Question

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A frown escaped my lips as soon as my eyes landed on Jiyong's presence, immediately questioning him. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked with my usual monotone. He smirked and turned to take a seat beside me on the sturdy rock. I followed his movements with my eyes and furrowed my eyebrows, my frown deepening as he continued to keep his smirk on his face. He looked at me, amused. What was so amusing to him anyway? 

"Nothing, it was just too awkward inside so I decided to follow you out," he explained simply. 

I sighed and looked away. At least he got something right; the situation at the restaurant was definitely too awkward for me to handle. My eyes explored the beautiful flowers blooming around the garden and couldn't help but get awed by how my late father planted the flowers himself when he was still alive. I'd have to thank whoever is tending this garden instead of my father. 

I smiled unconsciously as I remembered how much my father loved planting. 

"I can tell you really like gardens." 

I woke up from my trance, my smile immediately washed off my face as soon as I realized I was with Jiyong. I must be crazy smiling like a fool without a reason. I looked at him and caught him straing right back at me. I never intended to respond back, but for some reason I'm strangely mesmerized by his hazel eyes. 

It looked rather beautiful under the sunlight. I blinked and furrowed my eyebrows, I really must be insane. 

I immediately looked away and cleared my throat. I stood up from the rock and took a step forward, "I-I do." And for some strange reason, I managed to respond to his rhetorical statement. I felt him shuffle behind me and then I could suddenly feel a presence beside me. I decided not to look because I don't know what else is going to happen if I do. 

"Do you like flowers? Ani, do you like planting?" 

I blinked, baffled by his random question. I looked at him with my curious eyes and questioned his intentions. He gave me a small smile before walking away, exploring the garden himself as he kept his hands shoved into his pockets. I looked at his back and realized how broad his back was. I shook my head and muttered, "Stop Park Sandara. What are you thinking?" 

I followed his footsteps and stopped when he crouched down to look at a small wooden sign implanted to the soil. 

Dara's Garden

He turned to me, still crouched down and asked, "So this garden is for you, huh?" 

I bit my lip and looked away, but still nodded in response. I walked the other way and crossed my arms, realizing that it was already getting late. I hugged myself and received the cold breeze that the trees were giving me as the air blew. I sighed in content while looking at the sky, wishing my father was still here with us. 

"I miss you appa," I whispered, hoping he could hear me.

I stopped walking when I felt a familiar heavy sensation on my shoulders. I looked back and saw Jiyong right behind me, avoiding my gaze this time. I raised my eyebrows as I peered over my shoulder and saw that his black cardigan was over my shoulders. I looked away and reached for the cardigan, but Jiyong stopped me from doing so. 

"Don't take it off, you're going to get a cold." 

I looked at him and raised an eyebrow at him, "And why would you care about that?" He looked at me with his signature poker face and said, "You're my soon-to-be-wife whether you like it or not and that means I'm obliged to take care of you." Right. I forgot for a moment that he is, in fact, my fiance. I thought I could forget for a moment. 

But I can't. 

I looked away and decided to ignore his comment but it doesn't mean that his statement didn't bother me. It bothered me. A lot. 

---

"Unnies! I have to go, I'll see you all in two weeks?" Minji exclaimed as she waved goodbye to us and Jiyong's group of friends. She smiled at me and the others before walking off with her bodyguard. I sighed and looked at my older sister, who was standing at the side, avoiding any communication with the boys. 

I furrowed my eyebrows and was about to approach her but that Seunghyun guy beat me to it. 

Bom unnie looked up with her eyebrows furrowed as she listened to what Seunghyun said. Did they know each other? It seemed like it's not their first time meeting at all. I saw Bom unnie look away and sigh before nodding her head. She looked up and saw me straing at her, she gave me a smile and turned to Seunghyun and said something before walking up to me. 

"Dara-ah, I-I think I have to go first. I-I still have somewhere to go, I'll be home soon okay?" Bom unnie told me, not even giving me any time to ask any questions as she turned to Jiyong and said, "Jiyong-shi, can I entrust my sister to you just for tonight?" 

I saw Jiyong glance at me before understanding what my sister was asking of him. He nodded his head and said, "Of course." 

I looked at my sister and was about to protest but she just gave me a weak smile before looking at Seunghyun and gave him a small nod before they walked away together. I watched until they both disappeared from the en

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter