Ch. 6

Living From a Rose

Ji Hyo's POV

It has been a month now and it was finally the weekend. Hyunseung told me that his parents couldn't take care of my rose anymore, because of their absence at work.

I sighed. I need to find a new solution. I can't bring it to school. I can't trust anyone there.

Everyone found out that I am truly Doo Joon's sister. Popular, snobby girls try to become friends with me to get to Doo Joon. Of course, I refused.

The boys were always at my house everyday. They begged me to call them 'oppa'. I had to give in. I was actually getting close to them, but I was afraid. My rose can't live that long. That means that I'll disappear, leaving them. This is why I don't try to make friends.

I heard my door from my room open, so I turned around, seeing a smiling Yo Seob. I smiled back.

"Do you need anything?"I asked.

He took my hand and looked at me."I need you."

I froze. Am I hearing correctly? Why is my heart beating suddenly?

"S-say that again?"

"I said that I need you. I need you to help me."

I sighed in relief. He didn't mean the other way."What do you need me to help you with?"

He started dragging me downstairs."Um, we're celebrating Hyunseung's birthday and I need you to help buy decorations with me."

We were almost out the door, but I stopped him."I need to change, oppa. I can't go out looking like this,"I said, pointing to my usual white dress.

"I think you look fine. You look beautiful everyday at home."My cheeks reddened at his compliment. He was putting his shoes on."You probably don't go out much."

I was still blushing, so I turn around to hide it from him. What is happening to me? I calmed myself down and put on my shoes.

"What about my rose?"

"Junhyung and Dongwoon will be back soon from getting the cake. Let's go!"He dragged me outside, walking to the store.

We arrived at the store about fifteen minutes and entered it.

"What do we need?"I asked him, but he wasn't around. I saw him being distracted by the toys section. I sighed. "What a kid..."I left him there, going to get the decorations we needed.

I put the ball on and birthday banners in the acrt. I spotted some streamer strings about 3 feet away. I was heading towards it, but I ran into an old woman.

We both fell on the floor. I looked at the old woman, heading towards her.

"I am so sorry. Are you okay?"I asked, helping her up. I stared gathering her items that she had dropped. They were strange stuffs. They were voodoo dolls, candlrs, and a cauldron. I didn't this store sold these kind of things. These items surprised me. She must've been preparing for Halloween. I gave the items to her.

"I'm okay."She looked at me, giving me a smile."Thank you, darling, for helping me."

"You're welcome, ahjumma."

"Say, you look awfully familiar. Have we met before?"

"I-"

I was cut off by someone screaming my name. I felt someone tackle me with a hug behind me.

"Ya...why did you leave me, Ji Hyo-ah?"He whined.

I heard the old woman chuckle."Are you guys a couple?"

I shook my head violently."N-no..."

Yo Seob was still hugging me."Are we?"

My face started burning.

"You two make a great couple. I hope you two last forever."She was walking away, but she turned around, looking at me."Nice meeting you, Ji Hyo-ah. Again..."She left.

I was confused at her last sentence, but I was too busy trying to yank Yo Seob off me to focus what she meant.

"Ya, we're going to cause a ruckus here if you don't let go."

"You left me!"He exclaimed. 

"You left me, oppa!"I'm not sure why I still call him oppa when he is acting like a five-year-old. "If you don't let go, I'll scream."He didn't let go.I opened my mouth, ready to scream.

He let go of me, spinning me to where I was about to fall to the ground. He held onto me tightly, never letting me fall. I, as well, grasped onto him. Our faces were inches apart.

My heart raced faster than before.

Yo Seob, did I really fall for you?