Ch. 4

Living From a Rose

Hey guys, sorry about not updating. I was in Europe. I found out that I went to where Doo Joon and Yo Seob went in Spain. 😧 If only they stayed there a little longer, I would've met them. Yey is daebak! Now, on with the story!


Ji Hyo's POV

I entered my house with my rose. Doo Joon was outside with his friends, playing soccer. I set my rose by the window. I went upstairs to change into my usual outfit; a plain white dress.

Yo Seob's POV

Doo Joon led us into his house, since it started raining.

"Where's Ji Hyo-ah, hyung?"Dongwoon asked.

"She's probably upstairs,"Doo Joon replied.

Something red by the window caught my attention by the window, luring me towards it. I walked closer, admiring it. It was elegant. I wanted to touch it. My hand reached for it.

Doo Joon's / Hyunseung's / Dongwoon's POV

We noticed Yo Seob wasn't around us. We all looked at him, who was almost touching the rose. We rushed to him.

"YANG YOSEOB!"We three shouted.

Ji Hyo's POV

I finished changing. Suddenly, I sensed something wrong.

Someone is touching my rose.

I dashed downstairs. I spotted Yo Seob who was touching my rose. Rage built inside me. Instantly, my thorns pricked his finger.

I went in between him and my rose, faster than Doo Joon, Hyunseung, and Dongwoon. I slapped Yo Seob on the cheek, making everyone freeze.

Yo Seob stared at me, with confusion. I stared at him back with anger. I carried my rose, opened the front door, and entered the pouring rain. I sat down on the grass, cooling myself by the rain droplets. I gently cleaned Yo Seob's blood away from the thorn.

Yo Seob's POV

It took me a minute to progress what just happened. My hand reached up to my cheek. It stung badly. I noticed blood on my finger.

Soon, Doo Joon, Hyunseung, and even Dongwoon started scolding me.

"Aigoo...I'm not sure if I should invite you over next time,"Doo Joon says, putting a Pororo band-aid on my finger.

"Hyung...she's out there in the rain,"Ki Kwang says, watching from the window."Her dress is wet. She's going to catch a cold."

"Ya, are you a stalker? If she wants to be out there, let her be,"Hyunseung says.

"Yo Seob-ah, you should apologize to her,"Junhyung suggested.

I hesistated. Should I or should I not? I sighed."Arraseo, but if she gets mad at me, I'm blaming you guys,"I said."Hyung, where's the umbrella?"I asked.

Doo Joon gave me an umbrella. I got outside and opened it up. Her hair was drenched with her ruined dress. I hovered over her with my umbrella.

Instantly, she glared at me. "Get lost,"she growled.

"Um, I want to apologize. I shouldn't touch someone's belongings without permission. Again, mianhe. Really. I hope you forgive me."I set the umbrella behind her to protect her from the rain. I went back inside the house. Doo Joon gave me extra clothes to change into.

Ji Hyo's POV

Now, I feel guilty for slapping him. I noticed the Pororo band-aid. It's not his fault that he didn't know about my situation.

"Aish...Ji Hyo-ah, what were you thinking?"I hit my forehead with my tiny fist."Ya babo..."

I got up, looking at the umbrella. I closed the umbrella and carried it and my rose into the house.

I was welcomed with a scent of food.

"Oh, Ji Hyo-ah, you're back!"Ki Kwang exclaimed.

"Yo Seob's making dinner since he felt bad. You should go change."I nodded.

Hyunseung noticed me. I handed him my rose since I trusted him. My brother isn't here. He's probably in his room.

I took a quick shower and changed into a new plain white dress. I got downstairs, staring at everyone eating.

YoSeob spotted me. He smiled, coming to me. Wasn't he depressed before? Ugh...it's making me feel more guilty.

"Ji Hyo-ah!"He dragged mw to the dinner table and forced me to sit down besides him and Dongwoon."I made us dinner! Here's your food!"He passed me a bowl of ramyeon and chopsticks."Tell me if you want more, arraseo?"

I slowly nodded, holding the chopsticks. I never held them since the last time I tried to eat.

Doo Joon, Hyunseung, and Dongwoon kept staring at me.

"Yo Seob, she usu-"

Yo Seob interrupted Doo Joon."Come on, your dongsaeng can't starve all day! She didn't get to eat last time!"

"Yo Seob, she-"

Hyunseung was cut off as well."She needs to eat as well. She's human like us!"

Doo Joon, Hyunseung, and Dongwoon started,"But-"

Yo Seob turned to me."Ignore them, Ji Hyo-ah. Just eat. I didn't poison it. I promise."He flash me a smile.

I nodded. I was debating whether I should eat it. Well, he did made this. If I eat this, this would forgive him. I was about to put some ramyeon into my mouth, but Dongwoon took my chopsticks and ate the noodle.

"Ya!"Yo Seob shouted, standing."What's your problem?!?!?"

I grabbed a fistful of Yo Seob's shirt, dragging him down back to his seat. He stared at me with wonder.

I got my chopsticks back from Dongwoon and took a bite in my ramyeon. I noticed Doo Joon, Hyunseung, and Dongwoon panicking.

I smiled, swallowing. I could feel something in my stomach and my esophagus. "It's good,"I said, looking at Yo Seob."I forgive you."

Yo Seob started getting joyful. His grin appeared on his face.

My heart started to beat rapidly when I see him happy, but my heartbeat ended. Something was wrong with my stomach.

"Excuse me, I need to use the bathroom,"I said.

I walk out, going up the stairs. My throat started burning. I clutched my throat, trying to massage it. I leaned against the wall for support. My stomach started aching. 

Yo Seob's POV 

"Yay! She forgave me!"I exclaimed. I looked at Doo Joon, Hyunseung, and Dongwoon, who were glaring at me. I stopped cheering."Did I do something wrong?"

Doo Joon got up and walked passed me. Soon, Hyunseung and Dongwoon followed. 

"They're being very quiet. Is this a prank?"Junhyung asked.

"If it is, I am really fooled,"Ki Kwang added.

"Ji Hyo-ah!"We three heard yelling.

We left our dinner, following the others. We saw a pale Ji Hyo in Doo Joon arms, gripping his shirt.

"O-oppa..."Ji Hyo muttered.

"I know, I know..."Doo Joon looked at Hyunseung and Dongwoon."Water."Dongwoon quickly went to get water.

Ji Hyo started throwing up. We all began to panic.

"Should I call for the hospital?"Junhyung asked, fishing for his phone.

"Don't call them!"Hyunseung ordered."Dongwoon, bali!"

Dongwoon came with a cup of water, giving it to Doo Joon.

"You poured it into the rose?"Doo Joon asked. Dongwoon nodded. Ji Hyo stopped vomiting once she drank water.

"Im going to have to tell them, arraseo?"Doo Joon said to Ji Hyo. Ji Hyo nodded. Doo Joon looked at Hyunseung."Help her to her room."

Hyunseung guided her upstairs.

Junhyung, Ki Kwang, and I were confused. Was it because of my food?

Doo Joon finished cleaning the throw-up. He led us to the living room.

"Guys..."Doo Joon started explaining to us about everything.