12. COWARD

Dating a gangster?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
COWARD

 

It's been now a week since the conflict between Dara and GD. Jiyong and his gang were not going to school anymore as she and her best friends continued to live their life like they always do. They were simply trying to ignored each other as much of possible. 


--


"Where are you, GD?" Taeyang directly asked him as soon as he answered his phone call. He was not in his apartment when he knocked.

 

"Just driving around" GD nonchalantly responded, leaning to his car.

 

"It's freaking 3 in the morning, man" His friend sighed, he felt the urge to ask even if he knew where he was "Are you checking on her again?"

 

He didn't answer and just kept his eyes at a certain window, the light still . 

 

"We already send men, G" Taeyang rubbed his forehead, he can be so hard-minded sometimes "Dara is safe"

 

"I know" He exhaled softly, no matter how hard he tried to sleep, his mind was filled with worry for her safety "Have you not found Xian Li yet ?"

 

"Unfortunately no" Taeyang replied "It seems that this b*stard know how to hide well"

 

"Hm" GD bit his lower lips as he saw the reflection of her body leaning to her balcony. She was looking straight into the night sky, glowing to the light of the moon, only wearing her silk nightgown. She was too beautiful, too beautiful for him to be reach. Even living at the top floor, he managed to have a sight of her parking in the building in front of her hotel.

 

"Why don't you just talk to her?" Taeyang spoke again after a long silence. He was getting frustrated watching his best friend being so distracted these days.

 

"She might not want to see me" He mumbled. After being rash to her last week, she surely didn't want to see his face and he understood that. She have all the rights to do it.

 

"What are you going to do then?" 

 

"Nothing" Jiyong shook his head, his mind was blank maybe because of lack of sleep "I'm just going to guard her from a far until we caught that assh*le" 

 

"What if we caught him?" Taeyang asked in return, not understand why he put so much effort in her. Didn't he said that it was all just for fun?

 

"I'll disappear from her life as soon as I know that she is safe" He stated, getting out a cigarette from his pocket. His eyes were never leaving the slim figure of Dara as he lighted up the stick and put it between his lips.

 

"Is that what you want?" 

 

"Yes" GD inhaled the nicotine of his cig then exhaled the grey smoke from his mouth, obviously lying to his friend. His conscious was saying to let her go way from him as his heart and mind was telling to keep being by her side "How's the other girls ?"

 

Taeyang knew that he was lying since he changed the subject almost immediately "Seungri just texted an hour ago to tell me that there was no news with CL, same for Daesung with Minzy and for hyung too with Bom"

 

"Good" He nodded to his sentence, he was somehow relieved that the girls was 24/7 monitored, and were safe.

 

"I'm going to sleep now" Taeyang sighed for the ninth time of the night "Don't tired yourself too much, man" He suggested before hanging up.

 

GD chuckled slightly to his last sentence. Without having to admit it, he missed her, her soft hand touching his skin, her big and round eyes looking at him and her warmth. It drove him insane each time that her picture came into his head, the urge to see her was to strong to be defeat. 

 

It was his first time wanting to protected someone a part from his family, to be this attracted and to care for a girl. He didn't know what this feeling was, but it was pleasant and painful at the same time. As much as he wanted to be by her side, he could only watch her from a far because it was the best for her, for him and for them. 

 

:::


"You know what" She spatted at him as she heard her friends calling her in disbelief "The only thing that you can do after all is escaping"


:::

 

Jiyong sighed, letting out the smoke of nicotine from his mouth. Her sentence hit him right on his gut, and it was more painful because it was the truth.

 

"ing truth" He muttered before taking a last breath of his stick then threw it to the floor to step on it. 

 

He is indeed a coward.

 

And with that, GD looked up for the last time and flinched a little when his eyes locked with her. He pressed his lips together in a straight line before turning his back to her, finally driving away.


--

 

Dara in the mean time, was embracing her body from the cold wind coming from her open balcony. She was unable to sleep for a while now, even with Tam-Tam by her side, it was no use. She ended being awake all nights and have only 3-4 hours of sleep.

 

Her mind was occupied by something, or someone. She would lie if she would said that it wasn't about Jiyong. The handsome yet dangerous man. She was still upset by his insult but she cannot help but to think about him, his face was always lingering in her head every single minutes. Maybe he put a curse on her, or worse he was haunting her? It can explain a lot of things if it would be the case. 

 

"What I am saying seriously ?" She shook her head brutally.

 

But in reality, she wasn't that upset for his comment, she was more angry about him leaving without saying a word to her. She felt abandoned and that's what make her confuse even more.

 

And then again, she thought about him. The corner of her lips went down as soon as he appeared on her head. She closed her eyes, begging her brain to stop this torture but he didn't. All the things that he did to her, whether good or bad, was thrown at her. She realized at the second that it leaves her that he never wanted to harm her in any way, instead each time that she was hurt mentally or physically, he was always there to support her. 

 

"You idiot" She cursed at herself, guilty because she did nothing good to him.

 

GD was beside her when she stumbled in the cafeteria of their school, when she was having a nightmare about her mother. How come she never figured it out?

 

"Because you are stupid, Sandara Park" She answered at her own question in disbelief before mocking herself realizing that she just talked to herself.

 

Her phone suddenly ringed shortly, announcing that a text was sent.

 

From: Chaerin              3:43am
I was just thinking that maybe we should go to club tomorrow?
Girls night out!

 

Dara sighed at her friend, does she even sleep? 

 

To: Chaerin                3:44am
I'll think about it this morning,
Why are you still awake?

 

It didn't event get a minute for her to reply.

 

From: Chaerin             3:44am
I could say that to you too
Someone disturbed me so I can't sleep

 

Now she was curious, she wanted to know who would dare to messed up with her terrifying best friend.

 

To: Chaerin                3:45am
Who??

 


From: Chaerin             3:45am
I'll tell you about it this morning ;)

 

Dara groaned at her text, noticing that CL was returning her sentence to her to frustrated her. She decided not to replied anymore and turned again his attention to the night sky. It was pretty cloudy and being in the capital wasn't a big advantage for those who wanted to see clearly the stars. For her, she just wanted to see calm and peace, and that's what she was having right now. She smiled unconsciously as the the breeze brushed softly her hair from her face.

 

Then her eyes went down slowly looking at the giant building in front of the hotel. It has an open parking that was facing her building, and she silently roam her eyes around it. It looked pretty old with the white-yellowish paint partly peeling off the exterior of the building, some apartment had their lights open.

 

Then Dara suddenly stopped moving when she saw him. She leaned on her balcony while squinting her eyes, trying to get a glimpse of him through the faint light of the parking. He was leaning to his black vintage Ashton Martin, looking absently at her, then she saw him throwing something from his lips, losing the eye contact with him. She anticipated his next move and bit her lower lip when he rose his head up, staring straight at her. 

 

Her breath was suddenly off and her heart was beating wild. He was expressionless the whole time and what he did the next left her disappointed, he left like he always did.

 

------------------------------------------

 

From: Seungyoon            3:50am
Boss, It seems that one of the leader of YG , Lee Seunghyun, is still following you

 

CL smirked at his text, she already knew it since day one. The reason why was still unknown for them and it affected their activities for JYP a lot because they would fear that they will discovered their real identity.

 

To: Seungyoon              3:52am
Let him be, I will talk to him so you can go home now

 

From: Seungyoon           3:52am
But Boss, we can't let you alone with him.

 

To: Seungyoon              3:53am
Just do what I said, I know how to defend myself. Take care of you siblings back home, it's better.
And don't you dare text back after this, I'm you boss remember?

 

CL turned afterwards to the s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter