Pressure

The Most Beautiful Moment In Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

~ 2015 ~

 

After watching the sunset they hopped off of the freight train and went to a fast food restaurant for dinner. It was late at night by then and nobody else was in the restaurant. They sat around together at a table. Making jokes and chatting loudly.

Jeongguk and Seok Jin went and grabbed the trays of food when their meals were ready and they quickly filled their stomachs to the top. Nam Joon played a song that he had recorded himself from his phone and Tae Hyung jumped up on top of the table. 

He started dancing as the boys cheered from below. He shook his hips side to side and rolled his arms like he was at a 70's disco. Tae Hyung kicked the left over chips and slid across the table, motioning to Ho Seok for him to put money down his pants as if he were a stripper.

"Excuse me boys. Please leave, you are being rowdy and disrespectful!" The manager said angrily and chased the boys out. They each grabbed their bags and Jimin took one last sip from his drink before running out also.

"What a tight .. Had to ruin our fun." Tae Hyung pouted.

"Dude, you trashed the place." Jeongguk scoffed.

"I kicked a few chips around, who cares." Tae Hyung shrugged it off.

The boys sat around outside of a seven eleven store, since it was basically the only place open in the area. Nam Joon started to complain and release his anger about his boss and job at the service station. 

"I'm thinking about quitting.. Seriously sick of his ." Nam Joon said with gritted teeth.

"Just do it. If you're that unhappy, quit." Yoon Gi said.

"Are you looking for another job?" Ho Seok asked.

"Yeah.. Nobody wants me though." Nam Joon regretfully informed.

"Don't quit yet," Jimin said, and they all looked at him surprised, "You need the money right? Don't quit until you find another job." 

"Yeah that's true.. But I mean, I can last a few weeks without money, it's not like it's good pay anyway." Nam Joon said, having an inner debate whether to quit or not.

"Jimin's got a point.. But with all the crap you put up with, I'm surprised you haven't quit already." Yoon Gi said.

"That's it!" Nam Joon clapped his hands and jumped to his feet, "I'm gonna do it right now." He started walking down the street and the boys all stood up flustered.

"Right now!?" Seok Jin pointed at the ground.

"Yeah.. Coming or not?" Nam Joon asked walking backwards with his arms out. They all looked at each other then shrugged a shoulder before running after him. They couldn't let him go by himself. But deep down, they all knew he needed them by his side, they were his courage and bravery. They were his energy to do what he wouldn't be able to do by himself.

They arrived to the service station when Nam Joon suddenly stopped. His strong strides and broad shoulders disappeared. Jeongguk looked back at him, "Don't out now."

"Just do it. He can't hurt you or anything." Tae Hyung encouraged.

"We are right here with you. Don't worry." Ho Seok said with a smile and Nam Joon sighed. He quickly jogged up to the doors and they opened automatically. He looked back at his friends as they waited by the fuel pump. He walked inside and confidently walked up to the register.

"What are you doing here? You aren't working tonight." His boss said grumpily before averting his eyes back on the small television screen.

"I'm quitting." Nam Joon said and his boss looked at him wide eyed.

"What did you just say!?" He bellowed.

"I'm quitting. I'm here to pick up my last pay check." Nam Joon said.

"Why!? Not good enough for this place?" The boss said angrily, "You aren't getting your pay. Now get out of here." 

"I am getting it." Nam Joon said with his fist tightly squeezed, "I'm getting it tonight." 

"You're gonna fight me for a lousy $23.45?" He laughed.

"Pay me.. Of should I get the cops involved?" Nam Joon asked, which caught his full attention, "And let them know about that illegal crop you've got growing in the back room.." Nam Joon threatened.

"You little backstabbing !" He shouted. 

Nam Joon crossed his arms and smirked, "Well.. What will it be?" 

The boss debated whether or not to open the register or to just kill him on the spot and not let anybody find out, "Aish.." He a girly opened the till and pulled out the money, tossing it on the counter. Nam Joon quickly collected it all and turned to leave.

"If the cops find out, I'm coming after you!" The boss threatened and Nam Joon quickly left with a nervous chuckle. 

His friends appeared in front of him and he jumped back.

"So. What he say?" Jeongguk asked curiously.

"He yelled." Nam Joon replied, unsure of what else to say.

"And..?" Jimin leaned in closer.

"He gave me my money." Nam Joon added.

"Great! Let's go buy some ice cream." Tae Hyung said cheerfully as he wrapped his arm around Nam Joon.

"No way, this money is for a new tail light for my car." Nam Joon refused.

"Awe damn.. I was really feeling like some chocolate mint.." Tae Hyung frowned.

A large black car pulled in to the service station and a young man jumped out and ran inside the store, leaving the car running. 

"Oh! That's that rude guy I told you about." Nam Joon said as he turned to Tae Hyung.

"Oh yeah?" Tae Hyung smirked and ran up to the car. He opened t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter