Reunion

The Most Beautiful Moment In Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 


~2025~

 

Tae Hyung was sitting at the restaurant table alone, waiting anxiously for the others to arrive. It was the first time since graduation that the boys were going to be together as one group. He glanced at the clock that was on the wall and sighed, he was twenty minutes early. 

He watched a young family at a nearby table. The young mum was struggling to feed the baby, who was squirming and screaming in the high chair. The father ignored the mothers calls for help and made jokes and faces for their young daughter, who giggled cutely at her fathers expressions and over exaggerations. 

Tae Hyung realized he was smiling while watching the strangers and quickly looked away, he didn't want to be that lonely weirdo who watched everybody else having fun. He looked up at the entrance and saw Nam Joon stroll in. 

Tae Hyung stood from his seat and smiled. Nam Joon scanned the restaurant until his eyes landed on his dear friend. Nam Joon quickly walked up to him and the two hugged each other.

"Man! I haven't seen you in ages!" Nam Joon said as he pulled out of the hug. 

"I've missed you man, how have you been?" Tae Hyung asked.

"Oh~ I've been good, have you been waiting long?" He asked, looking down at his watch.

"Nah, just got here." Tae Hyung smiled and they both took their seats across from each other. 

"Pretty fancy place.." Nam Joon said as he looked around, impressed with the interior and design, "Who's idea was it to have it here?" 

"I think it was Jeongguk's." Tae Hyung replied with a laugh.

"Typical. Probably expects us elders to pay for him." Nam Joon scoffed.

"True, true." Tae Hyung laughed.

There was a short silence when Nam Joon suddenly chuckled.

"What's funny?" Tae Hyung asked, glancing around to see if something happened and missed it.

"Just thinking about that day we got suspended from school." He smirked.

"Dude, I remember that day so clearly. It was the first day of school! I can't believe we did that." Tae Hyung smiled as the memory of that day came back to him.

 

 

 

 

~March. 2015~

 

Nam Joon and Jimin were pushing each other playfully down the hall, the others were following behind slowly. A teacher caught the two messing around and began to yell across the hall. 

"You boys! Stop playing around, you could hurt yourselves or somebody else! You don't want that do you?" The teacher stopped in front of the two when the rest of the boys caught up. They all bowed respectfully before running off to their class. They were excited because it was their final year of school, and were lucky enough to be in the same class. 

Class began and before the first period even ended, Jimin's face was pressed against his desk and he was drooling all over his book. He began to snore so loudly that the teacher stopped the class and strolled towards him. He slapped his head with a book and Jimin jumped up in fright.

"What? What happened?" He asked looking around with one eye open and drool dripping down his chin. The class burst into laughter and he quickly came back to his senses, he wiped his face and looked up at the teacher with a sly smile.

"Sorry." He bowed his head and the teacher glared at him before returning to the front and continuing the class. Jimin looked at his friends and they all chuckled at him, he gave them the thumbs up and put his head back down on the desk.

Lunch time arrived with the ring of the bell and they all headed downstairs to the cafeteria. Nam Joon stopped at the entrance and he smirked mischievously. 

"What is it?" Ho Seok asked, trying to push him forward. 

"Let's get out of here." He turned to the others. 

The boys huddled together in a corner of an empty corridor and Nam Joon began to explain his plan. 

"Oh.. I don't know about this.." Seok Jin said filled with doubt and worry.

"Don't be such a ." Jeong Guk nudged his shoulder. 

Seok Jin reluctantly nodded in agreement and the boys all quickly ran to their lockers to grab their bags. They were walking to the back building when the school Vice Principle noticed them. He sensed they were up to no good, since they were trying to act as casual as possible. 

"Boys! Where are you all off to with your bags?" He called and began to walk towards them. 

"Crap.." The boys all stopped and glance at each other before smirking. They were all thinking the same thing. 

They all raced down the end of the corridor and burst out of the door, surprising a group of girls who were passing by at the same time. The boys dodged the girls and ran around them and entered another building. 

"The sports field!" Nam Joon screamed as he raced ahead. 

They raced to the end of that corridor and came out the other end of the building. They slowed to a stroll and they were all panting, clutching their stomachs and wiping sweat from their foreheads, but they had the brightest smiles on their faces.

"Stop right there!" The Vice Principle appeared once again, popping out of nowhere like a horror movie. The boys screamed hysterically and ran out onto the field. Jimin looked back and saw him chasing after them. His eyes widened and picked up speed, racing past Seok Jin. 

They reached the back of the field and reached the high brick fence, which marked the schools boundary. Ho Seok got down on all fours, "Get up!" He screamed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter