Second Meeting

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Hyung, I heard that you're finally getting married. Who is it?" Seungri asked as my group of friends and I lounged at our special hideout. It may sound childish that we have our hideout, but we've been coming here ever since we were young children. I looked up as I was bending my whole body while holding the pool stick in my hand. 

I smirked and said, "You don't have to worry about it maknae." 

Seungri shook his head and stood up from the black couch and threw a small basketball to the wall before facing me, "We would know who it is either way hyung. So who is it?" Just then, the oldest one among the five of us spoke up as he stopped reading his book. "Yeah Jiyong. I thought you have a girlfriend under your sleeve too. Why the sudden marriage?" 

I sighed and rolled my eyes as I aimed my pool stick towards the center of the white ball, "We all know we can't bring our own girlfriends to the family unless our parents pick them out themselves." Sadly, my friends nodded their head in agreement. It was the truth, but I can't say I'm disappointed or happy about it. 

I'm neither. 

It's not like I was in a serious relationship anyway, it was bound to happen one way or another. 

Once I hit the white ball with my pool stick and once the eight ball had went to the pit, I stood up, leaning against the wall and said, "And besides, I don't mind marrying this one. She seems pretty interesting." I smirked as I placed the stick back to its rack. I walked to the couch and sat beside Seunghyun hyung, the oldest one. 

Youngbae, my bestfriend of thirteen years, spoke up. 

"That's new. I guess she's really interesting huh? Now I have the uttermost desire to meet her like Seungri." 

Seungri then smirked and leaned back against the couch and shrugged his shoulders, "See hyung? I'm not the only one curious about your bride-to-be. Plus, I'd love to meet our sister-in-law and maybe check if she really is worth your time." I made a face and immediately knew what he meant by that. I leaned forward and smacked the maknae's head and warned him. 

"What is this kid saying?" I muttered as I sat back down. 

Daesung chuckled and shook his head in disbelief. "Seungri-ah, you're just getting yourself in deep trouble. Don't live like that," Daesung patted Seungri's head as the maknae continued to caress it with his hands. Seungri glared at the second youngest before muttering, "Aish." I rolled my eyes and shook my head. 

Suddenly, I started to think about Sandara. 

She seemed interesting, oddly enough. Her strong aura just caught my attention, but I can't deny the fact that her attitude got me irritated for a while. She definitely had character and I'm already admitting that she won't definitely be an easy one. I'm not stupid to think that she really doesn't want to get married because every inch of her body and face told me she really didn't want to. 

But why? 

I shook my head and thought, Why am I even thinking about her? She said she doesn't need me to run the company. She just probably wants the company for herself. I rolled my eyes and just shrugged it off. Suddenly, I felt someone hit my thigh. I looked at my left and saw Youngbae grinning at me. "What are you thinking about now? Thinking about your fianceé already? This isn't the Kwon Jiyong we know." 

I chuckled and shook my head. 

"Not a chance man. Not a chance," I muttered as I thought about his ridiculous statement. 

---

We were sitting at the dining table, eating breakfast when all of our attention was caught by our step-father. We looked at him, clad in a black suite and tie as he spoke, "The Kwons are coming over for dinner today. I would like it if every single one of you don't utter a single word that would harm our business with them. For short, watch what you say." 

As if what he said was only directed to me, he looked at me with his piercing gaze. 

I gritted my teeth and just nodded my head. Why was I getting controlled by him again? When will I have my own voice in this house? No. When will my mother, my oppa, my unnie and I have our own voice in this hell pit? It was always him. Ever since our father died, he pretended to be concerned and loving for the first two years. 

But he changed. He changed when the greed of running this business came in sight. 

He nodded his head and went back to eating, leaving all of us in complete silence, but suddenly, our step-father's right hand man came to him and whispered something in his ear. Our step-father nodded his head as he took the napkin placed on his lap and wiped his mouth before looking at me. "It seems like I have to go for an emergency meeting. I might be out until later. If the Kwons come, follow what I said earlier. I'll let them know I won't be there for tonight." 

We nodded our heads as we watched him leave with his personal assistant. 

I closed my eyes and heaved a deep sigh before I felt a strong pair of hands patting my back. I opened them and saw my brother looking at me with a small smile. I gave him a weak yet genuine smile before I excused myself, "I"m sorry but I don't have anymore appetite." As I was ready to leave the dining table, my mother spoke up. 

"Finish your food." 

It was rather surprising to hear her speak to me, rather, order me. She usually ignored me when my step-father was there, but now that our father was temporarily gone, she replaced him and had the courage to order me around. I looked back and bowed at her before shaking my head, "I'm sorry but I'm full." 

Without further ado, I walked away and completely ignored my brother's continuous call. 

Once I reached my room, I heaved a deep sigh before letting my body lean against the chair in front of my vanity table. I looked at myself in the mirror and realized how much I changed after our real father died. I closed my eyes and also realized how much this household changed after my mother re-married my father's brother. 

Everyone was against it, that included me, my brother, my sister and my mother's parents. Not to mention the whole Park clan, who seem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter