CH/7 Escape

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

              An irrationalized anger infused into Baekhyun's chest, it wasn't exactly the scene he'd like to see when he took early this time to the dinner table, with Taeyeon walked in a strolling pace from the entrance next to the company from Luhan. All of his previous smooth, nice mood was deflated in his seat as Baekhyun coldly watched the two roamed to table together, taking the seats consecutively and becoming the center of attention.

 

              The feeling he got was to him indeed unreasonable, he just really got fed up with this but it wasn't as far as jealousy. Baekhyun irritatingly scrunched his lips, now the palatable taste of wine was overpowered by cremating bile and emptiness. Well, at least Taeyeon attended the dinner as he had told her to yesterday which functioned a microscopic effect on quenching his inclement temper. Still Baekhyun was ungratified.

 

              Ceasing eating due to the loss of appetite, Baekhyun rested his head askew against one of his hands on the armchair, looking straight on Taeyeon who had been since the first day sitting across from his place. She must have feel his stare because shortly she lifted her head from the dining position and found Baekhyun's eyes boring holes in her. Taeyeon flinched slightly, Baekhyun narrowed his dark pupils. Was she that afraid of him, like she needed to have a shower of shivers before everything about him? The thought only worsened the inclement weather inside Baekhyun.

 

              He skimmed through the table, Mrs. Kim talking to Chanyeol and Jongin, Kris devouring his chickens, Sehun's face stoic like it'd never change since birth, and Luhan helping Taeyeon to fill her glass. It really pissed him even more since when did Luhan become so ardent at serving our Visitor here, but Baekhyun didn't know it was simply an act of courtesy on the table, Taeyeon and Luhan were even in a pretty bad term together this afternoon. He snorted cursing, this little thing wasn't going to disturb his day, or days.

 

              Chair was being pushed backward by a screeching friction scraping between the chair and the wooden floor, Baekhyun stood up ignoring all these weird looks they sent him. Without glancing at the people at the table, he strode out of the room to the third floor.

 

             Taeyeon was aware of the happening of Baekhyun's abrupt excuse from the event. Somehow she felt like this was turning into a procedural drill for him to do every night, always leaving the table early like the others were not in his concern, like he had other greater plans for himself than stay here having some sort of "friendly" conversations. Of the corner in her vision the door wasn't even closed, Taeyeon shrugged silently, after hearing the synopsis on his personal past and general nature, this wasn't something aberrant for Baekhyun to do. Perhaps he's busy with his works or projects. And she was quite right, the project was her.

 

              Tonight's dinner was unusually long and was filled with questions pointed to Taeyeon, her life during childhood, high school, interests and all the triviality a person could think of on the first day of introduction, seemed like it was delayed two days later. With a final finish up of desserts the dinner had eventually come to an end. Rising herself from the chair Taeyeon felt numbness breeding inside her legs, a consequence of sitting throughout the entire evening. Ticks from the antique clock told her the time had passes 9:30 pm quite a long way ago, Chanyeol had suggested to bring Taeyeon back to her room but was quickly declined, she already had the map in her head the way to her room, so in the moonlight-lit hall, there was only one slender shadow of a girl moving to the third floor chambers.

 

              Rubbing her eyes gently tiredness slowly mounted on the eyelids, Taeyeon yawned in fatigue, half watching her way to the room and opened the door.

 

              "What took you so long?"

 

              A male voice was speaking, however Taeyeon was too sleepy to even realize it was not some tricks from her imagination. Absentmindedly shut the door, Taeyeon dragged her feet into the chamber towards the washroom but the drowsiness was instantly hit off when she was sure she heard a loud yell.

 

              "Kim Taeyeon!"

 

              Taeyeon immediately recognized the voice as she swung her body to the source of the sound. Near the lamp stand next to the shelf, Baekhyun was leaning on his back against the divan, arms folded and legs crossed, eyes setting on fire. Not being able to react to the situation, Taeyeon only froze there, and when she was back to the sens

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter