The Smile

The Most Beautiful Moment In Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

~ 2012 ~

 

Seok Jin and his family were having their annual summer holiday at a beach resort. There was a children's playground in the lobby and he was watching his little three year old sister playing amongst the balls in the pit. She was tired after an hour and they returned to their hotel room where his parents were relaxing in front of the tv. 

"Can I buy some ice cream?" He asked politely. 

His father happily opened his wallet and handed him the money, "Buy one for each of us too." He said and Seok Jin nodded and ran back out into the hall. He went downstairs and entered the small grocery store. 

As he was deciding on which ice creams to buy, an odd smell came and he scrunched his noise up. It was disgusting, a mixture of urine and feces, a suffocating odor. He turned around and saw an old man a few meters back, staring at him.

His eyes frightened him so Seok Jin quickly made his choice and went to the cashier. He quickly paid and left the store, he glanced back and saw the man following him. Seok Jin waited for the elevator and continued to anxiously turn around. The man gave him bad vibes. 

The doors opened and he hopped inside, the man followed him and stood next to him, brushing shoulders. Seok Jin became tense and held his breath, the smell was unbearable. Just as the doors were going to close, he quickly ran out and squeezed through the gap. The doors shut and he decided to take the stairs. 

"How did a guy like him get into a fancy hotel like this? Has he even showered this year?" Seok Jin spoke to himself as he climbed the stairs with the plastic bag of delicious ice creams. He reached his floor and Seok Jin passed by an open door. A pair of long arms reached out from behind and covered his mouth. The old man forcefully pulled him back, into his hotel room as Seok Jin tried to fight him off.

The man closed the door and threw him to the floor. He dropped the bag and just as he was about to get up again, the man began to tap his mouth. Seok Jin began to cry and scream when the mans hands made their way down to his pants. He pulled them down and started caressing him. 

Seok Jin kicked his legs around frantically and looked up at the ceiling, he didn't want to even look at him. The man, was smiling. His arms were freed and he immediately grabbed the mans hair and pushed him away. He pushed and pushed, his eyes tightly shut, too frightened to even take a peek. 

The man let go of him for a brief moment so he quickly kicked the man, causing him to fall back. He hit his head on the corner of the table and fell unconscious. Seok Jin quickly pulled his pants back up and held them tightly around his waste as he stared at the man. 

He ripped the tape from his mouth and picked up the ice creams and ran out into the hall. He sprinted down the hallway and just as he reached his hotel room, he stopped. He stared at the white door and wiped the tears away from his eyes. He bit his lip and looked down at the bag of ice creams. 

He turned away and ran into the emergency exit staircase. He collapsed onto the cold concrete steps and screamed. He was angry, scared, disgusting but more than anything else.. Ashamed. He was overwhelmed with so many emotions he didn't know how to react. 

*I can't tell my family.. I can't tell anyone.* He thought.

 

 

 

 

~ 2015 ~

 

Seok Jin woke up in the middle of the night. He was covered in sweat and his heart was racing. He was dreaming of him again.

"Get out of my head.. Get out of my head.." He whispered angrily as he pulled at his hair and rocked himself back and forth.

He knew that he wasn't going to be able to fall asleep so decided to sit at his desk and study some more. He felt the need to focus on something else to get the man out of his head, and what better way to do that than to study. That way he was working on improving his score for the exams and not becoming distracted by his nightmares.

 *I need to work harder.*

 

 

 

 

~ 2015 ~

 

The boys were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter