CH/8 Partner In Crime

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

              Until the deafening shrill from the alarm clock that who knew when it was placed next to her bed literally shook the whole third floor trembling, literally, that was the moment Taeyeon understood what Baekhyun had meant by "go to sleep" that early yesterday. She wanted to scream, the endless ringing noise was gifting an rare headache she hadn't really been getting lately. Slamming the button of the alarm clock harshly almost spanking it to the floor, peace finally took its existence in Taeyeon's room, not in her mind yet, she checked the time on the alarm belonged to a certain person, 3:58 am. Baekhyun could've just informed her to get up early instead of simulating an earthquake in her room, except it was in an acoustic form.

 

              Experiencing both extensive irritation and tiredness, Taeyeon rummaged through the wooden stand besides her bed to find her cup since the anger boiled inside her made her quite thirsty. Her fingers discordantly glided across the cold surface, then touched something felt like a paper. Opening her eyes she found a yellow stick-note in her hand. With no second thought Taeyeon knew it must be Byun Baekhyun's property. She unfolded the stick-note and read the paper, the message was written in style:

 

                     Dear Taeyeon,

                                   You're now in the Escape. Please do not waste your time

                     worrying about breakfast, since I had already made it into today's

                      plan, but please do spent some time getting yourself into a proper,

                     comfortable outfit. When you're done, be sure not to make noise while

                      leaving your room, do not come to my room because I will not be there,

                     and you might as well scoff at the silence part, but the third floor is

                      equipped with topmost soundproof material, so all the alarming performance

                      is reserved only for you.

                                   For your safety, do not come to the front door of the mansion. The

                      following routine is for you oblige to take: South staircase to the living hall,

                     pass the recreation room to the reading chamber, go around the painting of

                     English suburban, 17 century. The Escape will start at 4:10 AM.

                                                                                                                                     

                                                                                                                                                    Byun Baekhyun

 

 

              Taeyeon inhaled deeply trying to suppress the compulsion to tear apart this piece of paper fraught with demanding fluency. As long as she could still bear it she wouldn't let herself lost in temper just because of this, human stupidity of Byun Baekhyun. Quickly got off the cover of the bed, Taeyeon rushed towards the bathroom to get change, while dashing she swung the wardrobe open to get a white long-sleeve loose top, black skinny legging and pairs of dark converse shoes. Washing face and brushing her teeth, Taeyeon estimated there was only about 10 minutes left for her to get to the destination Baekhyun assigned. Why did she suddenly feel like one of those days in middle school, getting late and running your life out of the guts to get it on time.

 

              She took a hair band with her but did not tie her messy blonde hair simply because there was just not enough time. When she passed her bed the clock said 4:01AM. Nine minutes remained. Taking the handle by the slightest force Taeyeon opened the door, got out and closed it as fast and quiet as her ability allowed her to. But rethought the note, if the whole floor was soundproof why the heck was she doing this? Okay, she was once again trolled by Baekhyun.

 

              The long corridor like the other day was murky and blinded by darkness, as she scampering in great velocity Taeyeon found just how curious every time she passed the hall was this dark. Down to the South staircase leading to the second floor, Taeyeon saw the living hall, it kind of crept her out since such a high capacity space was devoid of human lives. Her eyes flitting across the large hall, searching for the recreation room. Nearly without stopping, her feet was on the run again, crossing another passageway Taeyeon found the reading chamber and went around the wall where the famous painting painted by some dead guys was hung.

 

              Next Taeyeon was puzzled. Baekhyun wasn't on the back of the secret wall, he wasn't there. In front of Taeyeon, a single translucent-glass window greeted her confused expression. What was she supposed to do, how was this gonna work? Taeyeon's brows locked in contemplation, trying to think what's the unfinished part of Baekhyun's instruction but no thought came to her mind. The Escape was about to start in less than 3 minutes. Off from wasting more time Taeyeon rushed towards the window and slide the glass up, her torso half outside of the opening casement and looked downward, her instinct was right.

 

              Two floors away from where Taeyeon was standing, Baekhyun was in the black long coat he wore at their first meeting, and a button-down white collar shirt. There was a polished black opened-top sports car on the mansion's ground path, and Baekhyun, half leaning against the black fashion leisurely, was staring up at Taeyeon as well, his pupils sparked in expectancy. From the side view the morning sky was mixed with pastel gray and faint sunlight, by the background of the dawn's washing the mansion illuminated, she was up there, and he was down there, their gazes met in midair.

 

              However everything was not as poetic as it seemed, because Taeyeon did not have time to appreciate any of those vogue.

             

              "I'll kill you Byun Baekhyun!" She threatened in a huffing whisper.

 

              Baekhyun who was not so threatened couldn't help but laughed softly, which got Taeyeon urging to shush. "Are you insane? Stay quiet otherwise we'll get caught!"

 

              "No, we're not, you're earlier than I thought, I'm impressed." Waving his Audemars Piguet watch bound to his wrist Baekhyun dramatically did an surprising face. Taeyeon rolled her eyes in annoyance and momentarily realized a problem that was going to hurt her guts.

 

              "How am I supposed to get on the ground?" Taeyeon asked nervously, even though the answer and the only solution to this had already haunted her.

 

              Baekhyun did not give her reply right away but smiled at Taeyeon like he'd been doing since she opened the window this morning. His body disconnected from the little rest against the burnished black car door, walking a few steps Baekhyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter