Chapter 6 - Dragon

Almost Over You


(Flashback...)

Dara was on her way to school. She was slightly disappointed since Donghae won't be attending school because he said he has some errands he has to settle first.
'Hmph! That fish! How could he be absent today when we already planned to try the newly opened cupcake store across the campus gate.'

While she was walking to school, a group of men started noticing her from a distance. She was wearing her uniform which fits her cutely with its white-collared blouse, checkered skirt that flows inches above her knees, and knee-high socks. She's pouting and kicking small rocks on her way with her head down.

The men started approaching her without her knowing it. They seemed to plan something bad to her, whispering to one another while giggling menacingly.
One of them blocked her path. She almost stumbled but good thing she was able to regain her balance instantly. She looked at the guy who was grinning in front of her.

"Hi there, sweetheart." the guy said making Dara's eyes widened with shock. She took some steps backwards but was surprised to be bumped into someone's chest. Later did she realize that she was already surrounded by four men.

"We just thought you're feeling lonely all by yourself, sweetie. And, we really don't mind if you would like to join us while heading school." the guy told her while staring intently at her. The other three begun laughing at her horrified face. But to their surprise, Dara countered sarcastically,

"What? Ha-ha. Join you guys? Oh, please. Excuse me but never in my wildest dreams that I've ever thought of coming to school with guys like you. You're all too full of yourselves!" She tried to escape but the guy caught her arm.

"Woah. Fierce, huh? I like that. What's your name, sweetheart?"
"None of your business!" She tried to pull her arm but he guy's grip was strong.
"Don't be so cold, sweetie. I don't bite. Just tell me your name or if we can exchange digits, the beter." the guy wiggled his brows much to Dara's disgust.

Dara was about to talk back but a not-so-familiar voice beat her from doing so.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing??!!" Irritation and anger can be traced from his voice.

They all turned to the direction where the voice was coming.

'Him? Again?' Dara thought.

One of the men said, "Back off, dude. Mind your own business!" pushing Jiyong backwards and sending him with threatening glares. But Jiyong let out a small laugh then suddenly turned to be scary serious.

"Get your hands off her." he said with a tone of command.

The guy holding Dara's arm was pissed by his sudden appearance and bossy aura. He let her go forcefully which made her fall on the ground. This doesn't escaped Jiyong's sight so he quickly rushed towards them and laid a punch on the bastard's face.
'How dare him?!' he inwardly cursed.

The other men was taken aback with the sudden violence and were shocked when their leader was beaten easily. They tried to attack Jiyong but he was swift to dodge all their punches and gave them a good beating too. He's just like a raging dragon.

"What's your problem, dude?!!" their leader yelled through pain.
"What's my problem? Wow. You even dare ask. What a stupid moron you really are, huh? You, messing with my girl and having the guts to lay a finger on her, that's my problem, jackass!" Jiyong shouted and sent another round of punches to the four men.

On the other hand, Dara who cringed from the sudden pain was nursing her arm and back. She was busily checking her tiny body for any evidence of scratches or cuts when suddenly her eyes darted to the scene which was unfolded before her. Jiyong was fuming in anger and beating the hell out of the four all at once. She was stunned for a moment but quickly stood up to stop them when suddenly she heard him say, "...You, messing with my girl and having the guts to lay a finger on her, that's my problem.." She was stopped from her tracks briefly but regained her will to put the ruckus to an end. She dashed and approached them and tried to pull Jiyong by holding his shoulders.

Jiyong was surprised by the warmth he felt on his body with her sudden touch. He heard her soft voice that pleaded, "Please, stop. Stop, you guys." He immediately complied and stood up when she removed her hands on him. The men was fast to get away from him the very moment he stopped.

"Cowards!" he muttered. He started to dust off his uniform and tried to straighten it.

"Aish! Great. School hasn't even started and yet, I am already this wasted." he said to no one in particular. His back facing Dara.

Dara stared at him and begun to ask, "Why did you beat them?"

Jiyong turned to face her and eyed her with confusion.

"It's better if you just simply thanked me, crazy girl." he sarcastically answered.

"Yah! What did you say? Crazy? Me? You should've seen yourself a while ago. You're truly mad-crazy." she rolled her eyes.

"I just saved you poor soul from those douchebags, for your information, crazy girl."

"I am not crazy!! You!!" Dara was already pissed with Jiyong's reply.

"What? Ahm, 'you're welcome'?" he nonchalantly countered.

"I didn't even ask for your help, idiot! Well, I just realized. You're really meddlesome, aren't you? How nosy can you get, huh? You always find your way to annoy the living daylights out of me. You just ruined everything! Who are you to even tell them that I am your girl? I don't even know you. You're a real ert!"

And with that, Dara run away, leaving Jiyong dumbfounded.

'What just happened? Was she mad at me now? Seriously?! WOW. She is definitely crazy. UGH!! Crazy girl!!!' Jiyong inwardly thought. His mind was now dazed.

(end of flashback)


Jiyong's POV

I really don't understand why she was mad at me. I don't even intend to annoy her. I swear. I was just helping her, right? What's her problem?

Because of her, I am on a foul mood all day. I kept a blank face because I literally can't feel anything. Why does she affect me? During our first encounter, I honestly felt curious about the reason behind her clumsy action. I was thinking of possible reasons back then that it detached me from the real world. I was surprised at myself, too. Since then, she never left my mind. Then, later on, the second time I saw her, she has displayed how kind and nice she can be. She's too complex.

A while ago, I really can't explain why I suddenly got enraged when I saw her surrounded by those 
four men. They looked suspicious. I mean, crazy girl is really cute and I don't find it impossible if guys would want to hit on her. But, she looked fragile and helpless and I don't want anybody to do anything bad to her or harm her in any way. Yeah, I find it weird to feel that way, too but I can't control it. There's this urge inside me that makes me wanna protect her so I've beaten those cowards so bad. Until now, thinking about them makes my blood reach its boiling point. But, she suddenly became furious at me. She was upset and it made me worry. What have I done, eh? I face-palmed myself and suddenly leave my friends behind. I need to be alone.

"Hyung, where are you going?" Seungri asked.
"I just needed some air." I replied.

I found a bench outside the cafeteria and settled there. My mind is running wild with thoughts of her. I don't want her to be mad at me for some unknown reasons. It somehow hurts that I wanted to punch myself, too. I think I am going crazy. Should I apologize? But, she yelled at me and told me that I'm nosy. She even called me ert again. UGH. That girl!

'..You, messing with my girl and having the guts to lay a finger on her, that's my problem..'

Okay. That. It just suddenly popped up on my head. I never thought of claiming her that way. Promise. I don't even know how those words escaped my lips. Maybe because of the situation at hand? Idk. The scary part was, she heard me said those. Waaaah. The shame. I won't be able to face her now.

I close my eyes, scratch my head furiously and mess my hair with much irritation. I looked like a lunatic right now. I know. When I opened my eyes, a pair of shoes was before me. Someone's standing in front of me. I looked up only to be surprised who the person was.


A/N:

Finally! Another chapter. Weeeee! I'll post another when I get home.

Thank you, darlings! :D

Who do you think was the person standing in front of Jiyong? ^^

Hehe. I just gained 40 subscribers. My heart is really jumping out of joy. Waaah. I am really grateful to you, guys! T___T
I'll work harder.

Another comment was dropped. Thank you, Tabimuchere.

To santokki18, you are worth metioning, dear. Thank you for your support. Also with you, freckles. <3