CH/12 Butler Day

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

              She sneezed.

 

              But it wasn't due to the coldness because even in her sleep Taeyeon felt warm, the annoying itchiness was mobilizing from her nose. Isn't it weird, she thought still soundly closing her eyes, why would she sneeze when everything was just so comfortable and pleasant, the fabric that spread beneath her body was soft as plume, the material enveloped over her torso smell heavenly refreshing, and the warmth exerted on her back melted her relaxing into the paradise land of sub-consciousness.

 

              Nothing could go wrong when things were this perfect.

 

              Nothing, indeed, only when you were in sleep.

 

              Until the second blow hit Taeyeon, the peace of sleep was ultimately disrupted. Lifting her eyelids up the objects around her began to visualize in clear shapes and forms. Did she get a cold or something because it was really irritating that she kept sneezing.

 

              Taeyeon frowned while shutting her eyes again trying to go back to sleep, she rolled her body entirely to the left and switched to a cozy position. Yet she felt empty. Oh, where did the plushie go? She'd always hug the plushie whenever she was in bed. Today, it was absent in her arms. Weird. It might be on the bed somewhere. Fumbling her hand random under the cover, Taeyeon wished the plushie could just appear in her palm when she touched something else.

 

             Not soft, but something firm and bony, also quite thin in numbers. A solid object, or objects. Instinctually, Taeyeon reached her hand further to identify what it was. However before she did her wrist was suddenly caught by the thing.

 

              Taeyeon wiggled her hand trying to release from the thing on her wrist only to get it clamped tighter. But it actually felt quite fine, the temperature it produced clung warmly to her. Nice thing. Must be a good thing.

 

              And the good thing she touched pulled her across the mattress as Taeyeon was being slid to the other side of the bed falling into something warmer.

 

              Wait! Something was pulling her with force? Did such a possibility exist in her room? Taeyeon's eyes swung open after the oddity finding a compacted surface in white shirt. She looked down to see her wrist, it was restrained by a hand.

 

              Wait wait wait, there was another person in her bed?! Taeyeon bristled up and looking around the room, discovering how ridiculous she was.

 

              It wasn't even her bed.

 

              Now all the sleepiness was completely wiped away by the shocking realization. Due to the jerking movement of her body Taeyeon's head hurt a bit, but most of the uneasiness came from her back. And drawing a cold breath the memory from last night reversed back in a flooding current.

 

              She fell in sleep in Baekhyun's bed. And Baekhyun was sleeping next to her.

 

              Using her free hand to cover , Taeyeon tried to not scream. The first thing she checked was her clothes. Last night's clothes, intactly untouched. Good.

 

              Her head then spun to look at Baekhyun, and coincidentally ran into the already opened dark pupils, he was awake. Taeyeon wanted to kill herself for making such a botch and she was sure her face was either extremely red as blood, or extremely pale as chalk. And being petrified right there unable to speak, Taeyeon didn't even notice Baekhyun's hand was still on her wrist.

 

              "Good morning to you." Baekhyun lazily flipped his bang, molding his face to the pillow like he'd never had such a good sleep in forever, technically it was true, with Taeyeon on his bed Baekhyun was asleep right after the light turn off.

 

              "Did I sleep here?"

 

              "Yes."

 

              "Then there's some explanation you need to do." Judging from everything nothing had happened, but Taeyeon was still appalled by the fact she was sleeping in the same bed as Baekhyun, and on this kind of topic she'd better make it more serious than usual. "Shouldn't I be in my own room?"

 

              "You fell asleep on me last night."

 

              "I know, it was my fault but aren't you supposed to send me back?"

 

              "I fell asleep as well just after you did."

 

              "... ..." Taeyeon shook her head in disbelief, how could such a thing happened to her. If that was an excuse Baekhyun made up she couldn't retort because well, who was capable of doing that when themselves were in dreamland?

 

              "Fine, however this thing only stays here."

 

              Baekhyun raised a brow as he pulled Taeyeon down by the wrist to the bed. "You think this is scandalous?"

 

              "Do you think it is not?" She questioned him back, keeping her composure as much as possible. It was a necessity to stop having those sorts of contact with Baekhyun now, she might know him little yet she understood it was virtually dangerous to approach someone like him, although she admitted she was quite attached to his presence since then, but circumstances were going to the wrong direction.

 

              He didn't reply her interrogation, instead Baekhyun just smirked slightly while loosening the grip on her making it easier for Taeyeon to retract her hand.

