Chapter 10 - Cupcake

Almost Over You


Dara was impatiently waiting for the class to finish. She repeatedly checked the wall clock now and then, unconsciously tapping her feet on the floor.

'I never thought 5 minutes was this long. Ugh! Please. Please, school bell. Ring! Ring now!!!' she was screaming inside.

A minute has passed but Dara was at the end of her patience.

'Why are you not cooperating, eh?' she asked the clock inwardly.

Tik-tok, tik-tok...

"Ugh. This is hopeless." she sighed, feeling dejected and sad. She rested her chin on her left hand and stared blankly at the professor who's talking non-stop.

She's now beginning to feel sleepy when suddenly...

Rrrrrrrrrrrng!!! Rrrrrrrrrrrng!!!

When the school bell finally rang, Dara sprinted out of the classroom without forgetting to bow to the professor before reaching the door.

"Yey!!! Yummy cupcakes, wait for me!" she happily cheered.

She ran her way to their hang out place, excited to see her bestfriend.

 

Upon reaching their place, she immediately paced near the person resting his back on the tree whose eyes were closed. She stomped her feet and crossed her arms. She looked at the guy who just opened his eyes and she pouted.
 

"Hi, Rabbit!" he quickly stood up and smile widely at her.
"Hmph! I'm still kinda mad at you." she turned her head to the side, acting like a kid.
"Oh, I'm sorry." he said, smiling at her cute antics. "What could I do to earn your forgiveness, your majesty?" he playfully asked.
Dara can't keep the act anymore. Her lips started to form a little curve. She was supressing herself from smiling and yet, she failed. She flashed her beautiful smile and faced Donghae.
"Well, there's this cupcakes I wanna try. The thing is, I wanted them for free so I was just wondering if someone who's KIND ENOUGH will treat me and make me taste those yummy-looking cupcakes." she clasped her hands dramatically and put on her puppy eyes.

Donghae rolled his eyes and smiled at her. "Ahh. Is that it? Okay. I guess I have to find that "someone who's KIND ENOUGH" to treat you those cupcakes so that you'll eventually forgive me." he teased.
"Eh?? I knew it! You weren't kind enough." she pouted again.
"Hahaha. Just kidding! You know I can't say no to you. You, brat!" He said and ruffled her hair.
"Yah!" she tried to stop him but he messed her hair more.
"Aish! You, fish!!!" she shrieked. Donghae messed it some more before running away. "Come back here, you meany!"
Dara chased after him but he was too quick to get away.


"I give up." she tiredly said.
Donghae approached her and lifted his hands to mess her hair again but Dara caught his arm and fakingly wrestle him.
"Hahaha. The great Lee Donghae just fall for that, eh? hahaha." she laughed and released his arm.
"Aish. The forever cheater, Park Sandara."
"Hahahaha. Hooray! I can smell cupcakes now. Yipeeee." she cheered.
"Okay. Okay. As you wish, your majesty."
As soon as he said it, she jumped with gladness and hugged him.
"Yey! You're the best bestfriend ever! And...I missed you." she said shyly.
"I missed you, too, Dara. I'm sorry." he said as he tighten the hug.
"I just can't forgive you yet, you know. Not until there are still no yummy cupcakes." she playfully countered and broke free from the hug.
"All you think about are cupcakes. Bad bunny!"
"Hehe. Let's meet Bom at the front gate. She told me she'll wait for us there. C'mon! Can't wait for the free sweet treat!" she held his hand and dragged him out.


Bom's POV

I texted Dara a while ago saying that I'll just wait for them here at the front gate. I just knew they missed each other and I don't wanna ruin the moment. For sure, Donghae is very happy to see her. And, of course, Dara's just the same. Knowing this, I also feel happy for them. They are the first people who considered me as a friend and they are both kind and I think they deserve to be happy like that. I just feel so grateful to have them.

When I think about what she did yesterday, I can't help but smile. You see, Dara was being so sweet as she is. She gave me this huge card which she personally designed and made just for me. The occassion? Not a biggie but she said she wanted to celebrate the first week of our friendship. It's kinda funny when you think about it but at the same time, it's so cheesy and sweet. I got teary because that was the first time I felt that someone's happy to have me as a friend. She made me feel important with the little things she does. This made me love and treasure her more.

Oh, I didn't have the chance to tell her about my classmate/crush because she treated me into her favorite pastry house and then we strolled inside the mall, just window-shopping. And, to tell you honestly, I had so much fun that I forgot about him. But, I can't share it with her today either, because you know, Donghae's with us. That matter was a girl thing so I think it's better if it's just betweem the two of us. Hehe.

"Bommie!" I heard Dara called from a near distance.

I waved at her and saw her dragging Donghae while holding his hand.

'Donghae's enjoying this. I just know.' I inwardly smirked

Once they reached me, Dara who's still panting, smiled at me and said that Donghae's gonna treat us some cupcakes. She was very delighted about it. I looked a Donghae and he just shrugged his shoulders.

"Really? That's nice! I just hope they have corn-flavored cupcakes." I playfully said.
"Hahaha. Oh, Bommie. If they don't have it, I'll just make one for you." she locked her free hands on mine.
"Hey, you don't even know how to make cupcakes!" Donghae commented.
"Yah! I can learn how to, you know." she countered.
"I just hope we're both still alive when you can finally bake some cupcakes." he teased.
"Aish! Such a mean fish you are! Just buy us cupcakes now, arasso? Let's go!" Dara said.
 

These two made my day. Haha. I'm looking forward to Dara's corn-flavored cupcakes tho'.


"Hmmmm!! This are really delicious." Dara said while savoring the sweetest of the cupcake.

"You're right! We could be regular customers here." Bom added.

"The next time we'll go here, I won't treat you both anymore. Look at these wrappers! Count how many cupcakes you both ate. Aish." he sarcasticall said.

The girls just laughed at him. They knew Donghae's gonna treat them no matter what because that's how a gentleman he is.

 

Meanwhile, outside the cupcake store, a girl was observing the three especially Dara. She looked at her with complete annoyance. She has a long-time admiration for Donghae but he rejected her because he said he already love someone else. After weeks of observing him,she has recently found out that that someone was none other than Dara and that's how she started hating her.

"She's too plain. I don't see what to like about her." she irritably muttered before walking away.


A/N:

Hello, my darlings! Here's an update. Sorry it took so long.
Thank you for your patience and constant support. It makes me so happy.
Keep on shining, lovies! <3

animeloveeer and ikawyun_14, thanks for your comments. Greatly appreciate them. :D



YEY to 61 subscribers! Waaaaah. It squeezes my heart with gladness. Thank you so much, eorubun.