Forgot

Finally, Love!

After ASAP, Kim was cornered by reporters because of a new issue circulating in social media. She was by herself outside the studio when they came to her and she gladly accommodated them.

Reporter1: Kim? Kim? Totoo ba na nagkabalikan na kayo ni Gerald?

Kim smiled and shook her head, "Po? Hindi, hindi. We're friends now and everything's good na."

Reporter1: Napapadalas daw yung labas niyo kasi ang daming kumakalat na pictures in social media.    

"Marami po kami. Isang grupo kami kasama sila Enchong, Pamu, Alex tyaka yung iba pa. Hang-out lang." She replied and giggled.  

Reporter2: Kayo ni Maja? Di ka ba naiilang na...alam mo na, kayong tatlo?

Kim politely smiled, "Past na yun, ate. Ilang taon nang nakalipas. Kalimutan na natin basta everything's good na."

Reporter3: Kayo ni Xian? Kamusta na kayo? Sinagot mo na ba?

Kim laughed, "Ay ate, echosera ka ha. Friends din po kami."

The reporters asked more questions about Kim's new movie and her relationship with Xian.

Reporter3: Yung project niyo ni Gerald, tuloy ba?

Kim nodded, "Opo, baka next week..." Kim looked up and saw Gerald standing behind the reporters. His arms were crossed and he was making a funny face. She giggled because he was so silly and looked cute. For a while, Kim forgot the reporters in front of her. She stuck out her tongue in reply and imitated a monkey's face just like in My Girl. The reporters were confused why she did that so they looked behind and saw Gerald smiling at them. They were surprised and camera flashes began to go wild again.

Kim called out Gerald and gestured to come closer, "'Lika! Samahan mo ko." Gerald walked and stood beside her. He smiled at the reporters.

Reporter2: Ang sweet niyo naman. So yung project niyo kailan sisimulan?

Kim and Gerald looked at each other and talked through their eyes. "Ano po, gaya ng sabi ni Kim, next week may look-test na kami." Gerald answered back.

Reporter3: Is this a movie or teleserye?

Kim looked up at Gerald and asked, "Puede na ba?" Gerald just nodded. She looked back at the reporter and replied. "Teleserye po siya."  

Reporter1: Ay exciting! Ang daming naghihintay sa inyong dalawa. To Gerald, may balak ka bang ligawan si Kim ulet? Diba sabi nila, love is lovelier the second time around. 

Kim blushed. "Kuya naman, ano ba namang tanong yan?" 

Gerald laughed and replied, "Yung teleserye po yung abangan kasi I know din po na marami talagang naghihintay for this. Diba, Kim?" She smiled and nodded.

Reporter1: Hindi mo naman sinagot, Ge eh.    

Gerald laughed hard this time. He shrugged his shoulders and put his fingers over his mouth and made a gesture that he zipped his mouth. Kim giggled and pinched his ear.

Reporter2: Kim, ikaw na lang. Kung sakaling manligaw din ba sayo si Gerald, may chance? Diba si Xian din matagal na nanliligaw sayo?

"Haba ng hair!" one of the reporters shouted. 

Kim laughed and slapped Gerald's arm because He showed off Kim's long hair.

After a few seconds, Kim still cannot contain her laughter so she just answered while laughing, "Just watch our movie, Bride for rent part 2. Hahaha! And abangan ng mga Kimeralds yung new teleserye namin ni Ge."

Gerald smiled politely at the reporters. "Thank you po sa inyo. Sige po. Alis na kami."  He turned to Kim, "Tara na, Kim." He pulled Kim's arm and guided her away from the reporters. When they were out of sight from the reporters, Gerald  placed his arm around Kim and they went to the direction of the parking lot.  

"Ang kulit mo dun ah." Gerald commented.

"Ikaw din eh. May paganun-ganun ka pa. Mga pauso mo eh." Kim giggled and imitated Gerald's gesture of zipping his mouth.

"Ewan sayo, Chiu. Basta mamaya ha, Okay? Di ako yung susundo sayo." 

"Ha? Bakit naman?"

"Basta surprise." They were already standing in front of Kim's E150. 

"Sige na nga."

"Very good. Sakay ka na. Sige. Ingat kayo." Gerald was about to lean in and kiss Kim's cheek but Kim was quick to kiss him first. Gerald's eyes widened and he tried to suppress his smile.

"Ano...Sige. Sakay na ko." Kim quickly turned around and opened the door. She got in the van. Gerald's eyes just followed her. He moved away from the van and saluted at Kuya Fredo as the van pulled away. 

Gerald was left standing there, smiling, holding the cheek where Kim's lips landed.

Kim felt giddy while on their way home. She didn't know what overcame her when she did that. She just knew how it felt good to be with Gerald and do the things they did before. 

"Pakipot ka naman, Kim Chiu!" She thought and giggled.

Her phone rang and the caller id was one of Xian's friends. 

"Kim?! Nasaan ka?" the friend asked. Worriness was evident in his voice. 

"Pauwi na? Bakit? May nangyari ba?" 

"Kim, si Xian! May nangyari kay Xian. Pumunta ka dito! Itetext ko yung address sayo." Kim started to worry about Xian's safety. 

"Sige! Itext mo na, bili!" She ended the call. When she received the text, she pulled away. 

It was already 6pm when they arrived at the address given to her. She rushed out of the van and dashed inside. She didn't notice that the address given to her was a pavilion hall because of her worriness. 

