Chapter 3 - Spring

Almost Over You


Dara was walking on the school's hallway. She was about to go to her next class when she noticed a girl who seemed lost and everybody avoided her like she was ugly and mean but by looking at her, she knew she wasn't like that. She was really gorgeous and beautiful so Dara couldn't figure out why everyone was looking at her like something's wrong with her.

Again, due to her curiosity, she made her way through the girl and tapped the girl's shoulder.
The girl was taken aback and was surprised by Dara's sudden action.

"Hey, are you lost or something?", Dara asked.
But, after spilling those words and displaying a concerned look, the girl became teary and abruptly hugged Dara.

Dara tried to pushed her off but the girl suddenly let out small sobs and begun to cry.
Flabbergasted, Dara stiffened. She didn't do anything to her but why is she crying? What happen?

Regaining herself, Dara pats the girl's head gently and said, "Shhhh. Calm down, dear. Everything's gonna be alright."
The girl cried harder due to Dara's soothing words.


Everybody mocked her and accussed her of things she's innocent of ever since she entered that school.
No one wants to be her friend as rumors about her dealing drugs spread through-out the campus. Even the people she considered friends when the semester begun, left her and told nasty things about her. And, today, she decided to end her life but she can't find any courage to do so. She walked the hallway like the usual with everybody whispering to one another, giving her mocking looks and pushing her intentionally making her fall on the floor, leaving her miserable. She just stood up and was afraid of everybody when suddenly, someone tapped her shoulder.

She can't contain it anymore so she grabbed the girl and hugged her tightly. She was so scared and she was on the verge of breaking down. The girl seemed to flashed a worried look on her face and that's when Bom cried into Dara's arms even more.

'Please help me.', she wanted to tell her as Dara gently her hair.

"Shhh..stop crying. Come on! Let's go somewhere where you can cry your hearts out.", Dara smiled when the girl lifter her head and looked a her.

She took her hand and everybody in the crowd was surprised on what she did. 

'Oh, no. Dara might not know who this girl was. We better warn her.' some people thought upon witnessing the scene.


Bom was still crying under the tree located at the back of the school's building, when Dara returned from the school's cafeteria.

"Here.", Dara said lending her handkerchief.
"And, sorry. I just got you this because the lady said they are selling no sweets today. You see, everytime I'm sad, I usually eat sweets which my bestfriend supplies. Hehe. But, well, here. I'm sorry it's just corn." She offered the corn.

Bom gradually stopped and took the hanky and the corn. Dara smiled when she accepted it.

"What's your name?", she asked her.
"M-my name is Bom."
"Bom? Isn't it 'spring'? Wow. I like your name."
"How about you? I should address you properly and thank you."
"Oh, no need of that. And, my name's Sandara. But everyone calls me Dara. Nice to meet you, Bom.", she offered her hand and Bom shook it gently.
"You're a blessing, Dara. Thank you.", Bom stated.
"Huh? What are you saying? And, well, if it's not too much to ask, why did you suddenly cried out there? I didn't do anything, did I?"
"Ahm, no. You didn't do anything bad but with you looking all concerned awhile ago made me breakdown. I'm sorry. I just had enough already and I can't contain it anymore. I'm sorry.", Bom sadly said.
"Why?", Dara asked.
Having no response from Bom, she didn't push her to spill her story. So, instead, she told her, "It's okay, Bom. Once in a while there will be struggles in life that will break us and will make us stumble and fall down. But, you know what? In order to recover and gain back yourself, you have to start thinking positively and striving hard to improve yourself. You also have to be with the people who's willing to support you and encourage you all through out your journey. And you shouldn't be afraid of what others think about you because if there is someone who knew you best, it's yourself alone. You have to prove them that you're not what they think you are through being your true self."

Dara smiled at her genuinely. Bom eyes are getting teary again but she controlled it this time, hugging her and muttered, "Thank you, Dara. Chincha. Kamsahamnida!"

"Eh, you're welcome? Hehe. I guess we're friends now. Right?", Dara said as she hugged her back.


Bom found a friend in Dara. She cannot comprehend why was she so kind to her but she believed that Dara was a gift sent from above in order to enlighten her and put courage and strength in her heart once more.

She's really grateful that she met Dara that day. So, she promised herself to support Dara and protect her from any harm.

Ever since then, Bom has grown fondly of corn . Hehe. And, she treasured Dara as her precious friend.


A/N

Well, I'm sorry this chapter's a little short. I know Bommie's personality portrayed was usually tough and strong but due to the current issues she faced, I just thought of exposing her weak side. Idk.

I think Dara's the one closest to her. I remember the time when she's asking when will Dara come and realized that Dara was like a human vitamin. They also had a lot of fun moments together and were both silly in their own cute way. Hehe.


Let's continue showing our support to Bommie and love 2ne1 even more.
Thank you for those who subscribed and viewed my story. It made my heart swell with happiness.

I will greatly appreciate it if you would drop some comments in order for me to improve and know your thoughts, too.

Thank you so much, Darlings!