Chapter 19 - Boring

Almost Over You


Jiyong decided to skip school after following Donghae turned Dara in the hospital. He knew he involved himself with Dara more than he wanted to. He just lied to TOP but why? He himself wasn't even sure why he did but a part of him tells him to have the situation kept for himself. He wanted to have something about Dara for himself, something he doesn't want Seungri and TOP to know about her.

He doesn't even understand himself. He had followed them with only her safety on his mind.

After she got transfered to a room, he patiently waited for an opportunity to check her himself. Just then, he saw Donghae leave after the doctor told him that there's nothing to worry about. That's when he sneaked in and quietly entered her room. He saw her lying calmly on the bed. He took small steps to get a closer look. Relief run down his system after seeing her peaceful and pretty sleeping face. He noticed that there's now color to her pale face from before. He felt happy that she's okay. A small smile escaped his lips. He suddenly wanted to know who the other guy is and what was his business with Dara. All along, he thought that Dara was strong but it never occured to him that she was this fragile, too. It makes him want to protect her from that guy unknowingly.

Dara stirred in her sleep. Jiyong panicked, unable to move. Fortunately, she did'nt wake up. With a sigh, Jiyong quietly left the room and aimlessly go straight home.

 

His mind was a mess. He keeps thinking about what he had witnessed.

Who was that guy? What did he do to Dara? Why was Donghae so mad at him? Why does Donghae always have to be there for her in the right time? Why am I even bothered? Will she be okay? When will I see her again? Why did I lie to TOP hyung? Why do I get hurt for not being able to protect her? What is she to me? Why am I thinking about all these?

Jiyong had the longest night in his life. He doesn't even feel sleepy at all. He wondered what was she doing at this point of time and if she was still with Donghae.


BOM's POV

 

I got a call from Donghae that he took Dara in the hospital because she suddenly fainted but he assured me that she's fine and that she's now at home. He told me that Jaejoong went to her house demanding her for a talk. I knew it was trouble the moment he mentioned that bastard's name. I resent that guy! I may haven't been there when Dara met him and when he broke her heart but the moment Dara told me their story, I know and feel that she went through a lot of pain just to move on from him. And, now, he appeared out of nowhere? To ruin Dara's life again?! Well, not on my watch! I cannot let him hurt Dara again.

Why does this happen now? Not when Donghae will soon be leaving us. Why do things got harder for our beloved Dara?

I am worried about her. I bet Donghae's still not gonna tell her about him leaving. That will add load to her sadness don't you think? What am I suppose to do?

Ugh. I feel so useless right now. All I can do is to wait until tomorrow and see them both well.

This news got all my energy drained. Well, I have the same class as my crush today. I was so happy and giddy that time at school and I honestly can't wait to tell Dara about him, not knowing that she was rushed to the hospital that same time. I guess I'll tell her when things get better.


Donghae took Dara home. He told Dara's mom that she just passed out maybe from being too ill. He skipped the part where Jaejoong appreared to not make her mom worry too much. Although he wanted to stay, Dara kept on insisting that he should go home and take a rest himself because she was now okay. Even it is against his will, he complied.

Dara was silent the moment she was alone on her room. The memories of Jaejoong and her together filled her mind. She was so happy back then. She was so in love. She thought they were perfect and that they'll be forever but she was wrong. Just as much as she has loved Jaejoong, the pain he caused was far more greater. With him barging on her door today, stirred a lot of feelings inside her. Feelings that she wouldn't want to feel anymore but not quite can forget. How come that just by him saying her name makes her feel the pain she thought she had overcome? Why does he have to be back and want to make amends?

A tear fell on her cheek. She remembered Donghae. She was grateful that he was there. She thought that she was so lucky to have him as her best friend and realized she can't afford to be without someone like him.

This day has consumed her and her body gives in to rest. She closed her eyes and fell sound asleep.


CL's POV

 

I hope Dara-unnie will be present at school today. I decided to pass by at Jiyong oppa's house and fetch him to school. As soon as I knocked on the door, he came immediately and opened it. He was all prepared for school, too. And there I was thinking that he was probably still asleep. He clearly doesn't look right today. The bags under his eyes conveys that sleep didn't visited him last night.

"What happen to you, oppa?" I asked.

"What? I'm fine."

"It doesn't look like you are. Did you even sleep last night?"

"Yeah, I guess. What brings you here so early in the morning?" he asked.

"Well, I was thinking of going to school together. I thought you're still under your sheets that it surprised me to see you so dressed up already this early. Haha." I teased.

"Shut up." He closed the door and headed out the door leaving me behind.

"Hey! Wait up! You're so grumpy. What happen?"

"Nothing." he nonchalantly respond.

"You sure? If it was really nothing, why would you even bother to be this prepared so early?"

"I just wanted to walk to school without having any concerns of being late for class."

"Okay. Whatever. By the way hyung, you met my new friend, Dara-unnie, right?"

He turned his head to face me so fast I swear I heard his bones cracking. What is up with this man? When he realized his sudden reaction, he slowly bowed his head and look down. Again, what is up with him? Too sensitive this early.

"Yeah. What about it?" he asked with a trace of curiosity lacing his question while we keep walking our way to school.

"Well, I am worried about her. She didn't attend class yesterday. I don't even have her number to asked her if she was okay or what, why she was absent. Then, I bumped into someone who said that he's in a hurry to go to Dara's. I don't know if it was the same Dara but it had me more worried than I actually was. What if it was the same Dara? Or do you think she realized that she was also scared of me just like the others and decided to avoid me?" I sadly asked that last question more to myself.

There was a long pause before Jiyong oppa managed to sigh. I looked at him. He was in deep thought. Clearly, he is not himself today. I bumped him slightly and gestured him to answer or respond. He looked at me before sighing again and look straight ahead.

"I heard that she was sick. Maybe that's why she didn't attend school yestesday. Don't overthink, Chaerin. That girl is different from others and I think she isn't the type to throw away friends just like that."

I pondered on what oppa said. I guess he's right. Afterall, Dara-unnie is truly unique.

"Why do you sound as if you know her more than I do? Who's her friend here again? And why didn't you tell me that she was sick?! I could've visited her or do something. You're so unfair, oppa." I stubbornly stomp my feet.

I expected him to laugh or something but there was nothing but silence. He was back to thinking deeply. There's definitely something up with him. I decided to let him be. We quietly walked to school.

After a while, I broke the silence. "I am hoping to see Dara unnie today and hope that she's feeling better now."

"Yeah, me, too." He whispered but I still managed to hear it clearly.

"Pardon?" I intend to make him repeat what he said but fail when he dismissed it and said nothing.

So grumpy!


Seungri noticed that something's off  with Jiyong today. He has been quiet the whole day. Same thing with TOP.

They were having their lunch at the school's cafeteria. He exchanges glances with Youngbae and Daesung but the two just put the load on him to break the ice. He gulped.

"What a fine weather, right, TOP hyung?" he tried so hard to sound cheerful but eventually failed when TOP just blankly stared at him for a moment and back on eating his food. He looked again to the two guys and saw that Daesung was pointing Jiyong with his lips, implying Seungri to engage Jiyong into a conversation. He gulped again, regretting being the maknae in the group.

"This sandwhich is so delicious, right, Jiyong hyung?" he carefully watched Jiyong and waited for a response but there was none.

"Aisht!!! What is up to you, two?!" Seungri can't hold in any longer.

Both TOP and Jiyong answered, "What?"

Unable to bear the situation, Seungri stood and left. Daesung and Taeyang looked at each other and decided to follow Seungri. "Yah! Rat!!! Wait for us!", leaving the two other two on the table.

"What is up with them?" Jiyong asked looking at their retreating backs.

