Normal Couple

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyong pulled up at what it seemed like an amusement park. There were couples wearing similar outfits and couples with their own children going inside the amusement park. I blinked, never expecting that Jiyong would bring me at an amusement park. From my peripheral vision, he grinned. 

"Let's go?" His voice seemed very excited. 

I looked at him nervously, "Uhh, Jiyong... I'm scared of rides." Just now that I realized that there would be things like rides that would empty out my whole blood supply inside the amusement park. Jiyong chuckled and shook his head, "You have me, don't you? I'll protect you." My lips parted slightly. 

Should I be touched? I know I should be, but I couldn't ignore the beating of my heart at an abnormal pace because of how scared I was. It's not that I don't appreciate that my husband's trying to have at least a normal date with me as a married couple but... having to go on rides? That's beyond my abilities. 

"I-I think I'll just stay here..." I muttered, staring at the tall rides showing through the park. 

Jiyong laughed and shook his head, "non sense." 

He opened his door and left, closing it excitingly as he jogged to my side. I was about to close the door, but I realized it'd be stupid of me since he had the keys anyway. He opened my door and held out his hand patiently. I looked at him, my pupils shaking in fear. I closed my eyes and bit my lip as I took his hand. He grasped it tightly and helped me get out of the car before closing the door behind me. 

He intertwined our fingers together before looking into my eyes. 

"You'll have fun Dara. Trust me." 

---

Just seconds after our ride took off, I've already been screaming even when it hasn't even hit the top yet. Was I crazy? Yes. I'm even more crazier because I agreed that I'd have fun and I'm even crazier for letting Jiyong think I'm enjoying this ride right now. I don't know what will kill me first, this ride or my illness. 

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! JIYOOOONG! HELP ME! I'M GOING TO DIE!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. 

Jiyong, who was very calm, laughed at me. I didn't have enough energy to glare at him because I was busy closing my eyes and holding onto my dear life as the cart rose until the top. When the cart stopped for at least a second, I couldn't find my voice when the ride suddenly descended. 

Jiyong held onto my hand tighter as he shouted in joy while I screamed in fear. 

"OH MY GOD!"

"I SWEAR TO GOD KWON JIYONG, THIS WILL KILL ME BEFORE CANCER DOES!" 

"GET ME OFF!" 

"I HATE-...YOUUUUUUUUUU!" 

Jiyong just continued to laugh and shouted, "You're so cute!" continuously as I continued to suffer under this murderous ride. When I thought the ride was done, it suddenly ascended forward and I swear I thought my face was getting slapped by the air because of how fast this thing goes. 

How do people find this fun?!

And just seconds after, it abruptly stopped. 

Though I was quite thankful it was done, I felt very queasy and rather... nauseous. I immediately rushed out of the ride and walked down the stairs, completely disregarding Jiyong who keeps calling after. When I reached the ground, I immediately ran towards the bush and gagged. 

I clutched onto my heart and shook my head in distress. 

I coughed continuously and I immediately felt a hand on my back.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have forced you into the ride. Are you okay?" Jiyong asked me in concern. I stood up straight, my legs numb and shaky. I looked at him and finally gave him the glare he deserved.

"Do. I. Look. Okay?" I said with a cold voice. 

He gulped and immediately felt guilty. 

He sighed and looked at my face, using the sleeves of his jean jacket to wipe the corner of my mouth. He cupped my cheeks and gasped when he realized how hot it was. He immediately sat me down on a nearby bench and said, "Stay here, okay? I'll be back!" He ran away to God knows where and I just sat there, trying to catch my breath. 

"I swear I'll kill him if he makes me ride another," I muttered, still trying to catch my breath. 

After five minutes of waiting, Jiyong finally ran back to me with two bottles full of water. I blinked in surprise as he hurriedly opened the first bottle and probably spilled some on the floor because of panic. I reached out for his arm and said, "Calm down Jiyong. I'm okay." I felt bad because he thought something was going to happen to me. 

He looked at me with concern in his eyes as he handed me the water. 

I took the water bottle with both of my hands and drank from it. Jiyong held the bottle from the bottom, seeing how my hands were still shaky. Once I was done, Jiyong took the bottle and immediately closed it. He sat down beside me and looked at me straight in the eye with an apologetic look. 

I smiled at him and took his hands in mine, "I'm okay Jiyong. You don't have to look so worried." 

He frowned. 

"What do you mean you're okay? It's my fault you're like this," he muttered, clearly b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter