The Day Is Here

I'm Glad To Have Met You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day for Talentime is here! All the families and friends began to arrive at the campsite and were led to the main hall. The counselors were busy tearing out the tickets and selling lightsticks by the booth. Yunho, Henry and Eunhyuk were the judges for the event. Some old campers who attended last year were there as well. Including Taemin. 

The campers were doing their last minute preparations backstage. Sunji also felt nervous as this will be her first time performing in front of everyone. She peep behind the curtains and saw a surprising thing. Her parents were sitting with the audience. She began to smile.

"Who were you looking for?" asked Irene. Sunji turned back to her. "I'm looking for my parents. I'm glad they showed up," she told her. "Oh, okay. Good luck with your performance tonight," said Irene, wishing her all the best. Sunji did the same to her and Seulgi and Wendy. Minho and Suho also came to wish them luck. "Whoever wins tonight, we'll just be happy for him or her," said Minho. Everyone smile with agreement. As the evening progresses, more and more people arrived. The main hall is almost full house. 

Yumi stepped up on the stage. "Welcome, friends and families to our camp's Talentime. Tonight we have many performances by our beloved campers here. Our three music counselors who taught the campers will be the judges. They will decide who will be the winner. This year, the winner will not only receive a trophy. He or she or a group will get a grand prize, which is a chance to record their own albums, courtesy of CJ Entertainment. This is the first time our camp is doing this. Without wasting your time, let us begin tonight's Talentime." 

The audience cheered and clapped their hands. Some were waving their lightsticks. "Let's start off by having our first performance, the J.H. crew!" said Yumi. Jun Ho and his team went on stage to perform. As they were performing, the campers backstage were cheering too. Even Sunji joined in the fun. 

Sunji watched every group go. She felt anxious about her turn. However, she enjoyed every performance each camper put in from their effort. Next up it was Irene's team to go. "Hwaiting!" cheered Sunji. Irene smile and went on stage. While they were doing their performance, Kyuhyun came backstage. "Hello," he called. "Hi," greeted Sunji. "Are you feeling nervous?" asked Kyuhyun as he watched Irene's group performance. "A little," said Sunji. "Just calm down and don't freak out. You'll be fine. If you make a mistake, just continue. The show must go on," Kyuhyun gave one last advice. Sunji smile at him. "Thanks."

Irene and her friends did a last pose, thus ending their performance. The audience applaused by clapping and waving their lightsticks. Yumi took the stage once again. "That was an outstanding performance. Sad to say, we are coming to an end for tonight's event. But we have two more performance before the winner is announced. Let's give it up for Sunji, who will be performing a solo," she said. Mr and Mrs Kim clapped their hands with excitement when they heard their daughter's name. 

"This is it, Sunji. Go for it. Woo them," said Seulgi. Sunji smile nervously and went on stage. She approached the piano and sat down on the stool. She placed the songbook on the piano and took a deep breath. She began to play the first verse of the song and sang it with her smooth honey like voice. "She's good," whispered Yunho. Eunhyuk and Henry agree. 

Mrs Kim recorded a video of her performance, not wanting to miss anything. As Sunji sing, her memories began to pop in her mind. From the day she arrived at camp as a grumpy and miserable person till Kyuhyun giving her some kind encouragements, allowing her to change her behavior. She will also remember her new friends at camp. 

When her song is finished, the audience cheered even more louder than before. Sunji smile and bowed down. Her parents beamed proudly. Yumi come back to the stage once again. "Thank you, Sunji for that beautiful song of yours. And now, the judges will decid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter