Tampo

Finally, Love!

After that night, something had changed between the two of them. Weeks had passed, Kim and Gerald became closer again. It seemed like they were back years before when they used to be the best of friends. Truly, the past was already behind them and they didn't talk about those things anymore. The two of them had a renewed friendship.

Gerald would always invite Kim to dinner after ASAP while Kim sometimes return the favor. Gerald would always make sure that they would go out with a lot of friends so as to avoid any controversies especially Kim and Xian's movie were out. However, Xian still didn't give-up on Kim even though he noticed that Kim and Gerald were on good terms again. He would still do sweet things for her and invite her sometimes to dinner.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was Sunday morning, Kim's already in the ASAP studio and Gerald was running late again. Kim fidgeted on her seat because she was worried that Gerald might not make it to the opening. Kim opened her phone and dialed Gerald's number. He answer on the second ring, "Hello? Asan ka na ba?" Kim asked worriedly. 

"Malapit na! Sabihin mo malapit na ko." Kim could hear muffled voices on the other side of the line.

"Sige. Sino pala kasama mo?" Kim asked.

"Ako? Wa...la wala." Gerald stammered and Kim was starting to feel annoyance, "Sigurado ka?"

"Oo. Basta malapit na ko." Gerald abruptly ended the call.     

Kim thought, "Aba. Saan naman nanggaling yung Geraldo na yun at nagsinungaling pa sakin? Aaarrghhh!"

Five minutes passed and Gerald arrived in the studio. The opening was about to begin in 25 minutes. Gerald frantically searched for Kim in the backstage and her dressing room but Kim intentionally hid from him. She just stayed in Shaina's dressing room.

Shaina was so surprised when Kim entered her dressing room, "Kim? Anong ginagawa mo dito?"

"Wala lang. Patambay lang muna dito, Shai ha?" Kim sat on one of the vacant seats and looked at herself on the mirror. 

"Sure, may problema ka ba? Salubong kilay mo oh." Shaina then touched Kim's eyebrows and tried to ease it. 

Kim swatted Shaina's hands and laughed, "Ako? May problema? Wala ah!" Her laugh didn't come out like the laugh she used to have before and Shaina knew better.

When she was about to say something, they heard someone shouting in the hallway. They both looked at the door and heard that the voice was coming closer.

The voice shouted, "Kim!...Kuya, Nakita mo ba si Kim?...Ahh. Wala? Sige salamat, kuya." The voice passed by their dressing room but Kim already knew whose voice was it with no doubts. 

Shaina eyed Kim questioningly and Kim shrugged in return. 

"Si Ge yun, diba?" Kim nodded once at her and brushed her hair. 

Shaina giggled and teased Kim, "Kaya ka pala nandito, pinagtataguan mo si Ge. Bakit naman?" 

Kim just shook her head.

"Eh bakit hindi ka lumabas nung sumisigaw siya sa labas?" 

"Wala lang. Hayaan mo siya."

"Anong nangyari ba?"

"Wala, Shai. Besides, lagi na kaming magkasama noh, kaya niya yun mag-isa."

"Now I really know there is something wrong between you two. Hindi ka naman ganyan, Kimmy eh. Bili! Spill the beans na." Shaina continued to nudge her. 

Kim finally looked at her and sighed, "Eh kasi nagsinungaling siya sakin. Sabi niya wala siyang kasama kanina pero nakarinig ako ng boses sa tawag kanina." She crossed her arms.

Shaina laughed, "Kimmy, yun lang? Kilala mo naman si Ge, for sure may rineready yun for you." 

"Hay. Bahala siya. I'll listen to music muna, Shai ha. If you don't mind." 

"No. It's okay. Ang cute niyo pa ring talagang dalawa." Kim nodded at her and pulled out her cellphone and earphones from her pocket. She put her cellphone first on Airplane mode because she was sure that Gerald would call her. She put the earphones on and closed her eyes. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Gerald still searched for Kim in the backstage. He was starting to get worried because everyone said that they've not seen her go out of her dressing room but he went there and she was not there. He tried calling her a number of times but her phonce was cannot be reached. She saw Shaina on the hall and decided to ask her.

