Controversy

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As soon as I stepped foot inside my large apartment complex, my phone vibrated from my jean pocket. I furrowed my eyebrows and wondered if it was Dara, but it was highly unlikely that it'd be her considering how cold she is towards me. To be honest, tonight felt like I had somewhat became comfortable around her. It felt like she was allowing me to comfort her, and I hope it stays that way. 

I don't know what exactly happened, but I sincerely want to know. 

I want to help her. 

"Yoboseyo? Dara-shi? Is something wrong?" I asked out of worry as I stood right in front of my door, ready to run out if she tells me something was wrong. However, it took her a few seconds to answer. "U-U-Uh, y-you see, I-I-I..." and then she stopped, making me more worried. What happened? 

"Dara-shi? What happened?" I asked once again, hoping she could give me an answer. 

I heard her sigh heavily from the other line and then answered, "I'm hungry..." And as if a huge boulder was lifted from my shoulders, I let out a soft chuckle, radiating around the whole house as I shook my head at her cuteness. I smiled and said, "Alright, I'll make sure to bring something down to eat. Wait for me." 

She didn't respond, making me think she got embarrassed, considering how her personality is. 

I hung up and chuckled as I walked to my kitchen and opened the refrigerator, taking a paper bag under the sink and placed ingredients I can cook with inside the bag. Once I had gathered all the ingredients, I closed the fridge and made my way out of my apartment complex. I went to the elevator and waited until it opened. 

After a few minutes of waiting for the elevator to open, the lift finally welcomed me, but there was also someone unexpected who welcomed me with a frown on her face. I ignored her and walked inside the lift, feeling her continuous stares on me as I looked up and impatiently waited until the lift brought us to the main floor. 

I stayed silent, unwillingly being in one place with an ex-girlfriend. 

"Where are you going?" She managed to ask. 

However, I didn't budge and said, "It's none of your business." It was true. I broke up with her, and she had no business whatsoever with where I'm going right now and besides, why would I entertain her? I could see the side of her face from my peripheral vision and saw her roll her eyes at me. She crossed her arms and turned to me fully and tilted her head. 

"Why did you break up with me?" She asked, making me irritated. 

I closed my eyes and heaved a deep sigh before looking at her without batting an eyelid, "Didn't I already tell you to never come back? Why did you?" She looked at me and furrowed her eyebrows. She stepped closer and grabbed my arm and all I could do was just watch what she was going to do, although it was rather obvious. 

"No Jiyong. I can't. You can't do this to me! Please tell me you'll take me back!" She begged and cried and I just stood there. 

I sighed and shook her arm off, "No." I looked away and was thankful the door of the elevator opened. I walked out like nothing happened but was held back when my ex-girlfriend held onto my elbow, "Jiyong! You can't leave me! I-I love you!" I sighed for the nth time and turned around, making sure to look into her eyes. 

"I'm sorry, but I love another woman," I uttered sincerely and was about to turn away when I felt a slap on my cheek. 

My eyes widened in shock, feeling my anger rising up as I breathed in slowly. I blinked, realizing what I received from the woman who said she loved me, but was truly just after my money. I shook it off, ignoring the stares I got from my employees and the residents and looked at my gold digger ex-girlfriend. 

"I understand what you're feeling, but for someone who's only after my money. You've got some guts to hurt the one you love," I muttered and smirked, eyeing the security up at the front of the building and nodded at them. They nodded back before running to the woman who deemed to love me and escorted her out of the residence. 

I sighed heavily and massaged my forehead before realizing that I totally forgot about Dara. 

I gasped and immediately ran to the emergency stairway and ran down to the basement. Once I reached our hideout, I punched in the code of our house and walked right in to see Dara in the kitchen fiddling with the stove, her eyebrows furrowed. I chuckled as I took off my shoes and walked in barefoot. I approached the kitchen and placed the bag I brought onto the counter and said, "I'll do it." 

She gasped in shock, looking up to me with big eyes. 

"You scared me!" She exclaimed as she held onto her heart and exhaled heavily. 

I grinned and said, "Did I? Sorry, but it seemed like you were having a fight with the stove." She looked at me and shyly looked away before clasping her hands together, barely hearing what she was whispering about, "I-I'm sorry. I just don't know how to cook." I chuckled and shook my head, "I don't expect you to know how." 

I fully understood why she didn't know how to cook. She was fed with a silver spoon ever since she was born and so was I. I only started to learn how to cook when I decided to move out of the mansion. It was my decision and probably the best decision I have ever made in my entire life. I never wanted to be the typical rich spoiled brat you see in dramas, I wanted to feel independent. 

"You can just wait and sit, I'll cook," I told her, but she just looked at me. 

"I'll help..." She timidly muttered. 

I chuckled and couldn't do anything else but let her help me. I was quite worried about it though. I went to get the bag full of ingredients on the counter and took out the ingredients one by one, placing them on top of the counter while Dara watched me do so. When I finished unloading them, I set the bag aside and reached for the onion. 

I looked at Dara and asked, "Will you be able to cut the onion for me?" 

However, instead of expecting her to nod her head and take the onion from my hands, she just looked at me as if I was some statue. She blinked at me and then stared at the onion for a good second before hesitatantly nodding her head in agreement, "Uhh... o-okay?" I looked at her, unsure if I was really going to let her cut the onion. 

I shook my head and said, "You know what, never mind. Just clean the lettuce for me." 

She frowned, "No, I'll cut the onions." 

I bit my lip and didn't want to argue anymore because I was afraid she might not want to interact with me anymore. So I sighed in defeat and looked for a cutting board and a small knife in the kitchen drawers. I placed the cutting board on the counter and cut the two ends of the onion in courtesy. I placed the knife down and looked at Dara. 

"Here, you can just dice it," I informed her. 

She nodded her head unsurely as she took the initiative to hold the knife, glancing at me briefly before placing the knif on top of the onion. I looked at her, but I realized she won't be able to cut it properly if I observe her. I looked away and rummaged through the ingredients I set out and reached for the meat. 

I unwrapped the meat out of its package and crouched down to get a pan under the sink. I placed it on top of the stove as I turned the heat on. I glanced at Dara and saw her sticking her tongue out while carefully cutting the onions. She wasn't even half way done, but I appreci

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter