Rehearsals (Kim's)

Finally, Love!

I immediately saw him when he entered the rehearsal room. He looked even more handsome with his glasses on. I saw him talking to Ate Toni and suddenly, Ate Toni pointed towards my direction and Gerald's eyes quickly followed. Apparently, Xian was sitting on my side and telling a joke. Even though I didn't hear the whole joke, I just laughed because Gerald's eyes were still on my direction. How embarassing it would be if he caught me staring at him!

"Oh, Kim. I know my joke is good but I didn't expect it to be that good!" Xian said questioningly.

I didn't notice that I laughed so hard that I even caught the attention of my co-artists.

"Ahhh...ehhh...nakakatawa naman kasi talaga." I reasoned out. 

"Okay. C'mon, it's our turn to practice na." Xian said and helped me to stand up. I looked sideways and saw Gerald talking to Enchong, Enrique, and Rayver.

Xian and I would perform a simple song number to further promote our new movie. I was already used to Xian's sweet gestures everytime we perform but there was something that really bothered me. Maybe it's because of the feeling that someone is there. I feel conscious of my actions. As we rehearse, I looked in the mirror and saw that Gerald was watching our production. I caugt a glimpse of his face, his brows were together and I could see irritation all over his face. 

Deja vu. My mind went back to my rehearsal before with Xian. The situation was like this, too.

Gerald watched our rehearsal and noticed that Xian had been more touchy. This made Gerald walked out of the room and mad at me for two days. When he walked out of the room, I had the sudden urge to run after him but my mind said to stay and deal with it later. I did not follow him and stayed in the rehearsal. I didn't have the chance to see him before the show because everyone was getting prepped up so I just texted Gerald: 

"Hon, can we talk?" 

I was waiting for his reply but nothing came. The show was about to start so I gave my phone to Ate Haidee. 

Right after the show, I immediately pulled him to a vacant room. I talked to him and explained what had happened. There was no expression on Gerald's face as I explain those things to him. 

"Gerald, will you say something? Please?" I begged.

"Kim, I feel so hurt right now. This is not the first time that this happened. I hope you can understand me." Gerald replied sadly and walked towards the exit. 

I couldn't remember what happened next but all I know for sure was that I cried hard that night. I returned my focus for our rehearsal today. As Xian and I walked to the back side of the room, I could still feel Gerald's stare behind me.

Teacher Georcell called out Gerald's name. It was his turn to practice. He would be dancing Don Romantiko and Chicken noodle soup. I remember the time when we were inside the PBB house and he would dance to that song. My heart leaps everytime he dance because boy, he could do anything. Well, maybe not the singing part. Haha!

He started to rehearse and it is very evident that his grooves were still there. He still had the "Gerald type of moves" that girls swoon over everytime. 

Crap! He noticed me staring at him! Smile, Kim. Smile!

I smiled the prettiest smile I could offer and saw him missed the next step. I silently laughed at it because he was too cute. I smiled because I know now that I still affect him as much as he has an effect on me. Maybe the love between us is still there? Stop it, Kim. 5 years had passed already. He's moved on and so should you. Maybe he missed his routine because of some other reason and not your smile. 

The rest of the rehearsals went on. We were down to our last production number, which is my favorite, the Supahdance!

Teacher Georcell started calling out the usual partners and then I heard my name. 

"Kim! Come here! You'll be paired up with Gerald." 

I was so shocked because after five years, I would be in a production number again with Gerald. I would now be close to him. I stood and made my way to his side. I could hear my heart beat so wildly amidst the hollers of everyone else in the room.

As I reached his side, I gathered all my courage and smiled up to him.

"Hi, Ge. How are you?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Two chapters for the day! I would be a little busy na kasi so I maximized my time. :)