Ch. 11

Living From a Rose

I'm satisfied with this chapter.


 Ji Hyo's POV 

My school day ended. I just needed to go to the park to spend time there. I was entering through the park when I heard footsteps.

Is someone following me?

I turned around, seeing no one. I shrugged, sitting down on a bench. I took my sketchbook and supplies out. I looked around me for an inspiration. I spotted a bird. I began to draw it on my sketchbook.

I was finishing coloring the bird I drew peacefully, but I heard a shriek behind me. I was so shocked that I accidentally made my coloring mark go up, ruining my drawing.

"Aish..."I grumbled. 

"That squirrel scared me!"I heard someone shout behind me.

I recognized that voice. I stood up, turning around.

"Yo Seob?"I called.

He looked up at me, surprised, stepping his way over to me."Oh...hi, Ji Hyo!"He chirped.

The image of us kissing appeared in my mind. I shook that image away. Why does everytime I see him, that comes into my mind?

I began packing my belongings into my bag, but he grabbed my hands. I looked up at him, staring at his lips.

His happiness awhile ago disappeared, transforming into a serious expression. He sighed, staring intently into my eyes."Why do you keep on avoiding me, Ji Hyo-ah?"

It's because I'm afraid.

He took a breath."Do you know that what you're doing is hurting me?"

No, I never mean to hurt you.

"You're making me think that you hate me."

I wanted to cry. I never wanted to hurt him at all. I tried to pull my hands back, but he gripped them tighter.

I hesistated, letting myself think. It is true. I do love him, but...I can't. I'm living from a rose.

I heaved a sigh, looking up at him."Mianhe, oppa,"I apologized."I made a mistake with you. I'm not supposed to fall in love."

"Why?"

"I'm not normal, oppa,"I whispered.

"And? Everyone needs love."

Tears brimmed to my eyes."Once my rose dies...I'll die too,"I croaked."You know that."

He loosened his grip on my hands."I don't care. I'll find your parents and that witch that cursed you. I'll force them to apologize, and you'll be normal."His eyes softened."Can you trust me? Ji Hyo-ah, can you at least accept me?"There were tears stretched on his face.

I hesitated. My tears were already rolling down my cheeks.

He pulled me for an embrace, kissing my tears away. His lips met mine for a second. He pulled back, staring into my eyes.

"C-can you?"He asked.

I nodded and kissed him back.

 

It's been two weeks now. No one knows about our relationship except for Doo Joon. I woke up in my bed, feeling really dehydrated. I was pretty sure that my rose had water yesterday. It's strange.

I sat up, squinting at my clock. It was 4:30 AM.

I got out of my bed and walked to my door, opening it. It was dark, so I had to use the walls for help. I got downstairs and entered the kitchen. My throat and mouth was really dry. I the kitchen lights.

I got a glass cup and poured water in it. I was about to pour it in my rose, but there was a sudden pain in my chest. My hand dropped the glass cup. It shattered on the kitchen floor with a loud noise. I clutched my chest, falling onto the wet floor, besides the glass. The pieces of the glass cup pierced ino my skin. Second by second, I start to get cold, and my mouth and throat became drier as ever.

Doo Joon's POV 

I woke up from a glass shattering noise. I ran out of my room, rushing downstairs. I noticed the kitchen lights on. I entered the kitchen, seeing Ji Hyo sprawled on the floor.

"Ji Hyo-ah!"I called, heading towards her.

I helped her lean against the kitchen counters. I cupped her pale and cold face.

"You're cold, Ji Hyo-ah, "I muttered. Her eyes were droopy."Ya...stay with me."

I noticed the shattered glass on the wet floor. She must be thirsty. I stood up and opened one of the cabinets for a cup. I poured water in it and headed for her rose by the window sill.

I froze at my spot. My eyes widened at the rose. A petal has fallen. Instantly, I poured water in the rose. I set the empty cup by the rose and went back to Ji Hyo.

I knelt down next to her and shook her."Ji Hyo-ah,"I called.

Her head slowly turned to me. Her eyes were half-opened."H-huh?"she mumbled.

"Are you still thirsty?"I asked, cupping her face.

She shook her head."I'm c-cold, oppa,"she whispered. Her voice was hoarse too.

I went to the living room to get a blanket from the couch. I entered the kitchen. I wrapped the blanket around her. I picked her up, bringing her into the living room. I set her down on the couch. I got another blanket and laid it on her. 

I noticed blood coming out from her hands. There were little scratches on her arms. I went to get the first aid kit. I came back and sat on the floor, putting medicine and band-aids on her.

Kikwang's POV

 Junhyung, Yo Seob, and I were sitting in our usual seats in the cafeteria. We all were wondering where Doo Joon was. Junhyung didn't see him in class. The other two was searching for Ji Hyo.

We saw Dong Woon and Hyunseung heading towards us.

"No Ji Hyo-ah?"Junhyung asked.

"She wasn't there,"Dongwoon sadly mumbled, sitting besides me.

"What if they transferred to a different school?"I suggested.

"Then they would've told us,"Hyunseung says."Plus, I didn't see them come out of their house."

"This is strange,"Yo Seob stated."Let's go to their house after school."

We all agreed with him.