Chapter 20 - Winner!

Almost Over You

Dara's POV

 

It's been a long day. I recall what we've done today as I lay on my bed. Donghae's so funny as ever! He keeps on messing around. We went to the park and we played as if we were still five-year old kids. He rode the swing as I pushed him. The funny thins was Donghae was afraid of heights. So, guess what I did? I pushed the swing with my full strength, taking him higher, making him scream his lungs out. Oh my gosh! His face was hilarious! Even up to now, just remembering his reaction makes me puke from too much laughter. I've prolonged his agony for about 10 minutes because that's what best friends do. I can never forget how pale his face has become and how wobbly his knees were. He's so funny! Oh my Donghae ~ he's a breathe in my gloomy world.

But the little demon in him urged him to make me pay back! After regaining strength, he suddenly dashed to where I was standing and chased me. I run as fast as I can just to put more distance between us but he was faster than me. So unfair! I shrieked as he caught me, grabbing my waist from behind. He then carried me like a sack of potato in his shoulder. Imagine the humiliation! The people around us hanged their mouths open as they gawked at us. I tried to wiggled free from his hold but his grip got stronger.

"Oh, you're not going anywhere, The rabbit needs to be punished because she's been a bad bunny."

He run with all his might as I tightly closed my eyes at the same time. The next thing I know, cold water was splashed on my face and body, making me scream. The demon took me to the popping fountains! It's where children play during summer. He carefully laid me down on my feet as we both get drenched with cold water. It's like fireworks of waiter coming from the ground. He gingerly watched me before laughing like a hyena that he is!

"Fiiiiisssshhhhhh!!!!!!!"

He already run off and I began chasing him but he continued laughing his heart's out when the water suddenly sprang up, splashing directly on my face. I swear that fountain was teaming up with Donghae.

We continuously chased each other until we're too soaked and too tired from too much laughter.

We slumped on the park's bench and looked at each other before laughing again.

"You look so stupid." I teased.

"Yeah? You should be looking at yourself as well. You are beyond hilarious! Hahaha." he countered.

"Aish! You!"

"Hahahahaha.."

 

After we finally stopped all the teasing, we finally decided to walked our way home letting the sun and the wind dry our soaked clothes.

"I wish we could always be like this, Dara."

"Don't say that as if you'll suddenly disappear." I teased but he suddenly stopped walking and looked at me meaningfully. I slowly felt scared with the way he looked at me. 

"What?" I asked, slightly afraid that he would actually tell me that he'll really disappear. He smiled at me but it didn't reached his eyes.

"Nothing..." he said as he offered me his hand. I willingly put my hand over his then he gripped it tightly making me run with him again. We reached home in no time.

 

We separately took shower and changed clothes. I lend him my dad's old stuffs. Then, we enjoyed some hot choco I made as we slouched on the sofa and watched my favorite K-drama.

I feel so comfortable with Donghae that I don't see it awkward to lean my head on his shoulder, use his clothes as tissue whenever I cry as I watched the drama. He would just shake off this head and eventually get the tissue for me and make weird faces as if his annoyed. He's like a family to me. I'm so used to having him around. But, his stare he gave off earlier keeps on bothering me. I just focused on watching the drama. I didn't realized I fell asleep.

Then, I remembered him putting the blanket over me. I carefully opened my eyes and focused on his face.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"It's okay. I'm used to this. You're always like this, you know." he teased and rolled his eyes.

I smiled at him and sat up, rubbing the sleepiness off my eyes.

"You should head home now. Your mom is probably worried. You even skipped school today." I told him.

"I just want to be sure that you're really okay, Dara."

"I'm fine. Oh, you should eat dinner first before you go."

I got up and went to the kitchen to prepare something. We ate dinner as we both recalled what happened the entire day, laughing at our own expense.

 

Later, I sent him off outside and waved good bye.

"Bye, Dara! I had so much fun. Don't forget to drink your medicines!"

"Yeah, yeah. You've reminded me about that a hundred times already. Be careful on your way home. Send your mom my regards!"

"Sure. See you tomorrow!"

"Yeah. See you! Text me when you got home, arasso?"

"Neh, ahjumma! Hahaha"

I pretend to throw a punch in the air towards him. He just smiled and turned his back on me.

I watched as he walked farther and farther from me, making me feel something weird. Like, he would be really be far away from me leaving me with just memories.

 

And now, I'm left here on my bed alone. My mom's already asleep on the next room. She's tired from work but she's concerned as much as Donghae was, reminding me also to take my meds.

I keep thinking about how much I enjoyed Donghae's company. I just wish that I can keep him forever with me.

I closed my eyes and let myself drift to sleep.


Donghae's POV

 

As I head home, I can't get off my chest the happiness I feel whenever I'm with Dara. It feels like everything was in their perfect place, feels like everybody fades out and even the world stopped spinning. I desperately wished that time had stopped right there as I drown into her beautiful eyes. I can't properly even describe this feelings as if words aren't enough to compensate with how she made this day the very reason why I even exist. But reality keeps creeping in my head and I can't ignore the fact that even this blissful feeling couldn't change the part where I am about to leave her behind, that I am forcefully gonna be out of the picture sooner or later.

I ended up sighing as if my life depended in it.

I continued walking home, no plans to ride a bus or take a cab. Just wanna let all this feelings sink in with the warm breeze of the wind against my skin.

When I reached home, a certain man was standing at our doorway. He looked like he waited for me there longer because he's somehow feeling cold and looking pale now.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?"

He looked up and I somehow recognize him. But what is he doing here?

"Donghae right?"

"Yeah. What do you want?"

"I need to ask you something."


The next day, as what everybody was anticipating, Dara was back at school.

Her friends were all worried for her especailly Bom.

As soon as she laid eyes to Dara, she immediately run to her and engulfed her into a big hug.

"Yah! How could you let me worry like that?" she whined.

She gently let go and Dara just smiled at her.

"How are you? Are you feeling better now? Donghae told me he brought you to the hospital. I've also heard about that bastard showing up like that. How are you, really? Tell me honestly." Bom said with worried eyes.

"I'm fine and I'm just thankful that Donghae was there. Who knows, I might have been dead meat by then. Haha."

"Don't take this as a joke Dara. Seriously, are you okay?"

They head straight to their class with Bom trying to make Dara spill the beans. She wants her to at least let her feelings out loud. She knew that she's still hurting in some way and she also knew that another pain is yet to come when it will be revealed to her that Donghae, her best friend, will be leaving soon. As much as possible, she felt the need to let Dara open up to her and feel comfort when things gets worse. She may not give her the ease that Donghae can but she sure is willing to stay by her side when things get really painful for her.

Dara genuinely smiled at her. "Bom, I'm fine. I promise. Maybe I needed this. Maybe that was supposed to happen. Maybe I have to be reminded of all the pain. I don't know. But, really, I'm fine and I'm very grateful to have friends like you and Donghae. I can feel how much I mean to you. Thank you."

"Please don't say something like that! I'm nearly crying. See? The tears are coming. I'm just glad that you're okay and you're here now. You missed so many quizzes and lectures. Aish. So, here. Even if I'm not really into jotting down notes, I've tried my best to give you this."

She pass a notebook to Dara and Dara suspiciously open and scan it. Then, she slightly laughed.

"WHAT?!" Bom asked pretending to be surprised, making her eyes big as a puppy, acting innocent.

"I don't think our professors would scribble something like this on the board. This is full of scribbles! Haha. This is so you." she teased.

"I get bored easily so I have to keep my mind busy by doodling. But, look! Isn't this cute? Hahaha."

"Yeah, it's weird but it's cute. Thanks, Bom. For this. For everything." But then, Dara caught something scribbled underneath the paper.

"Youngbae? Hmm...sounds interesting." She looked at Bom teasingly and the later blushed.

"Oh, I think someone needs to tell me something."

"What? Who?" She averted her gaze but Dara is persistently asking her who's name was that. She tried her best to ignore her and change the topic but she's too determined to know. Just then, the bell rang and their professor entered their room. Bom immediately faced Dara and stick her tongue out then laughed at her defeated face.

Dara mouthed, "You're dead later."


TOP's POV

 

I seriously am deprived today. There's still no trace of my angel this morning - my Sandara. Speaking of, I would like to take this opportunity to rant about someone's stupid phone call that ruined everything. It's my coach. That geezer!

If you may not ask, I'll gladly tell you that I am actually our campus' most awesome baseball player. HAH! You didn't expect that, did you? Well, lately I've been missing practice and the old man constantly convince me to attend one. You see, I was so busy researching about more important stuff - Sandara related stuff, that I purposely skip all our team's practice and that's what makes the geezer super mad. He was able to contact my mom and report to her everything. What a bum! My mom is seriously scary and can drain all this awesomeness in me so, I've promised to attend our practice and never skipped again. You can now picture what happened in there, the time where I intend to follow that Donghae guy. The old man called and I cannot simply ignore it. Ugh. He's so annoying.

Oh, if I may add, I have this feeling that Jiyong is hiding something from me. Something that happened that very day. Hmmm... I wonder if he really was caught in a traffic jam or what. He's not good in lying and as I've said before, I know she have a thing for that girl, too. He can be cold and mysterious to others but I simply know him. I know him better.

Moving on, I'm so hungry today. Right after one class, we already have a baseball practice! Imagine that! So early to grind up, so early to see our coach's annoying wrinkled face! This makes me deprived even more. I need to re-charge and boost up my awesomeness. I head to our campus canteen and I am never this happy to see her there, looking as angelic as ever! She's back! Sandara's here! I almost shrieked with joy like a little girl and I bet my eyes twinkled more than the little stars can even twinkle. I feel re-charged already and my awesomeness is flowing wildly in my veins. Wow! Is this what you call love? 

I'm about to go straight to her when someone hugged me and stopped me. The urge to kill is so strong. I looked down and see the rat's face.

"Hyuuuuung~"

I felt disgusted. What is it with Seungri that makes my blood boil into annoyance. I pushed him hardly and give him 'the look'. I quickly turn my gaze and see where my angel was but...she wasn't there anymore. I scan the whole canteen but I can't see any trace of her. The urge to kill is stronger now. I laid my eyes on the culprit of ruining my day. He seemed unperturbed. Oh, he's dead! I slowly approached him and he began to run. He was quick enough to escape his death but I will surely get back to him.

My stomach growled and I remember how hungry I was. Ugh.

Anyway, it's nice to know that she's back. I wonder if Jiyong already saw her. 


 

"Waaaaaaaah! Unniiiiiieeeee!!!! Dara unnie!! ~" CL squealed.

Just like Bom, she ran towards her but unlike Bom, she doesn't know if it's okay for her to hug Dara. She seemed hesitant. She stopped right before her. She looked at her longingly. She can't hide that she's relieved and happy to see her.

"How are you, Unnie? Can I get your number?? Please? I was worried sick. I don't even have your number to at least text you or contact you and ask you where were you. I wanted to know if you were okay or if something happen to you." she said breathlessly.

CL saw how surprised Dara was. She suddenly felt guilty. Why is she acting as if they were really that close. Why is she bombarding and demanding her to let her know.

After she realized it, she looked down and apologize but Dara embraced her. Her eyes widen.

"I should be the one apologizing, Chaerin. I'm sorry I wasn't around for two days. But don't worry. I'm here now."

Dara smiled at CL who looked too stunned. She tapped her gently and CL burst into tears. Now, Dara was the one who's startled. But CL quickly wiped away her tears. She insist while sniffing, "Can I get your number, unnie?". Without hesitation, Dara typed her digits at the girl's hand phone.

"Thanks, unnie! Here, I'll ring you up so you can save mine as well." Chaerin's now smiling.

"Sure. Let's go! We'll be late for class."

They quietly sit side to side during their entire class, giggling about random things.


After class, Dara head to her favorite spot at school - the back gate, waiting for Donghae and Bom but someone unexpected turned out to be waiting for her there.

"Hi!" he chirped, flashing her his most charming smile.

"Hello" she shyly answered, confused how did he found out about this place.

"You still remember me?"

She tried to recalled then answered, "Yeah. Seungri, right?"

He smiled widely, his mouth nearly reaching his ears.

"Yes! Yes! You remembered." He offered him his hand, smirking. In his mind, he knew that he won over his TOP hyung.

Who's more awesome now, TOP? HAHAHA *evil laugh*


A/N:

It's been so long ~

Not sure if some of you are still interested with this but yeah, here's an update!

Hopefully, I'll be more active this time. ^_^

 

BTW, Hooray for Seungri! *confetti explodes*

Thank you, Darlings, for keeping up with me. 

Saranghe ~ <3