CH/25 Goodbye

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Piercing headache.

 

Then was the overwhelming soreness ran down her whole body, the pain in her head was drumming at her nerves making her sick all over, Taeyeon struggled to open her eyes as she squirmed in the bed, feeling weightless under the soft cover, the brightness in the room was blazing. Pushing, her elbows propped against the mattress but as soon as her body was half on its way the headache struck her weak she fell down again. Taeyeon groaned, before she fluttered her eyes fully open she was pulled into a familiar warmth.

 

"You're awake?"

 

Baekhyun's voice rumbled besides her ears, Taeyeon turned her head upwards to see him smiling blandly at her, he seemed have gotten up long time ago, sitting on the edge of the bed while cuddling her shoulders in his arms. And all of a sudden different thoughts clashed in her mind.

 

Why is he here?

 

She's happy to see him.

 

Why is he on the bed?

 

She doesn't want to leave his embrace.

 

And after all the mixture of questions Taeyeon remained silent and could only stare back at him stiffly. Her gaze travelled from his soothing eyes to his nose and to his lips, those features she missed the most, but faintly she somehow remembered she had seen him last night. Memory suddenly flooded back to Taeyeon as her pupils zoomed out in surprise from the recollection.

 

She remembered she drove Luhan's car somewhere along the road.

 

A bar.

 

And she got drunk. And...

 

And there was nothing more left in her brain no matter how hard she tried to think while fixing her eyes on Baekhyun, he didn’t seem to be bothered by her inspecting glance. Oh Right! They were in a fight yesterday, sort of a fight, she wanted to avoid him and he somehow acted extremely cold towards her, but what the hell was going on right now? His look were fraught with gentleness at her almost melting all of her agony away, this sudden change of attitude, did it mean——

 

    “What happened last night?” She uttered bluntly, only received his a little chuckle as he pulled her up against his chest, the soft texture of his white shirt engulfed around her back in a sleeping gown.

 

     “Do you mind if something happen?”

 

     Taeyeon looked weirdly at him and promptly had a bad presage upon his words, what did he mean by “something”, did something actually happen last night.

 

     Wait.

 

     She did remember something, broken pieces of vague scenes from her drive last night, she got drunk and after she was dragged out of the bar, Baekhyun’s worrying face came into the view, and——What did she say?! Did she tell him that she——Her cheek burned rosy pink at the memory and felt utterly embarrassed, Taeyeon mentally cursed herself for the thoughtless decision of getting drunk, some stupid stuff she’d do such as unloading all her inner confession to him.

 

     Pressure weighed down on her right shoulder, she felt Baekhyun rested his chin on her shoulder and asked softly close to her face.

 

     “Tell me,” his arms tightened, “Why are you avoiding me?”

 

     His question made her gulped, there was no way she could evade anymore. Why was she avoiding him? Wrong time, wrong place, it was because she was afraid of losing so she rejected having.

 

    “Do you think my feeling for you is only a show?” He asked, she was unsure.

 

“I don’t know.” Taeyeon heard him sighed behind her, frustration filled his tone but only enveloped her more tightly into him. “I know what you’re afraid of. Do you think I cannot give you what you want?”

 

“I...”

 

“Don’t say you don’t know.” He cut her off.

 

“I’m leaving in a few days.” She stated, trying to sound as calm as possible but the warbles in her voice betrayed her.

 

“You’re avoiding again. Can you face your feelings? Em?” Although it was an interrogative remark but Baekhyun was very soft because she was scared, she was uncertain and it took time for her to come to an acceptance. However opposed to his expectation  Taeyeon surprisingly didn’t stay still, instead, she turned and looked at him, imitating what he had done previously as she put her arms around him. Her head against his shoulder.

 

“I’m, selfish, right?” Her whisper hung low, Baekhyun’s brows furrowed while a hand on her back. “I befriend avoidance, I prefer everything keeps satisfying and normal instead of taking risk, if something bad yet is good is coming in my life I’d choose it never happen for once. I went close to you, I pushed you away because I was indefinite, and then I went along with my feeling but there’s always a ‘what if’, so I pushed you away again.” She moved herself away from him now that became face to face.

 

“I’m going to tell you this, this is what I’m thinking, I’d plead you not to go to Paris making you stay here with me, I’m going to spend the rest of my visits with you and fulfill everything unfulfilled, till the day I leave, you don’t exist in my life anymore, I’d forget about you and I’d shut this down completely.”

 

“You have a very superior business sense.”

 

She glanced at him nervously. “It’s not a joke.”

 

“Then I’d let you.” He said, looking firmly into her eyes showing no abomination or spite towards her heartless words. “And I’m going to tell you this, I’m selfish too. I will let you do whatever you want because you captured me and because I’m in love with you, but I will make you want to stay with me forever during these days. And I’m also sorry if that’s what you want it to be, but after you graduate from college I will find you by however means and lock you by my side. ”

 

Taeyeon blinked at him in disbelief, this was supposed to be her turn to counterattack him but the situation seemed to be reversing, he was supposed to dislike her but his possessiveness was out of the scope. She gaped at him, mouth agape not knowing how to reply his words. He’s going to find her after she left? He’s in love with her?! Baekhyun folded his arms in the front and cocked a brow enjoying her pretty much of a flabberghasted face.

 

“Lock me by your side...That’s really selfish of you.”

 

“I am only selfish when it comes to things I love.” He said as a matter of factly, now sneaking a hand behind her back landing on the mattress as he furtively rose from the sitting place without her awareness.

 

“I don’t want an over-possessive boyfriend.” Taeyeon muttered in a low voice but even though Baekhyun could catch it right on the spot, and took the chance when she looked to the side he slowly lurched forwards with a huge smile plastered on his face, in a split of second he had already pushed her down to the mattress while him on the top, Taeyeon yelped under him.

 

"So you consider me as your boyfriend?" He smirked, tilting his head sideway showing his fair forehead, the dark hair slightly whisked her skin.

 

"Get off." Yet Baekhyun only ignored her flustered complaint as he inched forwards towards her lips while pressing a chuckle.

 

"Am I your boyfriend?"

 

"Stop." Taeyeon braced both hands against his downing chest in efforts to push his body away from bei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter