Ch. 7

Living From a Rose

Yey!! Hyunseungie's birthday!!!! 오빠 생일축하요! I wasn't sure whether to update today or tomorrow, since right now is September 2 in America, while it is September 3 in Korea. I guess I'll update it today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OPPA!!


Yo Seob's POV

I held Ji Hyo close to me, never letting her go. Since our faces were inches apart, we stared into each other's eyes. I noticed her red cheeks. My eyes laid on her soft pink lips. I wanted to lean into them. I wanted to kiss her.

Ji Hyo-ah, I think I fell in love with you.

My instincts told me to move closer and I did. My lips were almost touching hers. Our lips brushed a little.

Suddenly, Ji Hyo pulled herself away, straightning herself up. I did as well. What did I almost do? I noticed her blushing cheeks. She looked cute.

"U-um...can you call if Junhyung and Dongwoon came home yet? I-I'm feeling a little thirsty,"she stuttered.

I nodded, fishing for my phone in my pocket.

Man...if she didn't pull away, we could've actually kiss.

Junhyung's POV

Ki Kwang came back from making sure that Doo Joon was with Hyunseung, distracting him.

I thought of Yo Seob and Ji Hyo. I sighed. To be honest, I'm jealous. I wanted to be paired up with Ji Hyo. One, I fell in love with her at first sight. She was the only one girl who attracted me towards her. I could tell she was different from the other girls.

My phone started ringing. I took my phone out, checking it. Yo Seob was calling me. I picked it up."Yeah?"

"Hey, you're back, right?"

"Yeah, what is it?"

"Hey, can you water the rose? Ji Hyo is feeling thirsty."

I walked to the kitchen, getting water "Arraseo. Where are you and Ji Hyo?"I went to the rose and poured water on it."Hurry and come home. Ask Ji Hyo if she's still thirsty."

"Arraseo. Ji Hyo-ah, are you good?"I heard her voice in the background but couldn't tell what she said."She says gwenchana. Anneyong, hyung!"He hung up.

Ji Hyo's POV

We came home. During our walk home, we were silent. As we entered the house, we began decorating with what we bought. Yo Seob and Dongwoon blew up the balloons. They kept on creating high pitch voices.

I finished putting the banner up. Now, I had to wrap Hyunseung's present. Good thing I bought it back at the store. I went up to my room and started wrapping his present.

Yo Seob's POV

I kept on thinking of what Ji Hyo and I almost did back at the store.

"Hyung! Wear this!"Dongwoon gave me a birthday hat and he wore his.

I wore mine. I saw Ji Hyo coming downstairs. I got a birthday hat and headed towards her. I put it on for her. I could see her blush again.

I stepped back to get two other hats."Now, we only need Junhyung and Ki Kwang."I gave an evil grin.

I went away from her. I tackled Junhyung and Ki Kwang, forcing them to wear it.

Doo Joon's POV

I was distracting Hyunseung by going to the arcade. Junhyung started calling me. I picked it up.

"Is it ready?"I whispered.

"Yep."

"Arraseo. We're coming ."I hung up.

I turned to Hyunseung. I yawned, stretching my arms out."I'm tired. Let's go home, Hyunseung."Before he could refuse, I led him out of the arcade, guiding him to my house, since I told him that he left his jacket there. Of course, he believed me.

We opened the door and was greeted by a surprise.

Hyunseung's POV

We entered the house. Ki Kwang and Dongwoon started spraying the streamer strings everywhere. They all started singing Happy Birthday to me. Yo Seob forced me to wear a birthday hat that I couldn't refuse to take off.

Ji Hyo walked towards me, holding a white cake with blue and gold stars around it. The candles around the happy birthday, and my name was blazing.

"Make a wish, oppa,"she said.

I obeyed.

I wish we can fulfill our dreams on becoming a boy group, BEAST.

I blew the candles.

"What's your wish, hyung?"Dongwoon asked.

"Hmm...can't tell you, but it involves with our future though."

We happily ate the cake and opened the presents.

Ji Hyo's POV

It was almost 10:00. Dongwoon went home because it was late and passed his curfew. Hyunseung went home so he and his family can celebrate his birthday. Ki Kwang was taking a shower since he was sleeping over. Junhyung was taking a nap on the couch. Doo Joon, Yo Seob, and I were cleaning up from the party. Yo Seob and I were cleaning in the living room.

Unexpectedly, our hands touched from trying to pick the same trash. We stared at each other, not saying a single word, probably because we were sill awkward from before.

I let go of the trash that we were both holding onto.

Swiftly, he grabbed my hand back, interlocking our hands together.

I look at the sleeping Junhyung on the couch. Then, I looked back at Yo Seob."O-oppa..."I tried to free my hands from his.

"I like you, Ji Hyo."It took me seconds to process what he said. I was flustered and blushing for no reason."I haven't finished what we were doing back at the store."I was about to get up, but he pulled me towards him.

Our lips met. Heat crept up my cheeks. I could feel his soft lips against mine. His other hand held the back of my head, pulling me closer to him. I kept on squeezing onto his hand that was interlocked with mine. 

The strangest thing is that I didn't struggle or pull myself away. I enjoyed it.

I think Doo Joon's going to be mad...