Married Life

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyong, my now husband, carefully held my hand as he led me inside the black limousine waiting for us just outside the church. I slid inside, mindfully careful of my wedding gown as I took a seat against the window on the left side of the limo. Jiyong followed and waved to our guests while smiling widely before closing the door. 

He sat beside me with a huge smile on his face. 

I stared at him, awed by his handsome features. 

Is he really my husband now? I questioned myself for a second before getting caught staring at him. He looked at me and smirked, "Seems like someone can't get enough of her husband's face, huh?" I scoffed at his remark, immediately looking away. 

"Conceited," I muttered. 

He chuckled before sliding down closer to me and placed his arm around my shoulders. I let my weight shift over his body as I leaned my head against his. I heard him softly sigh before giving the side of my head a soft kiss. I closed my eyes and smiled at the small sweet gesture done by my husband. 

"Is this really true?" I muttered quietly. 

"It's all true, Dara." 

I grinned as I opened my eyes and looked at him in the eye, "By the way, when did you plan all this?" I asked him curiously. He laughed and shook his head, "Can't you just thank your husband for giving you such a beautiful wedding?" I chuckled and shook my head, "I just feel like it's unfair because you did this all on your own. I feel bad." 

He raised his eyebrows and said, "Well it's not like I was forced to do this. I wanted to do this, Dara. Don't ever feel bad." 

I sighed and looked at him in the eyes before nodding my head, feeling thankful to have someone like Jiyong in my life. 

"Thank you Jiyong. I don't know how else I could thank you for all the things you've done for me." 

He lifted his arm and touched my cheeks, caressing it tenderly as his fingers found my lips. He smiled at me and said, "Just love me. That would be enough for the rest of our lives."

And that hit me. For the rest of our lives... I will forever live with the guilt of having that uncertainty in our life. Just how long will I live for? Just how long will I fight this illness for? 

"From now on, don't ever stress yourself over things by yourself. Share them with me. I want you to share eveything that you feel with me. Even if it's pain, agony, frustration, happiness, sadness, stress, or even...." he leaned against my ear and whispered, "pleasure..." My eyes widened and I immediately moved away in shock. 

I hit him on the chest and yelled, "ERT!" 

Then, he started laughing out loud. 

And here I thought we were having a sweet moment. 

---

Just yesterday, I got married to the man who accepted me for who I really am. I got married to a man who was willing to give his everything just to protect me. I got married to a man who was almost completely perfect in my eyes. We were currently at my room at our mansion, considering how our newly wed house is still under construction as per Jiyong's explanation. 

I held the duvet over my chest as I turned to my left side and faced my sleeping husband. His face looked too peaceful to even touch, but I couldn't control my fingers as it raised itself to his face. Caressing them ever so gently. I leaned in and kissed his lips, only to get startled by his sudden embrace. 

"Someone's asking for it," he muttered with his morning husky voice. 

I blinked a couple of times and took in his scent. I wrapped my arms around his torso and felt the warmness of his skin. I nuzzled against his chest and muttered, "I'm sore." Feeling alarmed, I could feel his muscle ten

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter