Ch. 17

Living From a Rose

Well guys...one chapter left. I thank those who still read this. Thank you!


 Ji Hyo's POV 

Mirrors were placed around me, seeing my reflection wherever I turn. Then, my reflection changed to a girl who wore a black dress instead of a white one. She looked exactly like me.

"W-who are you?"I asked. My voice echoed everywhere.

"I'm your shadow,"it replied."You know that black rose you saw at your chingu's house?"I nodded, knowing it was Junhyung's house that she is talking about."That is my rose. Your chingu's halmoni made a curse. To break the curse, your parents must apologuze, am I correct?"I nodded."Well, she created two special roses. A black and rose one. You have the red one, while the witch kept mine. I am supposed to live in her house now to protect my rose, but I also had to warn you. I am you and you are me. Your chingu, I sensed him almost touching my rose. Now, he's in your house."

"Junhyung oppa is in my house now?"

"Ne, that chingu. He's quite lonely,"she sighed."We don't have much time left to live. We're going to die. I'm okay with that, but I'm not sure about you. Your brother, boyfriend, and friends will be miserable. So far, three petals have fallen. We have a month left, Ji Hyo-ah."

She vanished from the mirror, leaving behind a mix of black and red petals falling around me.

I stirred on the couch. My eyes were wide open. I sat up, looking at everyone. I jumped up from the couch to the windowsill. 

"Ji Hyo-ah,"I heard everyone called.

I scanned the fallen petals. She wasn't kidding.

I felt someone's warm hand on my shoulder."Ji Hyo-ah, gwenchana?"

I looked at Doo Joon, who was speaking."I-I have a month to live,"I stated.

"B-bwo?"

"Where did you hear this from?"Hyunseung asked.

I looked at Junhyung."Junhyung oppa, did a girl wearing a black dress spoke to you?"

"N-ne. The one who looked like you?"He asked, making sure.

I nodded."I saw her when I was sleeping."I told then what my shadow told me.

Yo Seob's POV 

My heart broke into a million pieces. She has one month left.

My hyung said it'll take a month or two to find their parents. He better find them fast then.

 

It has been a week. I woke up in my room to call my hyung, asking him how the tracking was going. I was getting impatient. I needed Ji Hyo to live. 

"We found out that they're located in Busan. Just wait and hold up, Yo Seob."

"I CAN'T WAIT!"I yelled through the phone. I realized that I shouted at him. I closed my eyes, knowing it was wrong of me to do that."M-mianhe, hyung. I didn't mean to yell at you."

"It's fine, Yo Seob-ah."I heard him sigh."As your hyung, would you mind telling me what's your problem?"

I scratched the back of my head."I'm not sure if you would believe me, hyung."

"Ya, what are hyungs for? I'll try to understand."

I sighed, explaining everything to him.

"Yo Seob, you are right. I'm not sure I would believe you."I heard him chuckle. "You like this girl, don't you?"I nodded, knowing that he wouldn't be able to see it. He sighed through the phone."I'll try to do it fast. Give me a week, arraseo? If not, one and a half. She shouldn't die by then."

I smiled."Gomawo, hyung."

After I ended my call with him, I walked to Doo Joon's house. 

He told me that Ji Hyo has been sick ever since a day ago. She was fine the past days, but not yesterday. I entered the house. I spotted Doo Joon in the kitchen, so I enter.

"What are you cooking?"I asked, peering over his shoulder.

"I'm boiling water for Ji Hyo and cooking my dinner. is sore and whenever she speaks it's scratchy."

I nodded."My brother says they're in Busan."

Doo Joon nodded."The water's ready."He poured the hot water into the mug."Bring it up to her and help her drink it."

I nodded, bringing it upstairs with me.

I opened the door, seeing Ji Hyo covered up with blankets on the bed, sleeping. She looked like a cacoon. I sat on the edge of the bed and set the mug on the desk that was beside her bed. 

I scanned her angelic face. It made me smile. My hand reached up to her burning forehead.

"Ya, Ji Hyo-ah, wake up,"I soothingly called.

Her eyes slowly opened to my call, staring at me. She gave me a light smile.

I smiled back."Good morning, Ji Hyo-ah. Is your throat still sore?"She nodded. I helped her sit up. I took the mug. It was still hot, so i blew on it, so she wouldn't burn her lips. The hotness of the water lessened, and I helped her drink it. I could hear her gulps from the water. She finished her drink. I set the mug back on the desk."How's your throat feeling now?"

She gave me another light smile."Warm,"she quietly says.

I pecked her forehead, even though it was still burning."Do you wanna go downstairs?"

She nodded. I helped her out of bed. My arm wrapped around her waist, and I guided her downstairs.