Ch. 3

Living From a Rose

Ji Hyo's POV

I was happy that I survived that school day. I speedwalked to home without Doo Joon.

"Ji Hyo-ah!"I heard someone yell.

I stopped, biting my lip. That annoying monkey... I start running quickly, passing a crowd of people.

"Ya! You're making me seem like a stalker! Stop running!"Yo Seob shouted.

I enter my neighborhood. I could hear Yo Seob yelling my name.

When is he ever going to stop following me?

I turn to a corner, seeing Doo Joon and Hyunseung.

"Oh, Ji Hyo-ah,"they both greeted.

"Why did you went the long way?"Hyunseung asked.

There was a shortcut?!?! How come I never knew???

I felt my back being pushed. I was spun around. My back landed on the ground and I felt someone's weight on top of me.

I froze, staring at the annoying idiot, who was a few inches away from my face. My eyes landed on his lips.

How can anyone's lips be so...

Hyunseung's POV

Doo Joon and I immediately pulled Yo Seob up. Doo Joon began whacking and scolding Yo Seob.

I stared at the frozen Ji Hyo, who was still on the ground. I knelt down to her."Gwenchana?"

She blinked a couple of times and then stared at me."B-bwo?"She got up, dusting herself."I-I'm fine. I'm gonna go home now."She bowed to me."Anneyong, Hyunseung-shi."She was walking away, but I pulled her back."Ne?"

"Um, we need to get your rose,"I reminded her.

I led her to my house, ignoring Yo Seob and Doo Joon.

Ji Hyo's POV

He walked me back home, since it wasn't safe for a girl to be walking around. We both entered the house, and I was greeted by Yo Seob.

"Look, Ji Hyo-ah, I'm very sorry for what happened earlier a-"

He looked very apologetic, so I cut him off."I forgive you. Just don't let it happen again."I walked around him to set my rose on the window sill.

"I'm hungry, Ji Hyo-ah,"Yo Seob whined to me.

I ignored him."Where's Doo Joon oppa?"I asked.

"I'll tell you if you make me a sandwich,"Yo Seob proposed.

I glared at him. Is he seriously? How can a 17-year-old be so immature?

"He's probably in the bathroom, Ji Hyo-ah, "Hyunseung says. "Ignore Yo Seob. He tends to act like this."

I smiled at him."I'm going to make dinner. Hyunseung-shi, are you staying?"

He shook his head."I'll be leaving soon."

I looked at Yo Seob."And you? Are you staying?"

"I'm not sure, unless you want me to."He gave me a mischievous grin.

I ignored him. I started making dinner. Doo Joon came down and took Yo Seob out in the backyard to play soccer. Hyunseung watched them play for five minutes then left.

I finished cooking dinner. They both came in sweating. They sat down and started eating. I poured a little of water on my rose. I finished and was about to go into the living room.

"Aren't you going to eat dinner, Ji Hyo-ah?"Yo Seob asked.

"I'll eat later,"I lied.

"Is it because of me?"

I was about to respond, but Doo Joon was faster."She usually eats after me."

"Oh..."Yo Seob nodded, eating.

I took glances at them. How lucky they get to eat. I sighed. I want to be normal...

Yo Seob's POV

I walked to school with Ki Kwang. I started wondering about Ji Hyo.

Does she dislike me? I sigh.

"You've been sighing a lot  What is it?"Ki Kwang asked.

"Doo Joonie's dongsaeng."

"Hyung's dongsaeng? Ji Hyo-ah? To be honest, she's too quiet. What about her?"

We started hearing squealings. It's those fan girls again.

Ji Hyo's POV

It was lunch time. Everyone headed to the cafeteria except for me. I headed to the vending machine to buy water. I bought my water and was about to head up to the rooftop.

"Ji Hyo-ah?"I turned around, seeing a tall boy. I recognized him. He's one of Doo Joon's bestfriends. He's the youngest, but older than me by a year."Aren't you going to eat?"I shook my head."Are you eating by yourself?"I nodded."Oh, do you need company?"

"A-ani."Even if I refused many times, he still went up with me with his lunch.

We stared at the sky in silence.

"Is that all you have? Water?"I nodded, drinking.

He handed me a kimbap, but I rejected it."I can't eat it. Mianhe."

"Are you on a diet?"

I scodd."Of course not."

"I mean, you look really skinny and it seems like you don't eat a lot."

I looked at myself. Am I? I looked up at him."Are you here to insult me? If you are-"

"No, I'm just concerned. You're my hyung's dongsaeng. Shouldn't I care over you?"

Should I tell him about my problem. I scan him. He looks trustworthy.

"Can I trust you, Dongwoon-shi?"

He nodded."Call me oppa. Dongwoon oppa."

"A-arraseo, Dongwoon oppa. I'm not sure if you'll believe me..."

I told him about my curse.

"So, you must find this witch and your parents?"I nodded, finishing my water."Water doesn't affect you?"

I shook my head."Water must be poured into the rose for me to be hydrated. I just drink this so I could normal and it cools my throat."

"Am I and Doo Joon and Hyunseung hyung the only ones who know?"

"Hyunseung's parents."I sigh."We need to go. Class should be starting,"I stated."I'm leaving first."

Dongwoon's POV

I watched her leave the rooftop.

She is one strange girl...

I exit the rooftop, bumping into my hyungs.

"Dongwoon-ah! Where were you?"Ki Kwang asked.

"Oh, rooftop with Doo Joon's dongsaeng. Got to go to class. See you guys later."I waved them off.

Ki Kwang's POV

Ji Hyo-ah? Why is everyone hanging around her? What is special about her?

I shrugged, going to class with Yo Seob.