Chapter 15 - Ice cream

Almost Over You


"D-Dara..hey!" Bom softly called out

"Yah! You, two. What's going on?" Dara said

"N-nothing. Right, Donghae?" Bom nudged him.

"Yes, nothing, santokki. We were just talking about where we could hang out now that our classes are over. He-he." Donghae was so nervous. Good thing he has formulated an instant excuse.

Dara eyed the two suspiciously. She folded her arms and raised her right brow. The two just smiled awkwardly hoping that Dara will fall for their excuse. They were both praying that Dara didn't hear anything about what they'd truly talked about.

"Hmm..So, what you guys have planned?" She brightly asked.
"Hahaha. You should have seen the look on your faces! Hahaha. I was just kidding. I know you won't keep anything from me." she laughed while pointing at the two.

Bom and Donghae exchanged glances. They both conveyed each other's message - Dara fall for their excuse yet, they are guilty of the last words she said because they are keeping something from her. Both gulped down and looked at Dara.

"Yah, you bad bunny. You're making fun of us. Because of that, we won't allow you to join us hanging out." Donghae finally managed to countered.

Dara suddenly stopped from laughing. She looked at them and pouted.

"C'mon, fish. I was just joking." she whined.

Bom chuckled at Dara's expression. She's so cute everytime she does that.

"Bommie..I was just joking, right? and, you wanna hang out with me, too, right? You're closer to me than to Donghae." she pouted some more.

"Oh, Dara, you're so cute. Okay. I'll let you join us." Bom said assuringly.

"Really?" she dashed to Bom and hugged her. She looked at Donghae who's standing near Bom and stick out her tongue.

"Aigooo.. You're truly a bad bunny, eh?" Donghae commented.

Dara broke the hug and stand in front of the two. "But you both love me."

"This big-head santokki...Aigoo." Bom said and locked arms with Dara. "Hae-ah, let's go and hang out now. You said you'll treat us some ice cream. Ppali! I'm hungry." she added.

"W-hat?? I didn't say anything like that." Hae protested but Dara grabbed his arm with her free hand and dragged him.

"Stop complaining, fish. We're hungry and since you're the only guy, you should treat us ALWAYS. Hahaha. Let's go." Dara said while holding the two and leading them outside the campus.

"You are both so unfair to me. I don't even have a choice." Donghae whined.

"Hae-ah, Dara's right. You should always treat us. You never want to miss this opportunity, right?" she winked at Donghae and he immediately got her point.

"Arasso. Arasso. I can't win to the both of you. Ever."

"Awh. My Hae's acting cute. Don't worry I'll just order medium size." Dara giggled and continue dragging both her friends to the nearest ice cream store.

"Dara, you go ahead. I can't keep up on your pace. Aigoo. I'll just follow you." Bom released her arms to Dara's. 

"Haha. I'm sorry, ahjumma." Dara said letting go of Bom but still holding Donghae. Both Dara and Donghae laughed.

"You two.. Just continue walking! I'm just hungry. That's why. Hmph!" Bom countered.

"Arasso, Bom ahjumma." Donghae teased some more. Bom glared at them who's still laughing. "YAH! you two!!" Bom shrieked.

Donghae held Dara's hand and started running away from Bominator. Dara was being dragged by Donghae, not minding about their hands holding each others, still laughing at Bom who's currently chasing them.


Jiyong was on his way out of the campus when he was bumped by someone.

"Yah! Aisht! These people.." the guy who bumped Jiyong yelled, looking at three people who's running their way to the campus gate.

He then shifted his gaze on the three. Then, he was shocked. It was 'crazy girl'. He squinted his eyes. His eyes zeroed on two figure's hand. His pupils dilated and he suddenly felt a pang of unknown pain. He looked at the guy's face holding her hand. It's the same guy on the rooftop when he first saw her.

'Her boyfriend?' he asked himself.

The three were now out of the campus and too far from him. He stood frozen on his spot. He doesn't understand what he's feeling right now. He was confused himself. He then remembered the time when he first encountered the girl and re-called the words of the guy.

         "I'll take her, bro. Sorry for troublin' you."

He blinked multiple times. 'How can I forgot that? She has a boyfriend already. How stupid am I? Why am I affected?'

"Hyuuung~" Jiyong was pulled out from his thoughts.

Seungri approached him, smiling widely to him.

"Hyung! Let's go home together. C'mon." Seungri offered.

Jiyong just stared at him blankly.

"What's wrong, hyung?" he asked.
"By the way, hyung, I have a great great news that I want to share only with you because you're my favorite." he cheerfully said and caught Jiyong's attention.

"What is it this time? What did you do?" Jiyong eyed him suspiciously. He then realized that Seungri's been wearing wide smile which was annoying.

"Aish. Why does I often get that response? I didn't do anything bad, hyung. I just found out something.Something very important and it makes me this happy." he wiggled his brows.

Jiyong rolled his eyes. "What is it, rat? You're smiling too much it annoys me so much. So just spill it."

