Owning Up and Running Away

I'm Glad To Have Met You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suho was happy that he no longer felt the mean person he was before. He began to hang out with Minho as his new best friend. Sometimes, Minho comes to the kitchen to help his friend out. Suho was glad to have him. Jimin was also glad to make new friends. "So, you're the person who was looking for Suho the other day, huh?" she asked. "Yep. That's me," replied Minho. "Well, it is nice to meet you at last," said Jimin. Minho went to one counselor to change the performance from Suho's solo to join a duet with him and he agrees. 

Irene and her friends saw that Suho had really changed. "Now, he's practicing with Minho lots of times," she told them. "I heard they are doing a duet for Talentime," said Wendy. "Now that Suho has changed for real, he won't play a trick on you anymore," said Seulgi. And she was right. No more tricks were played indeed. Everything went well in camp. But not everyone is happy. There is one more person who still felt depressed. And that person is Sunji. She doesn't have the heart to play a trick anymore. 

 

~Sunji's POV~

What have I done? I made Suho get blamed for the tricks he didn't play. It was fun at first but soon, it gets horrid. I'm the most mean person not only in school but in camp. Once you're a mean person, you can't change. You will always remained a mean person. I envy Suho that he can turn over a new leaf. He is happy and has new friends. I'm the only person who can't make new friends. I don't deserve to be here. I'm gonna go home. It's a good thing I never sign up for Talentime. 

 

Sunji was so miserable that she cannot cope up in her classes. In piano class, she played the notes all wrong. "Sunji, is there something the matter?" asked Ryeowook. "You're playing the wrong notes many times." But Sunji won't respond. Ryeowook has to call another camper to play the song in her place. Even Kyuhyun noticed her not singing. "Sunji, are you feeling alright today?" he asked. Sunji said she was alright. But from Kyuhyun's view of perspective, she doesn't look alright. 

During free period, Ryeowook told Kyuhyun about Sunji's condition. "She looks sick or something. She played the wrong notes many times," he said. Kyuhyun look thoughtful. "She won't sing either. There must be something wrong with her." 

"Do you think she could be sick?"

"I'm not sure. I tried to find her but she is nowhere to be found. And I can't enter the girls' cabin."

Sunji had a plan to run away from the camp for good. She plans to leave tonight. "I don't care if my parents scold me. As long as I escape, I'm free." She began to pack all her clothes and belongings when there is no one in the cabin. But before she leaves, she needs to confess something. And that is owning up to Irene. During dinner time, Sunji saw Irene coming in with Seulgi. With a heavy heart, she began to approach her. "Excuse me, Irene?"

"Yes?" Irene respond. She was surprise to see Sunji looking sad and calling her. "I need to talk to you about something. Alone," said Sunji. Irene look at Seulgi and look back. This was clearly the first time Sunji talked to them nicely. "Uh......sure," said Irene. "We'll go out and talk," said Sunji. The two girls walked outside as planned. Sunji began to spoke, "Listen. I've been miserable and upset for the past few days. I cannot take it anymore. So, I'm going to go home tonight. But before I go, there is something I must own up. It wasn't Suho who played the tricks. I did them all!" 

Irene gasped. Changing the lyrics, dirtying the clothes, messing up the cabin was her doing? She looked astonished. "I knew you would look at me like that. I expect I deserved it, huh?" said Sunji with tears dropping down from her eyes. "I think you should. You should be in punishment instead of Suho," said Irene. "I know," said Sunji, wiping away her tears. "I'm sorry I played those tricks on you. I was feeling revengeful. I was also jealous of you that you were happy and jolly that you have so many friends. I, on the other hand, can't be a person like you and will never be."

Irene listened to what she has to say. She was happy that she found out the real master of tricks. But she remained her pride. "Well, it was brave of you to own up. But sometimes, I feel that a mean person like you shouldn't be here," she said. Sunji sniffed. "I thought so too. But don't worry. I won't be here long. So, once I'm gone, you'll be relieved and be happy again." 

Sunji walked back to the cabin like a sad and miserable person. Irene just stood there, speechless. Seulgi came out and join her friends. "So, what did she say to you?" she asked. "She confessed that she was the one who played the tricks," replied Irene. "Really? Then, she should be the one who should be punished," said Wendy. Irene sighed. "We can't do anything now. And I don't think Suho wants to leave his position as a kitchen helper." 

Sena came inside the mess hall when she saw the three girls looking sad. "What's wrong?" she asked. Irene poured out the whole story to her and Sena listened. "She's really a cunning little devil. She doesn't deserved to be here," said Irene. Sena gul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter