Ch. 9

Living From a Rose

Comments are a pleasure to read! Really dislike this chapter a lot. I apologize.


Ji Hyo's POV 

It's been two months now. During school, I have been avoiding Yo Seob, who always tries searching for me. Whenever I spot him, my cheeks go red, thinking of our kiss. Whenever he comes over to my house, I always have to go to our neighborhood park, spending a few hours there with my sketchbook and pencil until Yo Seob is gone. I can't stand being alone with him after what happened between us. He took my first kiss!

However at school, he found out where I had been staying during lunch. I had to find a new spot other than the rooftop. Of course, Hyunseung and Dongwoon follows me, so they knew where my new spot is.

The school bell rang, meaning the school day has ended. I had to quickly get out of the school area, before Yo Seob catches me. I pass the school gates, speed walking through the neighborhood. I was about to turn to a corner, but my hand was pulled back. Am I caught? Is it Yo Seob? Please, don't let it be Yo Seob...

I turned around, seeing a panting Junhyung, holding onto my hand.

I sighed in relief. It wasn't Yo Seob."Oh...Junhyung oppa."

"For a girl like you, you walk fast."

"Oh, sorry. I'm trying to...um...avoid-"

"Yoseob?"I nodded."Is it because of the kiss?"He teased. Please...don't let me remember that scene again..."I saw you guys kiss. I wasn't really napping on the couch."

Oh...no, that means that he heard what happened. 

"S-so...you heard everything,"I asked, making sure.

Junhyung's POV

I nodded. I noticed her panicking. It was really adorable."Don't worry, I'll keep it as a secret."I looked over in the distance to where her house could be and looked back at her."Wanna come to my house? Yo Seob is probably at your house already."

"B-but we've just entered the neighborhood,"she said.

"My house isn't far from here."I took her hand."Kaja."I dragged her out of her neighborhood.

I was thrilled that she didn't pull her hand away. Holding her hand was like my wish come true.

We were entering into my neighborhood now.

"Can you call my oppa to tell him that I'm with you?"She asked."I don't want to worry him."

I nodded, dialing Doo Joon.

He picked up."Hey, Ji Hyo is going to be at my house, arraseo?"

"Okay, make sure to her back home. You better keep her safe!"

I hung up. I turned to Ji Hyo."He said okay, but I'm going to have to take you home."She nodded.

In the inside, I was happy that I could take her back to her house.

We arrived at my house.

Ji Hyo's POV 

I gasped at his house. It was like a mansion, but it wasn't. In front of his house was a fountain that sparkled under the sun. As we pass through it, I skimmed my fingers across the cold water. It was clean and refreshing.

He led me inside his house.

As we entered his house, I heard a female voice.

"Junhyung? Is that you?"She sounded old. I recognized that voice somewhere.

"Ne, halmoni!"He responded, taking his shoes off. I did as well.

I looked at him."Halmoni?"

"I live with my grandmother. My parents are overseas now."I nodded.

His grandmother came out."How was school?"She asked. 

"It was good, halmoni."

His grandmother noticed me. Our eyes met, and we were surprised at each other. I didn't know she was his halmoni!

"Oh, is that you, Ji Hyo?"She asked.

It was the old woman I bumped into at the store.

I smiled, bowing and greeting her."Ne, ahjumma. I didn't know you were Junhyung's halmoni."

Junhyung looked confused."Do you both know each other?"

"Ne. We bumped into each other at the store. She was so kind to help my supplies and help me up. There was also this adorable boy with her,"she explained.

I knew she was talking about Yo Seob.

She changed the topic."Are you two hungry?"

Junhyung and I shook our heads."No thanks, halmoni. I'm going to show her around the house."

"Arrasseo."

He led me to the living room, where there was a white piano. I kept staring at the piano.

Junhyung's POV

I caught Ji Hyo staring at my piano. I waved my hands in front of her face, trying to get her attention. She looked at me.

"Is it your first time seeing a piano?"

She nodded."The only time I seen a piano is if it was from the TV, but I rarely watch TV."

"I'll let you play later. Let's go to my room."

She'll be the first girl that stepped foot in my house, except for halmoni and my mother. I led her up the stairs and walked down the hallway. We entered into my room.

"Sorry, it's kind of messy,"I warned.

I watch her scan my room."I don't think it's messy. It looks just like mine."She looked around a little more, then turned to me."Can you tell Doo Joon that I feel dehydrated."

I nodded.

Ji Hyo's POV

While he calls Doo Joon, I looked around. I spotted on his desk a picture frame of him with Doo Joon and the others. I picked it up, touching the photo, but I realized that there was a ton of dust on it. Seems like he forgotten to clean it. I set it back down.

"You feeling better?"He asked 

I turned to him, nodding."I'm going to wash my hands. Your picture frame is really dusty."

"Oh, okay. The bathroom is the third room on the left side."I nodded, following his instructions. 

I entered the bathroom and washed my hands. I dried my hands with the paper towels next to the sink. I walked out of the bathroom and passed a couple of rooms. I was about to enter Junhyung's room, but one opened room down the dark hallway attracted me towards it.

I peeked inside the mysterious room. I saw voodoo dolls on a shelf, cauldrons in the corner, candles and a black rose by the window, a shelf woth jars of liquids, a big brown book on a stand, and a crystal bl on the desk.

The black rose looked exactly as mine, except mine was red. Hm...strange...

I should get back to Junhyung. I left that room to enter Junhyung's. As I enter his room, I noticed he wasn't in there.

"Where is he?"I whispered. Suddenly, I felt a hand touch my shoulder. I screamed, turning around.