"Okay. Okay. You all hate me smiling but you all should be used to this because finally, I already know her name, hyung!!!" he excitedly blurted out.

Jiyong looked at him, dumbfounded. "W-what??"

"My destiny, hyung. I now know her name and so, the courting will now begin! Aren't you happy for me, hyung? Isn't it great? Waaaah. I feel so wonderful. HAH! TOP hyung is such a loser. Hahaha. This is really destiny, right? Hyung?" Seungri shook Jiyong who's completely shocked.

"Aisht! Hyung! Why do you look like that? Aigoo."

"How'd you know about that?? Did you blackmail her? Corner her? How??" Jiyong anxiously asked.

"Relax, hyung. I just pleaded your cousin. They're friends, right?" Seungri proudly answered.

'Shoot! Of course! It's through my cousin. How can I be so pre-occupied and forgot a lot of things? UGH.' he inwardly thought.

"So, what's her name?" I asked nonchalantly, trying to look uninterested.

Seungri eyed Jiyong suspiciously. He realized, he has a little doubt on telling his hyung, too. But then,he thought that he needs Jiyong's help. So, he began.

"I'll tell you in one condition." Seungri hoped that his hyung will buy it.

"AISHT!! You always have a condition." Jiyong irritably said,

Seungri pouted. "Okay, hyung. I guess you're not into this. I'll just ask Youngbae hyung, then." He then turned around, ready to leave Jiyong.

Jiyong closed his eyes. Seungri sure knows how to make him feel convinced.

"Arasso. What's your condition?" he weakly asked.

"Really?? I knew it. You can't resist me. Awh, hyung. This is why you're my favorite!" Seungri jumped gladly and hug Jiyong.

"Eww, rat! Get your hands off me! Just get to the point. What's the deal?" Jiyong said while fixing his uniform.

"Okay. Here is it, hyung. Since now I know her name, I want you to help me get close to her. You know, your cousin's her friend. It must be easy." Seungri calmy stated, unaware of Jiyong's change of expression.

"YOU RAT!!!" Jiyong hit him, his nose flaring.

"Ouch! Hyuuuung~ You said it's okay." he cried while caressing his head.

"Aisht!" Jiyong scratch his head furiously and glared at the maknae. He suddenly realized that the girl already have a boyfriend now and he need to tell Seungri about it. He then looked at him softly.

"Seungri-ah...I need to tell you something first."

"Neh, hyung? What is it? As long as you'll help me."

"Actually, I can't help you."

"WHY???"

"Because...because..she already have a boyfriend." he revealed.

"W-WHAT?? Hyung! What are you saying??" Seungri was surprised to the sudden revelation.

"I'm sorry, maknae." Jiyong sadly said

"No. It can't be. I'll ask her myself. If you don't want to help me, just say it, hyung. You don't have to be like this." he replied.

"Seungri-ah."

"No, hyung. It's okay. I am not mad or anything. I guess I'll have to do this myself. Sorry for bothering you." Seungri turned serious. Gone was his wide smile. "I'll see you around, hyung. Bye." Seungri started taking steps away from Jiyong, leaving the latter worried.

'I'm sorry, Seungri.' he whispered. He felt so worried. He now regret that he told him when he himself was not even sure about that. With that, he walked slowly through the gate, decided to head home straight and take the route opposite to Seungri's.


It was already 8pm in the evening. Dara has just finished cleaning herself up. She then went to her room and picked up her phone which was blinking, indicating that she has received messages. She smiled upon reading the message.

          From: Donghae-Fish

      Santokki! I hope you enjoy your TWO MEDIUM size ice cream a while ago. Kekeke. You owe me a lot. You should treat me next
      time.Aigoo.

She replied to his message quickly and lied on her bed. She suddenly remembered the scene she saw when Bom and Donghae shared something that seems important a while ago but acted as if it was nothing. She shook her head and muttered, 'No, Dara. They won't keep anything from you. You're just thinking too much.'.
She then turned to her side and hug a pillow and drifted away to dreamland.


        From: My Dara-Santokki

       Arasso. Sorry, Hae-ah. Next time I'll order large then. :p Thanks for the ice cream! I'll treat you when I'll have the heart to
       do so. Keke. Just kiddin' Take your rest now. Good night. See you tomorrow.

Donghae smiled while reading Dara's reply. The thoughts of leaving her, slowly consumed his mind again. Silent tears were now forming in his eyes. He stared outside the window of his room, full of thoughts. Sadness were evident on his features. He doesn't want to think that 2 weeks from now, he won't be by her side anymore. How will he able to tell her? Will he ever have the courage to confess?

He settled himself on his bed and closed his eyes, trying to put himself to slumber.


A/N:

I guess this chapter was the longest so far. Hehe.
I'm sorry if it's always DaraHae. Mianhe~ But, Donghae's leaving, right? Let's give him a chance.

Thanks for staying with me, Darlings!
Have a happy weekend! :*