 

              Someone knocked.

 

              For an instant, they both shifted their attention to the door, the new comer to the situation was insistent as he continuously tried to alert the people inside. Baekhyun and Taeyeon exchanged an interesting look and together got of the bed to see who it might be. However through eye contact, their assumptions seemed to be exactly the same. Must be Mr. Jeon.

 

              It was Taeyeon who opened the door, but when the door was only ajar a loud call was shouted behind it.

 

              "Baekhyun hyung——"

 

              Too late, she had already pulled the door fully and Taeyeon soon realized it might be one of the worse mistakes she'd ever made.

 

              Three pairs of eyes gaping at each other in turns as Baekhyun, Taeyeon, and the intruder Kim Jongin just froze on their spot, obviously not expecting any of this scene. Taeyeon was not expecting her brother, Baekhyun was not expecting Jongin, Jongin was not expecting to find Taeyeon in Baekhyun's room.

 

              "Ugh..." Apparently surprised by the event, Jongin hung his mouth agape couldn't speak or act. By the door way Taeyeon was as well experiencing the second shock of today, if her brother knew this, the whole deal of keeping it as a secret would just wrecked it no time. While Baekhyun just coldly stared at the interloper for ruining everything.

 

              "Why are you here?" Baekhyun asked.

 

              "I'm..." Jongin stuttered, actually he got up especially early this time to come and mock at his hyung for the celebrating him being a butler, well he couldn't tell him now if he wanted to save his precious life.

 

              "I was um...helping Mr. Jeon to...wake you guys up and..." Unable to further hide his curiosity Jongin finally blurted out the question in his mind.

 

              "Why the heck is my sister in your room?"

 

              Now it was Taeyeon and Baekhyun's time to become speechless. Taeyeon tried hard to craft an excuse for the situation. Maybe because she was up earlier as well to call Baekhyun? Or because she left some things at his room last night? But before she could made something trustworthy up Jongin had noticed the bed, the creasing marks on the mattress were divided in dual.

 

              "Something happened there?" Jongin started to snicker, the Kim Jongin who always became so fearless when it came to gossips.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

             "Nothing happened." Baekhyun coldly said as he stepped forward in front of Taeyeon. "Now, if you can shut your mouth and leave the room, every soul in the house will be in peace. Understood?" The implied malice in his tone that made Taeyeon shivered.

 

              "Alright hyung, so see you and Taeyeon later." Jongin whistled. His teasing never disappeared.

 

              Shortly after Jongin's leave the real organizer of their punishment day, Mr. Jeon, had really came to take them downstair to the butler chamber, except when he was here Taeyeon and Baekhyun had resumed to their respective room, they didn't want another person to unearth the so-called scandal, precisely to Taeyeon, while Baekhyun just cooperated with her to hide the secret he didn't want to hide.

 

              The butler chamber was simply furnished with collections of sofas, chairs, desk, a table and a dressing room. Mr. Jeon gestured the two to stand and began the instruction of the day.

 

              "As a butler, you need to, and are obliged to follow the will of your host, in Mr. Byun and Miss Taeyeon's case would be all of the elites and Mrs. Kim. Your purpose is to serve them with great attention and perform the best service possible. You should understand that today's training would assist you in behaving according to principles and rules. For I am the personal butler for Mrs. Kim so I will not be around to supervise you two."

 

              Baekhyun smirked. "Less a trouble."

 

              Mr. Jeon only spared him a dismissive glance.

 

              "Secondly, you're not supposed to converse with your hosts initiatively, the only job besides completing their request is listening. You're not allowed to talk to your colleague butler as well, we don't want unnecessary voices to disturb hosts' mood, so, Mr. Byun and Miss Taeyeon, please have your conversation of any sorts delayed after today. "

             

              The order was passed with or without their agreement, Taeyeon, who didn't need more problems on the way compliantly accepted the action that didn't really seemed to matter, she wasn't a person who belonged to garrulous-in-public category, even if the rule banned her privilege of talking for the whole week it was still manageable.

 

              While Baekhyun was deep in disgruntlement towards not talking to Taeyeon for the whole day, the fundamental purpose of this punishment was originally to create more occasions for him to be with her, but now the basis was deprived, Baekhyun wasn't sure if he could bear with it. Grunting in frustration, he slumped onto the violet-velvet sofa and mumbled something neither Taeyeon nor Mr. Jeon could hear.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter