First Meeting

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I was locked up in my room, surrounded by busy people who tended to my care. They ran across my room from time to time and would scream at each other for non-sensical reasons. My eyes were closed as I sat stiffly in front of my vanity table while I let the women do wonders on my face. They were tenderly dabbing makeup products on me, scared that I might get angry. 

I was used to this. 

I never had to do anything on my own. I was pampered. The maids, servants and butlers did everything for me. I was born and fed with a silver spoon. Though, I can't say I'm pampered with love and affection. No, I wasn't. I was treated like a robot, a puppet by my step-father. He ran the business in place of my real father. 

Technically, my step-father is still related to me by blood and it disgusts me. 

He betrayed his own brother and married my mother, who was then vulnerable when my father died in a tragic fire ten years ago. He vowed to rule me, the whole company until he dies. He knew his throne will eventually get replaced by me, and he's holding onto it because it was his pride and courage. 

"We're done, Madamme Park," the makeup artist declared nervously. 

I opened my eyes slowly and stared at myself on the mirror. 

I gave the women a simple nod before they gathered their things and sprinted out of my room, leaving me all alone in my humongous room. I continued to stare at myself and realized I always wore that bored expressionless face. All my life, I was trained to keep a poker face on. I was told by my step-father that I cannot attract too much attention. 

Not when I wasn't introduced to the media yet. 

They just knew me as the chosen heiress of Park Corporations and nothing more. 

They didn't know my face, nor my name. My step-father had kept it under his sleeve ever since he began running the company with his own hands. He didn't wish to introduce me to the public and tell them that I was the one who will inherit the company fully under my father's will and testament, which will be effective at the year of 2014; on my 25th birthday. 

A knock coming from the door woke me up from my reverie. 

I looked through the mirror and saw my older sister. 

I gave her a small smile as she welcomed herself inside my hellhole, "You look beautiful, Dara." Not forgetting to compliment me along the process. I sighed and bitterly smiled, "Thanks unnie." Worry was evident through her eyes as she slowly came closer to me and held my arms with her elegantly long fingers. 

"You'll be fine today, right? It's just some casual business dinner," Bom unnie reassured me. 

I nodded my head and muttered, "It's not like I can actually run away from it anyway." 

Bom unnie's eyebrows furrowed even more as she looked at me with pity. She walked behind me and held both of my shoulders, squeezing them to give me some kind of strength to get out there and be publicly introduced as a Park for the first time of my 24 years of existence. "It won't be that bad, Dara. I promise you, and besides, oppa and I will be there to support you." She comforted me. 

I nodded my head, still unsure of what was laid out for me later. 

Suddenly, a knock from the door interrupted us. We both looked towards the door and saw Butler Jung. 

He bowed his head to us and said, "Your father is waiting downstairs, Miss Bom and Miss Dara." 

I looked at my older sister and held her hands that were laying on my shoulders before she nodded at me. I sighed and stood up from the chair and took one last look from the mirror. 

---

"Ya! Kwon Jiyong, where the heck are you?! Did you forget about that business dinner happening this evening at 6pm?!" Kwon Dami, the oldest offspring of the Kwons exclaimed at her phone as she talked to her little brother. 

"Bwooooh?! That was today?! Why didn't anyone told me!" I screamed, totally forgetting about the business dinner happening tonight. 

I looked around and saw the woman whom I slept with last night and scrambled to my room to get changed after hanging up on my older sister. I dressed myself with the most expensive suit I have ever bought and walked out of my room while grinning down at the sight of my girlfriend preparing our supposed dinner. 

I hugged her back and whispered, "I have to go." 

She stopped what she was doing and turned around to give me a sad pout. 

I chuckled and said, "I'm sorry babe. I totally forgot my family and I have some business dinner with some business partners. I'll make it up to you when I come back tonight, alright?" I winked at her and passionately kissed her before rushing out of my apartment complex. 

---

"We're here, Sir Park," the driver carefully told my father who was currently sitting beside our mother. The driver got out of his seat and walked out of the black long limo. Seconds later, the door beside my father opened and he immediately slid out while fixing his suit. Soon after, my mother followed and us, the Park siblings followed suite. 

We were surrounded by bodyguards and was led to one of our five-star hotels. 

The staff immediately bowed simultaneously as we made our dramatic entrance inside our property. My sister and my older brother stood by me, while we followed our parents' footsteps. We arrived at a restaurant located at the ground floor of our hotel and was escorted to a designated VIP room for us only. 

The people who were busy eating inside the restaurant stopped and ogled at us. 

It was a first for me. To be looked at. To be seen with my family in public. 

Nevertheless, I kept my composure and ignored all the stares I was getting. I found them unecessary and irrelevant to get acknowledge anyway. My step-father sat down at the end of the table, claiming his spot as the head of the family, while our mother s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter