Something New

Finally, Love!

Kim woke up with the sound of her alarm. She rubbed her eyes and checked the time, 7:00am. “It’s too early for a Sunday morning,” she thought. She grabbed her phone from the nightstand and logged-in to her twitter account. Pictures and videos from yesterday flooded her feed and notifications. She looked happy and all smiles in those pictures and somehow, she felt guilty of what she did to Gerald. She decided to dial his number, hoping he’s already awake. Gerald answered on the fourth ring.


“Good morning, chinita princess,” Gerald greeted jokingly.


“Ang aga-aga, Geraldo! By the way, nakauwi ka naman ng maayos kagabi?,” She asked.


“Oo naman.”


“Ge, sorry tala-“


“Sssshhh. Wag ka ng mag-sorry, okay? I understand nga so hayaan mo na. Kulit mo talagang chinita princess,” Gerald said. Kim laughed a bit.
“Sige, pero I owe you a dinner, puede ka ba mamayang gabi? Kain tayo. Treat ko.” She stood up and bit her nail while waiting for his response.


“Uhhh. Are you sure you won’t stood me up again? Joke. Sige, where?”


“Ako na bahala. Basta masarap”


“Kahit dun na lang sa labas ng subdivision niyo ulet. Masarap na mura pa, diba?”


“Aba, nagustuhan ng Geraldo dun ah. Pero sa iba kita dadalhin” She smiled.


“Uy, Kimmy. Wag sa madilim ha.” Gerald quipped.


“Ewan sayo, ang dumi talaga ng isip mo. Maliligo na ko. Nasa ASAP ka ba today?”


“Yup, tapos diretso story-con tayo diba?”


“Yes, so see you later na lang.”


“Sige, bye chinita princess. Ingat ka.”


“Bye. Ingat ka din.” She ended the call and went to the bathroom to get ready.