Day One

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Please read the author's note below! Enjoy.

 

I stepped out of the change room, rocking that hospital blue gown I once wore for a long time. I didn't bother looking at myself through the mirror because I knew how I looked like with this attire. I was bare foot when I gathered all my things and found Jiyong leaning against the wall just across the changing rooms. 

His eyes met mine and all I could give him was a curt nod. 

He back away from the wall and walked towards me, taking away my regular clothes. He placed his hands behind my back and muttered, "Let's go." I nodded and we walked to the presidential suite that I was going to stay at for the mean time. He opened the door for me and there I saw teddy bears, flowers and several cards on the bedside table. 

I blinked and looked around to see two couches just a few meters away from my bed. 

I sighed and walked around the room to familiarize with it and saw Jiyong placing down my bag and regular clothes down on one of the couches. He took the duffle bag on the couch and opened it, neatly placing my regular clothes inside and immediately closed it. I looked away and tried to distract myself with something else. 

I walked to my bed and sat on the side. I reached out my hand and grabbed the card on top of the bedside table and opened it. I read the message carefully and smiled at the message. 

I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you today unnie! I promise I'll visit you sometime this week and probably visit you at least twice a week, but I doubt you'd even want me there. You have... you know. ;) Anyway, stay strong unnie! 

Love, 

Minji

I closed the card and looked at the flowers that were delivered beforehand. I took the small card on top of the roses in a vase and read who it was from. 

Chaerin. 

I immediately grinned and felt warm inside. I knew everyone wanted to send out their support and to let me know that it was a good choice for me to get treated this early before my condition worsens. I looked back and saw Jiyong reading something in his phone. I turned back around to the bedside table and saw yellow carnations but it didn't have a name to it. 

I furrowed my eyebrows and asked, "Hey Jiyong, do you know who gave the yellow carnations?" 

Jiyong looked away from his phone, glancing at the yellow carnations tucked in a clear vase before shaking his head. "No, I only know that Chaerin gave you the roses and the boys and Minji gave you cards," he notified me. I frowned and nodded my head, still curious about the sender of my favourite flowers. 

I shrugged my shoulders, not thinking about it too much. 

I slid towards my bed and leaned against the head board before closing my eyes. 

I sighed once again and crossed my arms against my chest, feeling the cold air hit the bare skin on my legs and arms. I opened my eyes when I felt a weight shift on my left side. I glanced at Jiyong who was now sitting beside me. He stared at me and held my hands. I looked down at our now clasped hands and let Jiyong play with it. 

"Are you sure you'll be fine?" He whispered. 

I knew he wasn't asking me if I'm going to be fine being alone in a hospital room. 

"I'll be fine," I reassured him. 

He looked at me and frowned, "You know this isn't good for you, right? Dr. Kang already told you not to strain yourself and yet, you accepted it. Can't you let them postpone it until you're better?" I smiled at him and shook his head. 

"I'm fine, Jiyong. Besides, I'm going to be working here at the hospital and oppa hired a secretary for me. She will be the one to deliver any messages or any decisions I make for the company," I explained but it still made him frown. I knew it would be hard to convince them but I knew I just had to do this. 

"I still don't see why you're doing this. It's not healthy," he egged me. 

I sighed heavily and retracted my hands away from his and clasped my hands together. I looked at him with an unreadable expression and said, "I want to do it because it's the right thing. You're my soon-to-be-husband and yet you can't trust me." He frowned even further and shook his head in disbelief. 

"That's not what I'm trying to say... I just want you to follow whatever Dr. Kang is ordering you because I want you safe, Dara. I want you to get better. I know Hongjun hyung and Bom noona are disagreeing to this as well, why can't you just listen to us?" He said, obviously frustrated. 

I crossed my arms and looked away. 

"I'm not changing my mind, Jiyong and if you can't respect that I'd like it if you leave now," I muttered, still firm. 

I hear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter