Ch. 12

Living From a Rose

Man...I almost forgot to update today. I have been busy lately with school and church activities. Currently, I'm taking care of a 1st grader.


Doo Joon's POV

It was 3:00 in the afternoon. I sat in front of the sleeping Ji Hyo, watching over her in my horrible state. I didn't get to wash my hair or my face. I hadn't eaten breakfast nor lunch because I was worried over Ji Hyo. She hasn't woken up ever since this morning. 

Then, I heard many knocks on the door, and then heard yellings as well. I could recognize the voices. They were from Dongwoon, Ki Kwang, and Yo Seob. I walked to the door and grabbed the doorknob. I opened the door, revealing my bestfriends.

"Sh..."I hushed them, putting a finger to my lips.

"Ya...what happened to you?"Junhyung asked, scanning at my state.

"Are you sick, hyung?"Dongwoon asked.

"Ji Hyo collapsed this morning,"I stated, as I let them in. I pointed at the fallen petal that was still on the window sill."A petal from her rose fell. She didn't wake up since around 4:45 or 5:00,"I explained.

"Hey, go wash up,"Junhyung ordered."Yoseob'll cook you dinner. We'll take care of her."

"Me?? Cook??"Yo Seob asked. I saw Junhyung elbowed him."I'll cook,"Yo Seob confidently said.

I nodded, trusting all of them.

Ji Hyo's POV

It was in a room of darkness. The only light source that I could see came from some candles. From the candles, I knew I was in a familiar room. It looked like Junhyung's halmoni's room. I saw the black rose on the window sill. I watched as one of its petals fall. Why am I here?

The scene changed. I was at the neighborhood park. I spotted a woman and a man strolling with a baby in a carriage  A boy, around three-years-old, was chasing a blue butterfly behind them.

The boy attracted me by his laughter, so I followed him. He was getting farther from his parents by chasing the butterfly. Then, he bumped into a woman.

"Oh, mianhe ahjumma!"He apologized, looking up at her.

I squinted at the woman. She looked vaguely familiar. The woman smiled, patting the boy's head."It's okay. Were you chasing a butterfly?"

"Ne!"He responded.

The woman had the blue butterfly on her finger. She showed it to him.

"Woah! Daebak!"He looked up at her."Can I have it sit on my finger too?"She nodded. The butterfly flew onto his finger."Woah..."The woman smiled, patting the boy's head.

"Doo Joon-ah!"A female voice called.

"Where are you?"A male voice shout.

I stared at the boy with the blue butterfly. He's Doo Joon. The small Doo Joon turned to the sound of his parent's."Oh, I think appa and omma are calling me!"He lifted the butterfly up to her."Do you need it back?"

Her answer was interrupted by Doo Joon's parents.

"Doo Joon-ah!"His mother shriek. His mother reached Doo Joon and pulled him behind her. The butterfly on his finger flew away. The mother glared at the woman."Ya! How dare you touch my son!"

"Omma!"Doo Joon called.

His mother didn't hear him. She was about to slap the innocent woman, but she blocked the mother's hand.

"You're misunderstanding-"

"Look, ahjumma. You're a stranger who is touching our son. We don't know if you could be kidnapper or worse. So, let go of my wife's hand,"the father said.

"You two still don't understand do you? You think I would har-"

The mother interrupted the woman from talking."You're still not letting go?!?!? It's obvious that you're trying to hurt my son!"

"Omma! She wasn't hurting me!"Doo Joon explained, but the mother ignored him.

The woman chuckled a little, letting go of the mother's hand. She looked at the father."I don't understand how you can stand her," she muttered.

However, the father could hear her very well.

"Did you just insult my wife? I only asked you to let her hand go, not argue back!"The father yelled.

I felt apologetic for the accused woman. She didn't even harm Doo Joon. I couldn't believe they were my parents.

"You two messed with the wrong person,"the woman stated. She looked at the baby in the carriage."I assume that is your daughter."She looked up at both of them."Your daughter will be cursed as your punishment.

I froze at where I am standing. That's how it all began. It was because of my parent's stubborness and accusations. 

"Curse?"The father scoffed."What are you? A witch?"

The woman smirked."I am a witch. To cure your daughter's curse, you must apologize to me."

"You must be losing your mind. You think we're going to apologize to you?" The mother said.

"Suit yourself."The witch disappeared.

I sat up, sweating. I gripped onto the blankets that were covering me. Junhyung's grandmother is the witch who cursed me. Tears piled up in my eyes, ready to flow down.

"Ji Hyo's awake!"I heard someone yell.

"Ji Hyo, gwenchana?"A voice asked me.

I turned to the familiar person asking me, Junhyung oppa. Before I know it, I'm crying.

Yo Seob's POV

Doo Joon finished washing up. We were all eating the dinner I made.

"Ya...is ramyeon all you can prepare?"Doo Joon asked.

"Do you expect me to make kimchi stew?"I retorted.

Dongwoon had finished his dinner. He left to go to the living room.

"I think Ji Hyo's dying,"Doo Joon stated."A rose can't live for 15 years."

My movements froze, thinking about what he said. I looked to where the living room is. Ji Hyo, I'll find your parents and that witch. Wait a little bit longer, Ji Hyo-ah. 

"But isn't it a special rose?"Ki Kwang asked.

Doo Joon shrugged.

"Ji Hyo's awake!"We heard Dongwoon yell.

We all left our dinner, rushing to the living room. Junhyung was the fastest before me. He knelt down across from Ji Hyo.

"Ji Hyo-ah, gwenchana?"He asked. He was about to touch her, but she started crying.

My instincts told me to comfort her, and I did. I sat on the couch besides her and pulled her to my chest.

"Sh...I'm here, Ji Hyo-ah,"I whispered, rubbing and patting her back.

I felt her tears splash onto my shirt. She gripped onto me and her blanket.

They stared at me in confusion, except for Doo Joon, who knew about our relationship.

It took her a few minutes to stop crying. Then, I let her fall back asleep on me. 

Junhyung's POV

To be honest, I'm jealous. Why can't I be in Yoseob's place? I want to be the one to comfort and love her. I think this is unfair. I'm the one being patient and he's not.

"Yoseob, you need some explanations for this,"Hyunseung said.

I glared at Yoseob as he looked at Doo Joon, who nodded.

Yoseob sighed."Ji Hyo and I...are in a relationship."

My heart broke into million of pieces.

"Ya, hyung!! You allowed this?"Dongwoon asked Doo Joon.

"I support whoever Ji Hyo likes, except for some people that I have bad feelings about,"he said.

I stared at the sleeping Ji Hyo. You chose YoSeob over me. Even though you're with him, I'm not sure if I can end my love for you.