"I don't know. Anyway, Jiyong, I've been meaning to ask you this. Til where were you able to follow Donghae yesterday?"

Cold sweat started forming on Jiyong's forehead. He surely can't look on TOP's eyes because it would be hard keeping the lie.

"It was just til the end of the road going to the east side, hyung. I'm really sorry. There was this minor road accident that caused traffic, making me unable to keep him in sight." he managed to answer.

"Oh, I see."

"Who was that guy, hyung? Why did you suddenly want to follow him?" Jiyong tried to asked TOP.

"That guy's Donghae, Siwon's friend. I just have something to ask him but he got off." TOP didn't want to tell Jiyong that it involves Sandara because he knew that he's interested in her, too, without him telling.

They avoided looking at each other. Both keeping something unknown to the other.

"Well, I gotta go back to glass, hyung. I'll leave first." 

TOP decided to stay a bit more before heading to his class, too.


There was still no presence of Dara today at school. But, there's also no trace of Donghae either. This didn't skip on Jiyong's radar or even on TOP's.

 

Earlier that day, Dara was about to prepare for school but was surprised to see Donghae at their house sitting at the couch as if waiting for her to go out her room.

"Good morning, Ssandara!" He greeted her with all smiles.

"What are you doing here?" Dara countered.

"Well, just as what I've thought - you will stubbornly head to school today, aren't you?"

"Ahm...yes? And, I don't see the problem in that." she answered trying to sound reasonable.

"Auntie! She insists on going to school." Donghae called out to Dara's mom.

Dara's eyes widen while looking to Donghae's proud look.

"Dara, I think Donghae here is right. We need to be sure. You have to rest at least for another day. Don't force yourself, honey." her mom lectured with concern.

Dara hanged open and looked at the culprit who's acting so smug, nodding here and there like an idiot. When her mom turned and headed to the kitchen, Dara quickly run to Donghae and had him head-locked.

"Try to make a sound and I'll punish you, stinky fish!"

"Aaauunnn.." Donghae was about to call Dara's mom again when Dara covered his mouth and pulled him inside her room, throwing him inside.

Dara closed the door and face the laughing hyena.

"What do you think you're doing? You look stupid. YAH! Stop laughing!"

"You're face is so funny, I can't control it."

"Boh?? Come here you little sneaky fish!"

She wrestled him on her bed but he managed to get back to her by tickling her.

After a while, they both fell on their back and laugh at each other.

"You seem better. I'm glad." Donghae said while looking at Dara on his side.

"I am better so I don't see why you wanted me to take another day to rest." She said and looked at Hae, smiling.

For a split second, when their eyes met, Donghae's heart skip a beat. He suddenly sprang up and sat on the bed while she remained lying. He can feel the heat in his face.

"What do you have in store today, fish? Just so you know, you skip you're classes, too."

Relieved that Dara changed the mood, "I actually don't have any plans. I just wanted to make sure that you won't sneak out and go to school today. Hahaha."

"What?? You're boring!" Dara teased.

"No, I'm not. Hahaha. Is there something you want to do? Instead of going to school.." he asked looking at her who's still lying down the bed.

Dara got up and face him. "Take me the amusement park."

"That's too tiresome. You'll end up getting sick again." he reasoned out.

She shake her legs showing annoyance. "You're impossible!"

"Hahahaha. You're childish. What about I take you to the beach?" he teased.

"What? We'll probably catch a cold."

"So, what are we gonna do?"

"Let's just take a walk in the park." she suggested.

Donghae rolled his eyes at her. "Who's boring now?"


A/N:

Yey for double update! 

Again, thanks for keeping up with me and with my looooooong hiatus.

What do you think about the story? Hehe. Stay in touch because DaraGons moments will be much sweeter than all those DaraHae's. Afterall, this is a DG ff. Hahaha.

I'll try and update again soon. Hope you'll still be there.

Keep on shining, Darlings! <3