"Shai, nakita mo ba si Kim? Kanina ko pa hinahanap pero di ko makita eh. Walang nakakita sa kanya na lumabas ng room pero wala naman siya dun. Cannot be reached din cellphone niya, Nag-aalala na ko baka kung anong nangyari na dun." Gerald said and he was almost out of breath when he finished.  

Shaina lightly pat Gerald's shoulder, "Dahan dahan lang. Nasa dressing room ko si Kim, mukhang galit sayo."

Gerald eyed her questioningly, "Bakit naman?"  

"Kayo na mag-usap. Punta ka na dun! Bili!" Shaina then shooed Gerald away.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kim still had her eyes closed and earphones on when Gerald entered the room. He made way towards her and sat on the vacant chair beside her. He laid his arms on the arm support of Kim's chair and looked lovingly at her. As always, Gerald couldn't get enough of her beauty. He had been quite all around the would but he never found anyone who can surpass Kim's beauty.

Gerald got up and stood behind her chair. He lowered himself, hugged Kim from behind and kissed her right cheek. Kim's eyes flew open and saw Gerald staring at her through the mirror, she smiled, instantly forgetting that she was annoyed at Gerald. He still had his arms around her and for a few seconds, they stayed in that position.

Gerald was the first one to break the slience. "Sabi ni Shai, galit ka raw sa akin?"

Kim's smiling face quickly changed into a look of annoyance. She removed Gerald's arms around her, stood up, crossed her arms and just looked at him as if waiting for an explanation.

Gerald shrugged his shoulders, "What? What did I do?" Kim didn't answer.

"What? Sige ka, pag hindi ka sumagot diyan, hahalikan kita." Gerald pouted his lips and slowly walked to Kim. She put out both of her arms and tried to stop Gerald. The silliness of the situation made Kim broke into a grin and giggle.

Gerald also grinned and still tried to push himself to Kim, "Tama na Gerald! Tama na! Hahahaha!"

Kim was already pushed to the wall. "Sige na nga but tell me first kung bakit galit ka sa'kin at nagtatago."

"What? Ayoko nga." Kim stuck out her tongue.

"Pag hindi mo sinabi, kikilitiin naman kita." Gerald started to raise his finger slowly as if threatening Kim.

"Hindi na! Eto na sasabihin ko na po." Kim was still laughing and her face was already red. Gerald backed away a few inches and waited for her to explain.

"Hmmm. Secret!" Kim tried to run away but Gerald quickly held her waist and put her back on the wall again. He put out his arms to trap her.

Gerald pinched her nose, "Tatakasan mo pa ako ha. So ano na? Diba pag may problema tayo sa isa't isa, ang usapan natin, sasabihin natin kagad?"

Kim surrendered and explained why she was annoyed and hid from him. All the while, Gerald was just grinning at her.

Kim pouted, "At nangiti ka pa diyan? Nagsinungaling ka kaya sa akin!"

"Yun ba? Sige na nga aamin na ko since nahuli naman na ako." Gerald raised his arms and laughed. "I had a surprise readied for you later. Okay?"

"Anong surprise naman yun?" It was Gerald's turn to stick out his tongue at her and Kim pinched his ear.

"Surprise nga diba? Bakit ko naman sasabihin sayo?" Gerald backed away again and walked in front of the mirror. Kim followed and stood behind him.

"Mr. Anderson, hindi okay yung tie mo. Akin na, ayusin ko." Gerald turned around and faced Kim. He looked in her eyes as she adjusted the strap of Gerald's tie.

Gerald smiled lovingly and whispered, "Basta, be ready mamaya, okay? Alam ko na schedule mo for this day so wala kang magagawa."

"Okay po. Mukhang plinano mo na naman lahat eh. She whispered back. When Kim was done fixing his tie, Gerald pressed her lips to Kim's left cheek for a few seconds and left the room. Kim was left alone in the room and touched the side of her cheek, wondering what would be Gerald's surprise for tonight.