Forced

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

We were all eating our dinner quietly, my step-father and Mr. Kwon would occassionally talk here and there while Mrs. Kwon would initiate small talks with my mother who was just sitting quietly. I was quietly eating my meal when my father spoke to me, "My dear Dara, why don't you go and tour Jiyong around the hotel?" 

I looked up and stared at my father with my mouth in a thin line. 

I inwardly sighed and placed my chopsticks down and wiped my mouth with the white cloth placed on my lap. I nodded my head and gave my father a small smile before looking at Jiyong who already seemed to have finished eating his dinner. I nodded at him and stood up from my seat and walked away, not even looking back to the table where my step-father sat on. 

I slid the door open and walked out, not bothering to wait for Jiyong, expecting him to follow me. 

I crossed my arms as I saw the staff bowing to me. I ignored them and walked out of the restaurant and led Jiyong to the main lobby of the hotel. I stopped walking and saw Jiyong catching up to me. I looked at him with an unamused face and said, "I don't know what my father is planning, and I don't want to know. If you don't want to be in this marriage, just tell me." 

Jiyong had his hands shoved inside his trouser pockets while he smirked at me. 

"What makes you think I don't want this marriage?" 

And this shocked me. Was he seriously in for this marriage? Because I seriously wasn't. I gave him a glare and said, "Look, it looks like you don't understand this but I don't want to be married. Not to you, not to anyone. So please tell me that you don't want to get married." Was I begging? I probably was. 

I never wanted to get married. Not when I knew the consequences it will uphold. 

"But I do," Jiyong stated with a hint of confidence and amusement. 

I scoffed and walked clsoer to him, "But I don't." 

He smirked at me and lowered his head, enough to be face to face with me, "Why not? Do you have someone you love? Are you dating someone else?" He egged. I didn't flinch and said, "No. I'm just not interested in these kinds of things. I don't need anyone beside me to run this business. I can do it by myself." 

He scoffed and stood up straight, "Ahhh, so you're one of those selfish brats that want their parents' business all for themselves huh? Now I understand, but I'm sorry. I don't disobey my parents, if they want me to marry you, then I will." My lips twitched, the urge of hating the man in front of me started to grow. 

"Don't you have better things to do in life?" I muttered. 

Jiyong looked at me and said, "I do. I should be home right now, doing my girlfriend but I'm here, with my supposed to be fianceé who refuses to be wed with a guy like me. Why not? I'm perfect. I'm good-looking. I'm smart. I don't see why you don't want to get married with me, Sandara-shi." I looked at him in disgust. 

He's just nothing but a spoiled brat. "You think looks are everything? You think being smart is everything? Okay, you're all that, but I still don't want to get married with you. Even if I'm paired with another chaebol's son, I refuse to get married. EVER," I strongly refuted. 

Finally, he seemed to understand what I said and stayed quiet. 

He looked at me and then looked away, "Just get on with the tour, you talk too much." I clenched my teeth and walked away, already having enough of the person whom I was engaged to. What else can I do to break this engagement off? I don't want this. I don't want to follow anything that my step-father wants me to do. 

But I know I'm the only one who can save this company. 

---

"This is the garden and it will be the last place I'll tour you to," I muttered quietly as I looked at the fish pond filled with lights around its perimeter. I felt a presence beside me, but I did not acknowledge him. He never uttered a single word as I toured him around the hotel, and that was the best thing he could do. 

I don't want to hear a thing. 

I was crossing my arms, almost hugging myself as I felt the cold breeze hit my bare arms. I rubbed my arms together, feeling colder than ever. I know going inside would be the best option for me, but I didn't want to face my father just yet. I wasn't ready. The hate I was feeling for him was just deeper than normal that I'm afraid I might just break down and cry in front of everyone else. 

I sighed and just stared at the school of fish swimming through the water and wished I had the same freedom they had.

Suddenly, I felt something heavy drop on my shoulders and I didn't feel cold anymore. 

I looked back and saw Jiyong walking away without a word. I glanced at my shoulder

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter