Chapter 18 - Apples

Almost Over You


Jiyong's POV

Ugh. How boring can this day can further go? Luckily, I have a vacant hour right now. Finally, I can take a nap at the school's library.

Just as I was about to head to the school's library, I felt my phone vibrate inside my pocket. Someone's calling me. When I took it out, found out that the caller was none other than Seungrat. Speaking of that maknae, I was truly sorry for what I told him - that crazy girl already has a boyfriend when I am not sure myself. Good thing we already settled everything between us because I also cannot let Top hyung and Taeyang to intervene. Well, what could be the reason this person is calling me?

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Hyung ~"

"What?"

"Ugh. Still so grumpy. Where are you?"

"I'll go to the school's library. Why?"

"Nothing. I just miss you."

"Eww, rat. Is that it?"

"Didn't you even miss me? Why are you so cold, hyung? You don't love me anymore. Huhuhu."

"UGH. Okay, what do you want? Or should I ask, what have you done?"

"Gosh. I didn't do anything. Aisht. Seriously. Anyway, have you seen Top hyung?"

"Nah. Why?"

"Nothing. I just miss him, too."

"Gosh, Seungri. You should probably have yourself checked by some psychiarist or something. Or are you having identity crisis now? Tell me honestly. Hahaha."

"Hey, that's not funny, hyung! What's so wrong about missing you guys? Taeyang hyung said he misses me, too, you know. I can't contact Daesung hyung but I am pretty sure he misses me, too. It's just you and Top hyung that can't admit that you're also missing me."

"Oh, please. We just had lunch together a while ago. Seriously, rat! What have you done?"

"Aisht, hyungggg~ I didn't do anything."

"Okay. Okay. I'll hang up now."

"No, hyung. I'll.."

Geez! Seungri is so weird. I'll just look forward to some nap time at the library. Oh, Top hyung. Why is he shoving the people in his way?! Another weirdo.

I tried to catch up to him. He was heading to the...parking lot? But, why?

"Hyuuuuuuung!!! Top hyung!!!"

He spun around and immediately saw me. I walked to him quickly.

"Jiyong! Oh, thank gods! Jiyong!" he said panting and glancing to the other side as if searching for something."

"What's with the rush, hyung? Are you in any way involve in a fight or something? We can beat them. Where are they?" I tried looking around.

"No. No. Oh, sh*t! Jiyong, can I borrow your motorbike?" he asked in a hurry.

"Huh? What?!"

"Your motorbike! Can I borrow it? Ppali!!!"

I panicked. What? Seriously, why people are so crazy today? I blame crazy girl. This is probably her craziness spreading around. What, Jiyong?! Aisht.

"Jiyong! Ppali!! He's getting farther."

"Huh?! Who?!" We are now heading to where I parked my bike.

"That Donghae guy!"

I can't understand hyung. Why is he chasing that guy? And who the hell is Donghae?! I reached for my keys in my front pocket when his phone rang.

"AISHT!!! Jiyong, listen up. Follow that car. That black shiny car. Ring me and tell me where it headed. It's just..something urgent came up. Please??Please, Jiyong?!"

I was dumbfounded. W-H-A-T???!!! But his booming voice sent me back. "Jiyong!"

"Okay. Follow the car and inform you where it headed, Got it." I started the engine and maneuvered.

"I owe you a lot, bro. Thanks. I gotta go. Don't forget to ring me." He said while heading back to the campus.

I fastened up and soon saw the black car that Top hyung pointed. Ugh. What is this am I doing? What about the nap time? Ugh. Well, on the brighter side, at least this makes my day a little bit interesting. Who is Donghae? Why does Top hyung wants to follow him? Where is he going? Hmmm...

I tried to get closer to the car to see who Donghae was. I almost press the break. Sh*t. This guy. The guy who's always with crazy girl. How in the world does Top hyung... My mind went wild. Now, I wanna find out myself where is he heading to. What did this guy did to hyung? Or...what this guy did to crazy girl?? Because we all know that Top hyung also has a thing for that pretty girl. I mean, crazy girl.

He's now entering a village. Hmmm..village? Is he going home? What a waste if he is! He suddenly parked his car in front of a house. I kept my distance, hide and find a better view. There was another man on the front door. Seems like they are arguing.

Whoa! What the hell?! He punched the guy! Is he crazy, too? Told you crazy girl has her craziness spread out. He has beaten the guy badly. Soon, the guy left. I didn't clearly heard their conversation because of the distance. I tried to find another hiding place so that I can see better. The front door opened and I was so shocked to see crazy girl standing there looking paler than usual. Donghae rushed to her and as I my feet moved on its own, I almost got into the scene. I went back where I was hiding and saw that crazy girl is crying then he hugged her. There was yet again a pang of pain in my chest. But my heart skip a bit when I saw her lost her consciousness in his arms. WHAT? What happened to her? I am now running to get to them closer but he already carried her to his car. I quickly jumped into my motorbike and followed his car.

I was so confused. What happened to her? Who's the other guy? Why was she so pale? Is she sick? I am seriously having a mental breakdown. This is crazy. I am so worried that I am having cold sweat under the cold breeze of the wind touching my skin while following his car. I silently pray that she'll be okay. Please.

Why am I so affected?


Dara's POV

My head hurts. I slowly open my eyes then suddenly a plain white ceiling welcomed me. A strong smell of antiseptic made me feel dizzy. I got up from bed. I am surely at the hospital. I tried to recall what've happened and remembered that Jaejoong went to my house. Just by thinking about it, I can still feel the pain I kept buried in my heart for the longest time. Why would he want us back?

The door opened just to reveal a worried Donghae. I gave him a small smile.

"How are you feeling now, Dara? You had me so worried."

"Well, I feel a bit dizzy. Maybe because of this whole hospital aura. Haha. Anyway, thank you, fish. Really." And I really mean it. If Donghae wasn't there, I can't imagine what would have happened to me.

"The doctor told me not to worry too much because there was nothing to worry about but I just can't do that. You know me. If it concerns you, I definitely can't be at ease." He frowned and sit on the side of the bed.

For the nth time, I saw something in his eyes again. Something warm and comforting. You see, this is what I ignored for several years now. This specific feeling of warmth I felt whenever Donghae's being this so concerned. He never fails to make my heart happy and I don't know how he can do that and if he knew that he has this effect on me.

I slid my hands on his arm and pulled him close to me. I rest my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes letting myself be consumed in this comfort called Donghae - my Donghae.

"Aisht! What are you doing, rabbit? You can't abuse me you know." he chuckled.

"Just give me another minute will you? So grumpy. My head is still slightly hurting."

"Maybe you're hungry. I bought some fruits here. The doctor said we can go home a little later after you regained your strength."

I let go of him and let him peel the fruits for me. Why do I have this feeling that anytime now he'll not be around for me anymore? I'm feeling somewhat scared.

"Hey, Donghae! You won't ever leave me, right? Just so you know, I am a possessive and selfish friend and I don't want you leaving me ever." I pout for some added effects.

He just laughed and put the sliced apple in front of my mouth. I obediently took a bite and catch a glimpse of sadness in his eyes. But, why? I decided to ignore it because I know Donghae would always be here for me. He'll never go.


Donghae's POV

Why does she make it so hard to leave?

I silently watched her as she eat the apples. My heart ached not being able to answer her question a while ago and afraid that reality would be painful for her, too. But, what am I supposed to do? I am worried as hell for her especially now that Jaejoong appeared again in her life. What does he want? Ugh. This just makes things more complicated than it actually is right now.

I know Dara's still hurt because of that bastard and honestly, those punches I gave him was still not enough to let him feel the pain she once felt because of him. Why does he came just when I was about to be out of the picture again? Ugh. So annoying!

"Yah! What's with the scary face?" she suddenly asked making me come back to my senses.

"I was just wondering why does that jerk decided to show up again. I seriously want to punch him 'til he lay unconscious and beat the hell out of him."

She became quiet and looked away.

"He said he wanted us back but I don't know. I just don't want to feel the same pain again, Hae." she slowly looked at me with some fear in her eyes.

"Don't worry, Dara. I will not allow him to hurt you again" What a lie...I can't always be with her now, can I?

She smiled. "I know. Thank you."

She went off the bed, got closer to me and put the apple in my mouth. She pat my head and told me, "Good, boy."

"YAH! I am not your pet, you bad bunny!"

"Hahaha. Let's go home, fish."


Jiyong's phone rang. It was TOP.

He suddenly remembered that he was suppose to call him as he was told to.

"Hello? Jiyong! Were you able to follow Donghae?" was TOP's first words.

There was a short pause before he answered.

"I'm sorry, hyung. I lost track of him along the way. Sorry."

"Is that so? Oh, well. I'm sorry if it has been a bother but thank you, bro. I owe you one."

"Sure, hyung. Sorry tho'."

"It's fine. Thanks, Ji."

The other line went dead.

I'm sorry for lying, TOP hyung.


A/N:

This is short but I will update another chapter later.

Thanks to my new subcribers and to those who still want to read the story.

PS: I really like Donghae so I'm sorry. Just give him some moment, please. He'll be gone on the next chaps so...spare him. Jebal ~

Anyway, why did Jiyong lie???