Question

Finally, Love!

Third POV (I'll be switching POVs but I will give a notice whenever naman.) 

Kim changed into jeans and a simple blouse to get her comfortable. While waiting for Gerald, she decided to take a nap in her room since it's only 6:00 and she had two hours to spare. 

At exactly 8:00, Gerald arrived at Kim's house. He rang the doorbell and was greeted by one of Kim's maids.

"Ate, si Kim po?"

The maid was so suprised to see Gerald again after a long time, "Ay naku, Ge. Ikaw ba yan? Pasok ka muna. Nasa kwarto niya ata eh di ko alam." 

Gerald entered and politely smiled, "Thank you po. Si Kim lang ba nandito?" He noticed that the house was silent.

"Ay oo. Umalis sila Ma'am Lakam and Twinkle kanina eh. Maiwan na kita dito ha." The maid then left Gerald in Kim's living room. 

It has been a long time since Gerald set foot on her house but his sense of familiarity was still there. He roamed the house and saw that the posters of some of their movies still hang on the walls. It made him smile knowing that those were still there. Gerald arrived outside Kim's door and contemplated whether to knock or not. He then decided to just call out her name. 

"Kim? Are you there?"

There was no answer. 

"Kim?" 

"Nandyan ka ba?"

Worriness started to fill Gerald's mind, "Kim?"     

"I'm gonna enter your room na ha." Gerald turned the knob and entered the room. Memories came flashing in his mind as he saw the familiar room. There were a lot of good times that happened in this room. He heard a sudden movement upstairs so Gerald went up to Kim's bed and saw her asleep. He went to Kim's side and gaze at her beauty. After a few minutes, he decided to sit on the floor and her hair. He couldn't help but smile at the beauty in front of him however, he also thought how stupid he was to let her go just like that.

Gerald whispered in Kim's ears as tears started to form in his eyes, "I'm really sorry, Kim. I'm sorry for not holding on but know that it has always been you and will always be. Sana mabigyan mo pa ko ng chance at hindi pa huli ang lahat." He then kissed Kim's forehead. Kim stirred but did not wake up. Gerald decided to let her sleep for a few minutes more because he knew that Kim was really tired. 

He called Enchong to know that they would be running late because Kim was asleep.

"Ge, baka chance mo na yang masolo at makausap si Kim. Destiny!"

He laughed at Enchong's quip, "Loko! Ano? Destiny na makatulog siya?"

"Malay mo. Pero kami na bahala dito, bantayan mo na lang si Kimtot diyan since sabi mo nga rin naman na mag-isa lang siya diyan at kung ano mangyari, maulan pa naman, daming magnanakaw kung saan-saan diba?"

Gerald thought of what Enchong said, "Sige sige. Sensya na bro ha!" 

"Wala yun. Basta para sa inyo ni Kim." Gerald ended the call.

He decided to look around her room and saw that the two little teddy bears were on the side of her bed. He then looked at the first floor of Kim's room and noticed that the iMac was still on the table. A collage picture of them was on her wall. This made Gerald smile because some things that connects them were still in her room. Gerald just decided to wait for Kim to wake up.  

He went back to her side and sat on the floor again. Gerald pulled out his ipod and earphones to put it in his ears. He sat back on the wall and closed his eyes as the music starts to play. After a few songs, Gerald fell asleep and entered the dream state. He dreamt of Kim leaving him for good and he couldn't do anything to stop it.

While asleep, he whispered "Don't leave me, Kim...don't" Kim was awakened because she heard someone whispering. She scratched her eyes and looked to her side. She was surprised to see Gerald that she quickly sat-up. However, he saw that Gerald was asleep and he looks as if he was in pain. His voice started to grow louder, sweat formed in his head and tears started to fall, "Kim! Don't leave me! Please!"  

Kim rushed to his side and shook him to wake up "Gerald! Wake up! Please wake up!" 

Gerald's eyes slowly opened and they were clouded with tears. Upon seeing Kim, he sighed but immediately hugged her so tight that Kim couldn't breath anymore. Kim was so surprised of the gesture.

"Ge? Are you okay na?" Kim said as she slowly moved away from the hug.

Gerald wiped his eyes and smiled sadly at her "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. Nadala lang masyado and yes, I'm okay." 

Kim sighed with relief "What are you doing here at tulog ka pa? I thought magdidinner tayo?" They stood up and sat on Kim's bed. Gerald explained to Kim what happened before he fell asleep.

"But why didn't you wake me up?"

Gerald smiled warmly at her that made Kim' heart melt "Eh ang sarap po kasi ng tulog mo, prinsesa kaya di na kita inistorbo tyaka alam kong pagod ka."   

Kim pat Gerald's shoulder, "Ikaw talaga. By the way, sure akong di ka pa kumakain at kasalanan ko yun. Tara!"

"Saan naman tayo pupunta?"

Kim stood up and smiled at him, "May small carinderia sa labas lang ng subdivision, masarap dun at mura pa."

Gerald looked at his watch "But it's already 10:20, bukas pa ba yun?"

"Oo naman! Alam ko yun."

Gerald stood up, "Sige. Tara na!"

They made their way downstairs but Kim held his arm,

"Wait! You need to cover-up a little. Baka pagkaguluhan tayo pag ganito lang suot natin."

"But I don't have anything with me."

Kim pulled Gerald in her wardrobe room. She then opened the drawer on the side and pulled out an old cap. Gerald instantly recognized the cap.

He went to Kim and got the cap, "Hey! This is my cap, right?" Gerald held it as if it was delicate. 

"Yes. You left it here long ago and I didn't have the chance to return it na."  

Gerald nodded, "Where's yours?" 

Gerald and Kim bought a matching cap before. A kind of cap that was for his and hers.

"You remembered." Kim pulled out another cap from the drawer. 

"Here, let me." Gerald got the cap from her hands and put it on her head. However, the cap was loose so he adjusted the strap while it was still on her head. The close proximity made Gerald's breath caught in .    Their faces were only few inches apart. After adjusting, their eyes couldn't look away from each other but Kim was the first one to move away after a few minutes. 

Kim took a step back, "Uhmmm, let's go?"  

"Let's go." Gerald put on his cap and they made their way outside. 

"Let's bring my car na lang." Gerald suggested. 

"Why don't we walk na lang since malapit lang?"

"Sure ka?"

"Oo naman. Tara na!" Kim started to walk ahead but Gerald immediately followed. The gate of Kim's village was only four blocks away. 

"So, kamusta ka naman?" Gerald asked to break the silence between them.  

"Okay lang. Ikaw pala? Hindi ka pa nagkwekwento eh."

"Me? Where should I start?"

"What were you doing in US? How was your life there?"

"Let's see, I finished my studies just like what I've always wanted  before then Ken and I started a basketball store there to support our daily lives. I'm planning to have an expansion here, too."

Kim nodded and remembered something, "Wait, yung sa Ilo-Ilo?"

Gerald looked at her questioningly, "Anong Ilo-Ilo?"

"Sabi mo nung nag-dinner tayo. Sabi mo sa Ilo-Ilo."

"Aaahhhh...ehhh...Wala na yun. Hindi pala maganda." Gerald stammered with his words. 

"I see. I wonder nga kung bakit dun sa Ilo-Ilo and not here in Manila." 

Gerald mustered all his courage to ask Kim, "Let's see. Ikaw? Kamusta na kayo ni Xi?"

Kim stopped and looked at Gerald, "What?"

"Sabi ko, Kamusta na kayo ni Xi?"