Ch. 16

Living From a Rose

Happy Halloween!!🎃🎃 How is everyone doing?? Enjoy the chapter!


Junhyung's POV 

I stepped inside the room, walking towards the rose. I was about to touch it, but I felt something cold upon my shoulder. I turned to see a pale hand.

Swiftly, I turned around, staring at a girl, who was in a black dress. She looked a lot like Ji Hyo. What freaked me out was the creepy dark aura around her.

"W-who are you?"I stuttered.

"Just a shadow,"she whispered."If I were you, I would leave."She vanished into thin air.

I obeyed, frightened by her. Her voice was similar to Ji Hyo's. It scared me.

I ran out of my neighborhood. I headed for Doo Joon's house, since it was like my second home, despite the sun setting and the boys yelling at me.

Ji Hyo's POV 

We both walked home, hand in hand. The sun was setting, and it was getting dark.

I started to stare off into a distance, admiring the outside world. But, I spotted something running. It was running to the direction of my house. I squinted a little to get a better picture of the person. I recognized who it was.

"Junhyung oppa..."I said, quietly.

"Hm?"

"It's Junhyung oppa!"I exclaimed.

I dragged him with me, running towards the house.

"Ya! Ji Hyo-ah, hold up!"Yo Seob whined.

"Junhyung oppa!"I yelled.

He was about to step foot onto my lawn. I saw him turn around, looking at both of us.

Suddenly, I froze. I stopped running. The pain I experienced in my chest came back. My hand reached for my chest. I grew tired, and I collapsed onto Yo Seob.

The last thing I heard were two people shouting,"Ji Hyo-ah!"

Yo Seob's POV 

Ji Hyo kept dragging me, making us run. I could spot Junhyung ahead.

"Ya! Ji Hyo-ah! Hold up!"I whined.

How does she run like this?!?!?

"Junhyung oppa!"She yelled.

I saw Junhyung turning around, looking at us.

We continued running, but Ji Hyo collapsed onto me. Luckily, I caught her.

"Ya..Ji Hyo-ah,"I called, shaking her.

There was something wrong with her.

I felt Junhyung's presence next to me.

"Ji Hyo-ah!"Junhyung and I yelled.

Junhyung's POV 

As soon as she fell, I ran towards her.

"Ji Hyo-ah!"We yelled. 

"Ya! Wake up, Ji Hyo-ah!"Yo Seob cried out, shaking her.

Her rose popped into my mind. Something happened to her rose.

Doo Joon's POV 

I was in the kitchen with Hyunseung, making dinner. Ki Kwang and Dongwoon were playing on the Wii.

The dinner was almost done, so I gathered the plates and chopsticks to the dining table. However, I spotted the rose's petal falling. This time, two of them fell. I froze, dropping what were in my hands.

Ji Hyo's dying.

Dongwoon's POV

Ki Kwang and I were playing on the Wii. Suddenly, we heard some loud crashes in the kitchen. 

I turned to Ki Kwang."You heard that?"

"Yep."

We dropped our Wii controllers and headed to where the crashes came from.

"What was the loud noises?"Ki Kwang asked, going to Doo Joon, who was in the dining area.

We noticed him staring at Ji Hyo's rose. Both of our eyes bulged out.

Two petals fell. So far, three are on the windowsill.

"Where's Ji Hyo?"I asked.

"I don't know. She might be with Yo Seob,"he said."Someone go call him."

Hyunseung volunteered to.

Ki Kwang and I stared at Doo Joon. He's trying to be calm, but we could tell he's panicking.

We heard the door open. We stared at who came in. It was Junhyung and Yo Seob, carrying Ji Hyo. We saw Hyunseung pouring water into the rose. Yo Seob laid Ji Hyo on the couch. Doo Joon got blankets and covered her body, trying to make it comfortable for her.

I headed to the panicking Junhyung."Hyung!"I called. He looked at me."Where were you, hyung?"

"I was at home. If I came to school, I thought you guys would be angry at me. Plus, I found out my halmoni is a witch."

We all looked at Junhyung.

"I tried to convince her to cure Ji Hyo many times, but..."Junhyung shook his head."She wants an apology from her parents."

"Hyung, do you know where your parents are?"I asked Doo Joon.

Doo Joon shook his head."They left without saying anything to us."

We sat in there in silence.

"I know someone that can track them down,"Yo Seob brought up.

We all looked at him."Who?"We all asked.

"My brother and his bestfriend. They work as private investigators. Maybe I can give them a call.

We agreed with him.

Yo Seob's POV 

I dialed my hyung, putting it on speaker. After the second ring, he picked up.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Hyung!"I called.

"Oh, Yo Seob. What is it?"

"Can you do me a favor?"

"Ne, what is it?"

"Um...you know Doo Joon, right? My chingu."

"The chingu who scolds you?"

We all chuckled.

"Ne, that's me, hyungnim,"Doo Joon spoke.

"Oh, anneyong! What can I do for you?"

"I need help looking for my parents. It's an emergency."

"Their names?"

"Um, Yoon Jong Ki and Yoon Mi Na. How much do I need to pay?"

"Oh, don't worry about it. Your Yo Seob's bestfriend."

Doo Joon sighed."Kangsamida, hyungnim."

"Ne, it'll probably take me about one or two months. I'll try to make it quicker."

"Ne, kangsamida."

"Bye, hyung!"I screamed.

We hung up.

Doo Joon looked at me."Ya, do you snitch to your hyung about me?"

He was about to tackle me, but we noticed Ji Hyo stirring on the couch.