When she entered hall, the lights were off. She called out, "Xian?"

The lights opened, confettis exploded, and Kimxi fans greeted her. She saw Xian standing in the center holding out a bouquet. 

"Congrats, Kimmy!" He said and gave the flowers to her. He kissed her cheek and everyone shrieked.

Kim was so surprised that she didn't know how to react. "Ano 'to?" She took a look in the area and saw a live band on the corner, a buffet table and even a photobooth.

"Surprise party." Xian answered. "Dahil successful yung movie natin." 

She slapped Xian's arm playfully, "Kainis ka! Ikaw talaga. Akala ko kung anong nangyari sayo. Pinakaba mo ko."   

Xian placed his arm around her, "Surprise nga kasi diba. Okay ba?"

"Ewan sayo, Xi!" She laughed. 

The party started. They played games, sang-along and ate their dinner. The night was full of fan that Kim totally forgot what Gerald said to her awhile ago. 

On the other side, Gerald fidgeted on his car because Kim couldn't be contacted. He tried calling her phone but she doesn't answer until it became "cannot be reached." 

He planned a dinner by the beach for Kim. He had everything set for them to enjoy the night in the beach. To ensure their privacy, he even rented out the whole beach resort. That night was supposed to be a special night because he would ask her if he still got a chance to have her. He would ask Kim if he can court her for the second time. 

When the driver came back, he said that Kim was not in the house and her maids also didn't know where she was. Gerald immediately called Kim's friends and managers but they, too didn't know where Kim was. Gerald almost went to the police station but Enchong stopped him when he called. He just looked around the city and went to places where Kim usually go.

It was already 1am when Kim arrived at her house. She left her phone open inside the van when she entered the hall so the battery was already dead.

When Kim was about to open the gate, she saw a familiar car parked near her house. She squinted her eyes to look at the plate number and immediately recognized to whom it belonged. She ran towards the side of the car and saw Gerald sleeping with the windows open. 

"Kim! Ang tanga, tanga mo! Bakit mo nakalimutan?" She thought. Kim shook his shoulder and Gerald immediately woke up. When he saw her, he quickly got out of the car and hugged her tight. 

He let go, checked Kim and asked, "Kim? Okay ka lang ba? Saan ka nanggaling? Bakit di ka nasagot sa tawag ko? Sila Pamu pati sila Ate Portia hindi alam kung nasaan ka." worriness was evident in his voice that made Kim's heart melt. 

She looked up to him and whispered, "Ge, sorry."

Gerald hugged her again, "Shhhhh. Kim. Okay lang basta safe ka. Pero saan ka ba nanggaling at silang lahat hindi alam kung nasaan ka?"

"Ano kasi, may party pala na inorganize si..."

"Sino?"

"Si Xian..." she trailed. When Gerald heard Xian's name, his face changed from worriness to annoyance. 

"I see." was all Gerald's reply.                  

"Gerald, I'm sorry. Linoko kasi nila ako para mapapunta dun kasi sinabi na may nangyari daw kay Xian. I didn't know na surprise party pala yun." Kim explained.

"Yung phone mo?" 

"Naiwan ko sa van. Nakalimutan ko na rin kasi. I'm so sorry, Ge."   

He smiled sadly at her, "Okay lang. Sige pasok ka na, alam kong pagod ka na rin." He entered the car and started the engine. "Bili, pumasok ka na. Sige ka, hindi ako aalis dito pag di ka pa pumasok." 

"Sige. Ingat ka ha. I'm very sorry, Ge. Alam kong pagod ka na rin."

He looked into her eyes, "Hindi ako mapapagod." 

"Pero, I understand what you did." His voice almost cracked. Kim walked to her gate and entered. Gerald drove through the night with tears falling from his eyes. 

Gerald went home and called his dad. Luckily, he woke up and answered on the 5th ring.

"Ge, is there a problem?"

"Nothing, Dad. I just want someone to talk to."

"About what, son?" 

"You know that I'm trying to get back Kim, right?"

"Yes. Your mom told me and I think she was happier than you." Daddy Randy laughed.

"I know. Mommy has always been like that. But back to Kim, it's just that tonight, I was supposed to treat her to a dinner but she didn't come nor gave me a notice. She said that Xian threw her a surprise party and boom! She completely forgot me. Is this a sign, dad?"

"Sign for what, Ge? Sign to give-up? No. Just give her more time. Xian used to be by her side when you went on your own way and he's the closest guy to Kim now. You should know that, son."

"I know, Dad but I thought I was making atleast some progress after weeks we've been spending time together."

"You can't think that way, Ge. Just like you said, weeks pa lang. That's just a short time and you surely can't take Xian out of her life just like that. You're the one who left and just came back. Do you really expect that she would just run into your arms?"

Gerald thought for a second, "You're right, dad. What should I do?"

"Give her space but let her know that you're still there. Make her feel your presence but take it slow. You might suffocate her. Plus, you don't have the right to get jealous about it, son. Take  note of that."

"Alright, dad. You're right about this and that's what I'm gonna do."

"Good, son and next time, call a bit early okay? You're dad's not getting any younger and needs some sleep."

Gerald laughed, "Sorry, dad. Go get some sleep now and thank you."

"You can only call me again at this kind of time only if Kim is your girlfriend na."

"Daddy talaga. Sige, love you dad."

"Love you, too son." He said and hang-up.

"Take things slow. Maybe this is a premonition that now's not the right time." He thought and tried to sleep.