closed her eyes, warm breath blown shallowly. She didn't feel right.

 

                  When Taeyeon sank weakly into the huge sofa in the living room it was already after lunch, and shouldering the wooziness she could only sit there, watching Chanyeol and Jongin hit each other with tableware all over the room, the cacophony was sure heard by from top floor to the bottom. Taeyeon rested her head on the cushion, suspecting that she might have just got a cold from this morning's bath, and talking about the murderer of her health she turned her head to Baekhyun who was typing busily on his laptop in his usual white shirt, the top three buttons were unfastened as part of his toned chest was exposed in sight. Taeyeon looked away, her eyelids flopped down. The light-headed feeling didn't go away, they better don't tell her it was a fever because fever was one of the worst nightmares she underwent, it was an experience in resemblance with her limbs being amputated by pain, perhaps fever was never a big deal for normal people but it was her for her. Taeyeon was weak, every time sickness could sensationally kill her.

 

                  "Stop it, Jongin, you think you can hide from me? Get your over here and let me teach you how to respect your hyung!" Chanyeol leaped to Jongin pulling on his collar, Jongin wrestled under his grip and brandished the spoon in his hand like a cowboy rope. "What a slow runner."

 

                  "Screw you Park Yoda! Who said I can't run from you, give me thirty seconds I can make myself forever disappear!" Jongin gave a kick on Chanyeol's knee.

 

                  "Disappear? Can you stop joking for one day." A serviette was thrown to Jongin's face, he tossed it and dodged one lunge of folk from Chanyeol.

 

                  "Hiding is my knack. Bet you can't find me."

 

                  "Oh really?" Chanyeol mocked.

 

                  "Wanna try——"

 

                  Baekhyun suddenly shut his laptop as he glared at the two in a funny tangled position. Taeyeon was also aware of the situation.

 

                  "Can you guys just shut up and move your asses somewhere playing hide and seek?"

 

                  They remained quiet for a while before Jongin beamed and abandoned the tableware weapon to the carpet floor, snapping his finger in the air as if something brilliant was generated from his brain. "Hide and seek, Baekhyun hyung, you're a genius. Let's play hide and seek, how about that?"

 

                  Baekhyun didn't reply him but clearly he had no wish to join the childish game. He put his laptop aside and crossed his arms that had sleeves rolled up to elbows. And switching from a moment of relaxing he shifted his attention to Taeyeon on the right side. She didn't realize he was staring, and today she looked extra pale and fragile with her hairs down. Sighing, Baekhyun didn't know if he really did surprised her by that question they both didn't really want to talk about, maybe she was offended and decided not to approach him, Taeyeon hadn't look or converse with him since they'd been here. He wanted to get closer to her yet he couldn't, what if she thought him as a freak? He admitted, yes, he didn't ing care about all the people's opinions but hers, he only cared about what Taeyeon thought of him after he couldn't deny the truly alive feeling for the girl.

 

                  Baekhyun knew, from the way Taeyeon behaved around him that she hadn't gone through a serious relationship, and sadly neither had he. Sometimes he saw little tinges of affection and fluster in her eyes, they were denoting him that there was a possibility of her felt the same way that at no time would bask his heart in effervescence. But it was who he loved that broke him. Baekhyun couldn't get over with what Taeyeon had said, she liked him as a friend. Her words is like knife, leaving a fresh scar in his heart, bleeding.

 

                  His friend would laugh at him stressing over a girl, it wasn't like him in the past, perhaps like could change people in an unimaginable way.

 

                  And thanks to Jongin's ardent passion of childish game he succeeded in gathering all the people in the living room.

 

                  "Anyway we're all bored and since me and Yoda have a bet, let's play hide and seek in the garden." Jongin said. The girls frowned.

 

                  "What bet?" Hyoyeon asked. Jongin pointed a finger at Chanyeol who just scoffed. "Yoda thinks I can't hide from him."

 

                  "Sounds fun, I haven't play hide and seek for centuries, and you mean the garden? Not sure if I can manage to remember the directions." A sly grin plastered on Taemin's face as he continued. "Well let's make it more fun."

 

                  "Adding punishment?" Taeyeon suddenly spoke, which instantly caught Baekhyun's attention, seemed like his angel was interested.

 

                  "Why not." Chanyeol clapped his hands together. "Let's say we all join, whoever is first being found have to do one thing the seeker asks to." And the acridness in his tone was obviously targeting Jongin. But the white hair guy wasn't intimidated at all.

 

                  "And whoever is founded last, can request one thing for the seeker to do. No time limitation."

 

                  "No time limitation?" Taeyeon looked much apprehensive, yet she wanted to join, and artless as she thought fresh air outside could subdue the slight headache, and perhaps this was the only chance to slip away from Baekhyun.

 

                  "Yes, that's right, how about no fixed hiding location, hiders are free to move around?" Everyone was in accord with the suggestion.

 

                  "Hyung, wanna play?" Jongin smacked Baekhyun's shoulder earning an annoyed look from the latter. He agreed, nevertheless, how could he miss being with the person he liked even if they might not see each other for the rest of the day?

 

                  "I'm in."

                 

                  Taken down by surprise, Taeyeon spun her head looking askant at Baekhyun. She could never conceive him playing hide and seek in any aspect, while her questioning gaze accidentally met his in midair. Flinching, as she would describe when she saw the look in his dark pupils, she didn't know if it was hallucination but th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter