Tensions Rise but Loves more important

Unexpected coincidence

"Okay Amber, please settle yourself onto the table and raise your top. We are going to do a quick scan and then talk about our options and the other tests we have run." He directed her to the patient table in the corner of the room. "Jiyong oppa?" Amber questioned as she felt Jackie lead her to the table. Jiyong left the seat he had taken and held her hand. "You can't get rid of me that easily. You could never ruin me unless you truly didn't want Me." he whispered gently as he helped her onto the bed table. "Wonderful, just pull your top up and we will have a look at the babies." The doctor got the ultrasound ready and Jiyong moved to stand next to Jackie. "Thank you" He whispered again to Jackie, he felt her squeeze his hand in reassurance. "Don't mess this up."

"Okay, here we go. There is the first baby, on the left. Lovely strong heartbeat, they're a little big considering but that’s good if they're a multiple. Let’s have a look at the twins." He moved the ultrasound sensor on her stomach. "Three? We are having triplets?" Jiyong asked confused. "You didn't know?" The doctor asked confused. Amber spoke for the first time. "I have been away for quite a while and didn't want to worry him. He is a busy man." She understood whilst at the doctors she would have to play along until they could talk properly. "Well yes, you will be having triplets. And there you are that’s the twins a little bit smaller than the single but a good size for the gestation. Lovely heartbeats both of them. Would you like copies of the ultrasounds?" He asked wiping up Ambers stomach. "Yes." "Yes!" Amber and Jiyong answered at the same time. "Alrighty I'll make a few copies for you both and your parents, if you just pop down and we will talk about the other issues."

Jiyong left Jackie’s side to assist Amber again holding her gently as she hopped down from the table. "I've missed you." He whispered again before kissing her forehead and letting her go. Amber felt a rush of guilt plague her and Jiyong let her go. "So as we have said you are having triplets. One of the major problems was Amber has been Anaemic since her teenage years. How has the high Iron diet helping?" The doctor obviously wanted to start on a gentle path into the horrors which Amber knew about. "It's been going well, I have some small dizzy spells but sometimes I believe it to be dehydration." The doctor hummed at her answer. "I need you to make a diary of what you are eating; also not any times you have a dizzy spell we need to be very careful. Okay now we are past the point of a safety evacuation of one or more of the babies to better Amber’s chances. However we still have hope. At the moment if we plan to delivery slightly early than normal we could raise Ambers Survival rates."

Jiyong looked in despair, he had seen the creation of his beautiful children and now they were discussing how likely it will be he loses the love of his life. "How early would you want to deliver?" Jiyong asked knowing Ambers priorities were the babies. "Because you are having Triplets, your gestation period is usually shortened. However we feel delivering around 32 weeks should be safe enough for the children and give Amber a better chance of not bleeding out. However if at any point Amber does bleed out we will have an operation room prepped and ready to take her in straight away for emergency surgery." Jiyong automatically took Ambers hand in his and squeezed it. "If we delivery at 32 weeks how will it affect the babies?" Amber asked full of concern. "As you're pregnant with three babies, they are already at a point of being premature. They will possibly be premature at 32 weeks however it will be in the safety zone of the pregnancy so they could have slightly under-developed lungs. As this is a possibility we will have the peds on hand to look after the babies straight away so I can focus on taking care of you." Jackie let out a sigh of relief. "We still have quite some time before deciding, I just want to give you in my opinion the best option both for the babies and for our mummy."

 

They talked a short while longer about other possibilities and general pregnancy care before collecting their ultrasound pictures and meeting with Amber’s mother.