Chapter 7 - Cruel Fate

Almost Over You

 


Donghae's POV

It has been a week already when my family decided to migrate to the States. My mom and dad find it as a good opportunity so without having second thoughts or even asking me and my sister's opinion about it, they started arranging our papers. Ugh. I just remembered the first time they brought up this news, I was even forced to go home early right after class because my mom suddenly called for a meeting (which by the way must be complied without complain or else you have to face her wrath). Making my Santokki wait for me only to be disappointed. Awh. My poor bunny.

Honestly, I really don't like moving out from here. In fact, I hate it but I can't do anything, can I? I'm simply just a freshman college student at the moment. Waah. I hate being this helpless.

Just the thought of leaving Dara behind kills me. Why is this happening? All along, I've always pictured myself spending my entire life by her side. 'Cause you know, of course at a certain point of our lives, I'll have all the courage and the chance to confess my love for her and ask her for marriage. But now, it'll all become like a shattered dream.

Will I even have the chance to tell her how much she means to me? How much I wanted to be with her everyday, to be someone she can always depend on, to treasure her forever, to constantly make her feel loved? Will I? What a cruel fate this is!

Eversince we were kids, she became my light. She'd never fail to make me see the brighter side of the things in life. I am really a pessimistic type of person before. I usually give up easily but she'd always encouraged me to be stronger and she'd always showed me that eventually, things will be less burdensome and that it can get better in time. You see, I've  learned a lot from her. And, she's like a ray of sunshine that suddenly made its way to my darkened world. So imagine what would happen to me when I lost my very source of light? It's like lungs that are deprived of air, heart that gradually lost its power or eyes that slowly consumed by blindness.

It's unbearable. I'm so weak and hopeless. Why?! I can't even tell her this matter yet because I'm afraid that she'll be mad or she'll get sad and that will just make things worst for me. I just wanted to spend my remaining days here with her. Seeing her smile, seeing her happy.

What am I suppose to do? Tell me, please. I don't wanna be apart from her.

Today, I won't be attending any of my classes because my parents obliged me to organize my papers and process it personally. Making me missed another day with my precious Dara. I even promised her yesterday that we will try the cupcakes from the newly opened store across the campus but, with much frustrations, I can't fufill that promise today. I'm so sure that she's disappointed right now and probably pouting. Ugh. I just hope no one will be able to see her in that state because, like what I've told you, she's the cutest when she makes that face.

I'll just call her right away when I finish doing what I need to do here. Because, seriously, I won't let this day pass where I didn't even get the chance to hear her voice.

Waaaah. So frustrating!


Dara's POV

At times like this, I really miss my best friend, Hae. I just wish he was here right now so that I can have a clearer mind and I can have a hug.

Staring outside the window while the class is ongoing, I kept on thinking about my Donghae. Why must he be absent at a time like this? Ugh. That fish! I'll punish him when I see him. He better prepare himself. Hmph!

But, you know, lately, Hae's kinda troubled and sad over something. I don't know why but I have this feeling that he's keeping something from me. I hate it when he does that. I mean, I am his bestfriend, right? He could just tell me anything because no matter what happens, I won't leave him. Tsk.

To tell you honestly, my life would be so boring if I hadn't met Donghae. Even before we started being friends, he has already put another shade of color into my life. Yeah, we argue a lot back then. We often told one another how much hate we have for each other and we always plan to ruin each other's day. But, since then, it unexpectedly made me more determined to attend school everyday just to pissed him off and see his irritated face. Haha. That's why when I first saw him cry, I really can't take it. I know I just have to comfort him.

Well, he might not know this and I might not be bold enough to tell him but he is very important to me. I consider him one of my strengths in life. He always understands how I feel and always has the time to listen at my endless dramas and he patiently endures me. He sometimes amazes me by how he managed to handle the weird side of me. Hae's been there for me through the good and bad times and I would be the most willing person to be there for him althroughout also.

I don't even entertain the idea that someday, we'll live our separate ways because I would never ever want that to happen. He's my best friend and he must stay with me forever, right? Ugh. Sorry. I was just being so selfish but honestly, I earnestly prayed every night that our friendship would last forever and that we'll be both happy always.

Waaah. That fish makes me sentimental all of a sudden. I'll contact him right after my classes and let him know how disappointed I am with him today for ditching our plan to taste those cupcakes. Hmph!


A/N:

Sorry for the super late update. T__T
Work has demanded much of my time so I didn't get to write more. I'm so sorry.

This chapter will be one of my favorite. You see, I really like Donghae. Sorry. >.<
 

But, thank you, guys for still supporting me and encouraging me. I know I've said I'll post 3 updates but my day was busier than I thought so, please bear with me. Mianhe~

Also, thank you, unniesenpai and dongkebin for your comments. It makes me happy.

 

Keep shining, darlings! <3 :*