Believe

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I was sitting on the couch by the wall of Dara's hospital room while I watched her go through file over file. She flipped through them as fast as she can and I could see the dryness of her fingertips. It angers me that she's so stubborn about working as the CEO of their company under her circumstance. 

Well, I know for a fact that she's not a CEO yet but I don't know why she's already starting to work. 

My arms were crossed against my chest while my legs were crossed together. I watched as her new secretary explained each item to her. I inwardly sighed as I stood up from my seat, unwilling to watch how hard working Dara was right now when she's supposed to be resting after her fourth chemotherapy session. 

I shook my head and muttered, "I'm just going out. I'll be back." 

I didn't even bother looking back because I know it'll pain me even more to see her suffering. 

I closed the door behind me and walked towards the open space for the other patients. I stood by the window and watched the rain pour down on the ground. Looking at the people running for shelter outside, while the others patiently walked with their umbrellas raised over their heads. 

Suddenly, I could feel someone standing beside me. 

I looked over my shoulder and saw Hongjun hyung looking outside. He glanced at me and said, "Felt stuffy?" I smiled weakly and nodded my head in response. He already knew how I felt about the whole situation and he, out of all people, agreed with me a hundred percent. 

"I was going to go and visit, but I saw her secretary inside," he explained. 

I looked outside and shoved my hands inside my pockets. 

"How are we going to convince her not to take the position?" I asked queitly. 

I knew Hongjun hyung agreed with me a hundred percent when I tried to convinced Dara not to take their father's position any time soon. We all know how dangerous it would be for her and her health to take this. He looked at me and said, "We're not." 

I furrowed my eyebrows, my eyes flickered in surprise. 

"We're not? What... do you mean?" I asked skeptically. 

He smiled and said, "We're going to handle this legally, brother-in-law. We don't have to convince her." 

But I still couldn't get it. Handle it legally? What does he mean by that? 

Looking at my confused face, he chuckled and patted me on the shoulder. He squeezed my shoulder and grinned, "Think about it and let me know when you get it." He patted my shoulder one last time before walking away towards Dara's room. I looked at his back and wondered what he was up to. 

"Handle it legally? What does he mean?" I muttered to myself, still wondering what he meant by that. 

Later that day, Hongjun hyung forced me to get a rest at home, even though I really wanted to stay by Dara's side. However, I knew she had to spend time with her family especially at these critical times. So I decided to rest at home for the day and go back tomorrow. I realized that I haven't been spending time with my friends these days, so I told them to meet at our 'headquarters'.

I drove back to my condo and met them at our special hiding place. 

I knew they would have already arrived, considering that their cars were already in the parking lot. I entered the password of the bachelor pad and walked in, taking off my shoes before I plopped down on the couch. They stopped whatever they were doing and smiled at me. 

"Ji!"

"Hyung!" 

"Haven't seen you in a while, Mr. Kwon."

I rolled my eyes and chuckled, placing my arms on the couch's hinges. "Hyung! Didn't know you're still alive," Seungri teased. I glared at him and hit the back of his head, making him wince in pain. 

"Ow! What was that for?" He exclaimed, rubbing the back of his head. 

I snorted and said, "Just letting you know I'm still alive." 

The boys chuckled and shook their heads at our silly maknae. Seunghyun hyung placed the book he was reading down on his lap before taking a good look at my face, "Well... it's definitely nice to see you, but it's certainly amusing to see how... you and Seungri look so similar." 

Daesung, Youngbae and Seungri looked at me and immediately agreed with the oldest hyung. 

I shook my head and said, "My eye bags are that bad, huh?" 

Youngbae nodded in agreement, "Really bad, man." 

I sighed and shrugged my shoulders, "I don't mind really. If it's for Dara, I'd do anything." As if the attention from the boys weren't enough, all of them stopped what they were doing and looked at me very seriously. I stared at them, raising my eyebrows. "What?" I muttered. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter